Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk 14:18 - Jan 8 with 1837 viewshype313

I know it takes time to build up the structure after it was decimated by Evans, but I was chatting with one of the other coaches on Saturday at my sons U'9's game and he had 2 scouts from Norwich at Ransomes sports club last month taking 3 of his boys, he said he knew of other boys at Holbrook going to Norwich, and he emailed the club to tell them this and didn't receive a reply.

Hopefully in the not too distant future we will see more of an ITFC presence around our area.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 14:20 - Jan 8 with 1797 viewstextbackup

Rather proud hearing the abuse they get on the Kesgrave all weather pitches when they are there.

Mainly kids doing to. Tear in eye moment

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 14:26 - Jan 8 with 1737 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Although they are our rivals, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and co are also all over this region and take a chunk of the talent too. It's not unusual and never has been a "thing" until very recently that anyone was that worried about it, we also have had scouts operating all of the UK in years past, not all our youth products are from this area and nor have them been historically.
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:34 - Jan 8 with 1283 viewsElephantintheRoom

The franchise have gone on record that youth development is not their business model haven’t they? Hence KD exiting stage left.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:36 - Jan 8 with 1271 viewsportmanking

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:34 - Jan 8 by ElephantintheRoom

The franchise have gone on record that youth development is not their business model haven’t they? Hence KD exiting stage left.

Quelle surprise, the Elephant returns with his budgie stench on a thread about the Budgies... Fed up of your mask slipping?
By "franchise" I assume you mean.... on 16:40 - Jan 8 with 1256 viewsBloots

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:34 - Jan 8 by ElephantintheRoom

....the Milwaukee Brewers MLB franchise, that own norwich?

That franchise?

Yeah?

You daft sod.

I await your response, which obviously won't materialise.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:42 - Jan 8 with 1225 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:36 - Jan 8 by portmanking

Quelle surprise, the Elephant returns with his budgie stench on a thread about the Budgies... Fed up of your mask slipping?

The only reason he's not on my div list is out of morbid curiosity. Initially to see what utter bollox he'd come up with next, but now to see how long he can regurgitate the same dull cr@p.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:52 - Jan 8 with 1160 viewsChurchman

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:42 - Jan 8 by GeoffSentence

The only reason he's not on my div list is out of morbid curiosity. Initially to see what utter bollox he'd come up with next, but now to see how long he can regurgitate the same dull cr@p.

Same here.

It does tend to be the same stuff over and over, but the frequency depends on bad news story frequency
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:59 - Jan 8 with 1116 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time and money.

We've definitely started the regrowth. But we are behind about 10 years unfortunately.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

By "franchise" I assume you mean.... on 17:17 - Jan 8 with 1064 viewsMattinLondon

By "franchise" I assume you mean.... on 16:40 - Jan 8 by Bloots

....the Milwaukee Brewers MLB franchise, that own norwich?

That franchise?

Yeah?

You daft sod.

I await your response, which obviously won't materialise.

He’s far too cowardly to reply.
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:20 - Jan 8 with 1039 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ipswich and Norwich both run coaching sessions in north Suffolk. I don't think either are likely to stop. It is important we show better judgement than them on who we offer opportunities and ultimately contracts to.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:25 - Jan 8 with 982 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Green shoots. A lad I taught (Cambridgeshire based) who has been through Norwich's academy for years has now made the switch and signed for Town at U16s level. He played for the U18s the other week so I'm hoping his development will continue nicely here.
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:28 - Jan 8 with 961 viewsFrimleyBlue

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:20 - Jan 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ipswich and Norwich both run coaching sessions in north Suffolk. I don't think either are likely to stop. It is important we show better judgement than them on who we offer opportunities and ultimately contracts to.

And start showing you can make progress by joining us.

Not just about first team football at town. That's not always going to happen.. but players moving onto having a solid career. There's been some names mentioned over the years that I can't say I've seen progress away from town other than gibbs.

Simpsons kinda gone but then gone immediately backwards really.
There was bello... no idea whats happened to him
Knight who went to City... not sure how that's gone
Who was that wonderkid who went to arsenal? Did he end up abroad?

There are obvious success stories like downes. And we've got wolfy. Clarke etc now. But it's the ones who move away from town that's also important imo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:44 - Jan 8 with 883 viewsMattinLondon

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:28 - Jan 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not just about first team football at town. That's not always going to happen.. but players moving onto having a solid career. There's been some names mentioned over the years that I can't say I've seen progress away from town other than gibbs.

There are obvious success stories like downes. And we've got wolfy. Clarke etc now. But it's the ones who move away from town that's also important imo

I personally don’t blame youngsters for moving to a bigger club. Especially in the days when Evans was still here and all aspects of the club was run like a Pondland shop in a rundown area.

Knight doesn’t seem to have done much at Man City but he is probably set for life in terms of finances. And when he gets shown the door there I’m sure plenty of clubs will give him a chance based on his Man City education.

A youngster went to Arsenal and I believe that he’s playing in the Mexican Premier League which is a good standard. Maybe a European club will come in for him if he has a good couple of seasons.

As I said, you can’t blame youngsters for leaving - Charlie Brown left for Chelsea and was the leading scorer in u18 football as well as in the u21 champions league but he hasn’t done anything at men’s level. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:51 - Jan 8 with 820 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:28 - Jan 8 by FrimleyBlue

I have no idea but, depending on how far we go back (and bearing in mind the ones you are mentioning haven't yet reached the peak of their careers), I reckon Ipswich have as many come through the academy and make it at a high level as nodge have done.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 17:53 - Jan 8 with 802 viewsdavblue

Norwich still over youth football in Suffolk on 16:42 - Jan 8 by GeoffSentence

Could you confirm which poster you are talking about??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024