Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stansfield 09:53 - Jan 12 with 3795 viewsbluesbrothers

Another thread...

Do we think it's a fair assumption to make that if he's not here by Saturday, then he's not coming? Certainly if he plays for Bham, then he's not coming?

His insta post was one of two things - it was either a "goodbye" post (I was sure it was), or a "I'm staying" post. There's no other reason.

So if was goodbye, I'd expect him to move pretty quickly (certainly not play at the weekend). Therefore, if not here and plays on Saturday, we can assume it's not happening.
Stansfield on 09:54 - Jan 12 with 3197 viewsRimsy

Yeah sounds about right

BlueBlood

Stansfield on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 3109 viewstractorboy1978

The Fulham recall window must be up soon if it isn't already.
Stansfield on 10:05 - Jan 12 with 3066 views_clive_baker_

There's been a lot of talk about this short recall window which Rooney alluded to. You would think that would be in the early stages of the month, I wouldn't have thought Birmingham would be comfortable to have him potentially recalled at the 11th hour. Having said that it would've been Fulham who held the cards when negotiating it, but equally I'm not sure what the benefit to them would've been of having it late in the window either really.

I make it unlikely, I think he's definitely one we would've spoken to Fulham about but I do think there would've been some movement by now.

It'll be interesting to see who we end up with, I'm sure there's multiple targets and probably a case of a couple of dominos falling further up the food chain first.
Stansfield on 10:12 - Jan 12 with 2995 viewsKieran_Knows

At a glance, it looks like plenty of clubs have recalled players from loans this week, so my guess that clause could be similar for Stansfield.

As you say, I think if he starts/plays for Birmingham tomorrow, we can assume he's staying there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 12 with 2918 viewssantiagosentme

People need to stop stalking players insta and reading too much into things. Just be patient and trust the process. I know the weather is sh1t but there is plenty of things to do instead of stalking football players social media lol
Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 12 with 2904 viewsDeano69

Listening to Marcus Stewart, Stansfield would be a great addition here

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Stansfield on 10:27 - Jan 12 with 2809 viewsbluesbrothers

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 12 by santiagosentme

People need to stop stalking players insta and reading too much into things. Just be patient and trust the process. I know the weather is sh1t but there is plenty of things to do instead of stalking football players social media lol

So following players on a platform where the purpose is to follow them is now stalking. Good one.
Stansfield on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 2793 viewsGuthrum

Stansfield on 10:17 - Jan 12 by Deano69

Listening to Marcus Stewart, Stansfield would be a great addition here

I'm fairly convinced that had Simms come to us he would be doing better than he has been at Coventry. However, as with all these situations, it's a matter of availability. We couldn't get Simms and it looks increasingly unlikely we'll get Stansfield.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Stansfield on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 2743 viewssantiagosentme

Stansfield on 10:27 - Jan 12 by bluesbrothers

So following players on a platform where the purpose is to follow them is now stalking. Good one.

There's following them and then reading into their posts too much and using it to start some sort of silly rumour.
Stansfield on 10:33 - Jan 12 with 2735 viewsSomethingBlue

Stansfield on 10:30 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

I'm fairly convinced that had Simms come to us he would be doing better than he has been at Coventry. However, as with all these situations, it's a matter of availability. We couldn't get Simms and it looks increasingly unlikely we'll get Stansfield.

Was it ever confirmed that we went in hard for Simms and were pipped? Genuine question, I promise. It seems to have become accepted wisdom but if it's been said by a really trustworthy source then I've missed it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Stansfield on 10:40 - Jan 12 with 2663 viewsGuthrum

Stansfield on 10:33 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

Was it ever confirmed that we went in hard for Simms and were pipped? Genuine question, I promise. It seems to have become accepted wisdom but if it's been said by a really trustworthy source then I've missed it.

I assumed it was not so much 'pipped', as "the price very quickly moved beyond our acceptable range" and the club dropped whatever interest they may have had.

I'm only going by the fact that everybody believed we were after Simms, no hard evidence.

With Mowbray now as manager, if he plays Saturday suggest he’s not coming in on 10:41 - Jan 12 with 2650 viewsunstableblue

Chance of injury on Saturday playing for Brum, especially if we’re buying him from Fulham, mean can’t see a deal if he plays

Also Mowbray is probably seen as safe pair of hands manager to develop the player on behalf of Fulham

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Stansfield on 10:42 - Jan 12 with 2647 viewsbluejacko

It just isn’t Ashtons style is it ? Of all the players that various sites have us very heavily linked with actually how many have arrived here?
Stansfield on 10:42 - Jan 12 with 2640 viewsSomethingBlue

Stansfield on 10:40 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

I assumed it was not so much 'pipped', as "the price very quickly moved beyond our acceptable range" and the club dropped whatever interest they may have had.

I'm only going by the fact that everybody believed we were after Simms, no hard evidence.

I'm sure we had some kind of interest but there seems to be the perception that we "missed out" – that old chestnut – and I've never seen or heard anything to suggest that. Others will be better versed than me though!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Stansfield on 10:43 - Jan 12 with 2629 viewsPhilTWTD

Stansfield on 10:33 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

We were definitely interested, although not sure at what point we gave up the chase. Obviously that was in addition to Hirst.
With Mowbray now as manager, if he plays Saturday suggest he’s not coming in on 10:47 - Jan 12 with 2537 views_clive_baker_

With Mowbray now as manager, if he plays Saturday suggest he’s not coming in on 10:41 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

Chance of injury on Saturday playing for Brum, especially if we’re buying him from Fulham, mean can’t see a deal if he plays

Also Mowbray is probably seen as safe pair of hands manager to develop the player on behalf of Fulham

I would agree with that. If we take off our tinted specs and look at it objectively, he's seemingly getting what they want out of that deal I'm sure. Assuming the player is happy enough there then he's playing regularly, scoring, developing, and at the same level as us. Experiencing a bit of pressure and adversity isn't such a bad thing at a young age. McKenna is certainly a pull factor but as you say Mogga is a very experienced manager too and a top bloke. If I were in charge of his development at Fulham I wouldn't see much rationale to upset the apple cart and pull him from there to send to us tbh, certainly not on another loan.
Stansfield on 10:51 - Jan 12 with 2493 viewsGuthrum

Stansfield on 10:42 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

I'm sure we had some kind of interest but there seems to be the perception that we "missed out" – that old chestnut – and I've never seen or heard anything to suggest that. Others will be better versed than me though!

I didn't think we were ever in serious contention at the level Coventry (having just lucratively sold players) was willing to pay. We missed out only in the sense that Simms was too expensive to remain on our list for very long.

That was really my point. Simms was way out of reach on price, Stansfield likely also, due to the allegedly restricted loan recall arrangement and Birmingham having changed manager. There's no point in pining after the unavailable.

About the same amount… on 10:53 - Jan 12 with 2453 viewsBloots

Stansfield on 10:42 - Jan 12 by bluejacko

It just isn’t Ashtons style is it ? Of all the players that various sites have us very heavily linked with actually how many have arrived here?

….as any other regime.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Stansfield on 11:37 - Jan 12 with 2137 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Stansfield on 10:30 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

Agreed, I think Simms would fly under McKenna

Poll: Is Billm….

About the same amount… on 11:40 - Jan 12 with 2100 viewsPhilTWTD

About the same amount… on 10:53 - Jan 12 by Bloots

….as any other regime.

I'd say yes and no on that. Clearly there's a lot more nonsense around at the moment, far more names just thrown at the wall or put out there by agents with us mentioned as it's known we're one of the clubs with money. But most names we sign have got out there from one source or another, as has always been the case.

I actually thought in the summer we signed 19 players more was getting out than at any point since I've been running TWTD.
Stansfield on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 1992 viewsyorkshireblue

Stansfield on 10:05 - Jan 12 by _clive_baker_

There's been a lot of talk about this short recall window which Rooney alluded to. You would think that would be in the early stages of the month, I wouldn't have thought Birmingham would be comfortable to have him potentially recalled at the 11th hour. Having said that it would've been Fulham who held the cards when negotiating it, but equally I'm not sure what the benefit to them would've been of having it late in the window either really.

I make it unlikely, I think he's definitely one we would've spoken to Fulham about but I do think there would've been some movement by now.

It'll be interesting to see who we end up with, I'm sure there's multiple targets and probably a case of a couple of dominos falling further up the food chain first.

If the window is at the start of January, Fulham would have to make a decision to recall him or not without knowing how their own transfer business plays out.

They may choose to recall him on Jan 1... then on Jan 28th Haaland announces he's a lifelong Cottager and wants to move there and only there and they sign him. Now they are stuck with Stansfield further down the pecking order not getting game time and developing.
Stansfield on 12:03 - Jan 12 with 1910 viewsVegtablue

Stansfield on 11:54 - Jan 12 by yorkshireblue

If the window is at the start of January, Fulham would have to make a decision to recall him or not without knowing how their own transfer business plays out.

They may choose to recall him on Jan 1... then on Jan 28th Haaland announces he's a lifelong Cottager and wants to move there and only there and they sign him. Now they are stuck with Stansfield further down the pecking order not getting game time and developing.

If he was getting minutes before Haaland's arrival, he would only be an injury away from getting minutes again and the man's luscious locks may rub off on him in training. If he wasn't getting any minutes he could come to us on the 30th, once Haaland's contact is finalised. I would send an email to Fulham today promising that we'll make room, even if we sign others in the meantime.
[Post edited 12 Jan 12:04]
Stansfield on 12:15 - Jan 12 with 1842 viewsIllinoisblue

Stansfield on 10:05 - Jan 12 by _clive_baker_

Stansfield Recall Window has strong early potential to be one of the first pieces of Banter Era 2.0

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stansfield on 12:22 - Jan 12 with 1788 viewsJon_456

Stansfield on 11:54 - Jan 12 by yorkshireblue

It’s an interesting point (the dates, not haaland).

Most transfer business doesn’t happen until the last week or two of Jan other than deals agreed pre Christmas.

It may be that Fulham’s recall window is in the next week knowing that it was always unlikely anyone would want to sign him in the first two weeks of January. That way he stays sharp playing for Birmingham rather than training with Fulham reserves while they wait / hope for another offer.
Stansfield on 12:39 - Jan 12 with 1692 viewsVegtablue

Stansfield on 12:22 - Jan 12 by Jon_456

It’s an interesting point (the dates, not haaland).

Most transfer business doesn’t happen until the last week or two of Jan other than deals agreed pre Christmas.

It may be that Fulham’s recall window is in the next week knowing that it was always unlikely anyone would want to sign him in the first two weeks of January. That way he stays sharp playing for Birmingham rather than training with Fulham reserves while they wait / hope for another offer.

Earlier in January makes sense to me because it covers the danger of an injury crisis for the parent club, or simply the player showing they are now capable of stepping up. It also slightly reduces the risk of the asset injuring themselves.

Many conversations are had before the window opens of course and strikers remain top of most clubs' wishlist, so the risk for the parent club of being saddled with a good player beyond January is low. They can send him back out on loan towards the end of the window if offers fall through, don't materialise or he doesn't look ready still, providing they don't play him in a competitive game.

You'd also have the added jeopardy for interested clubs otherwise, who would have little time to operate in if the player moved elsewhere and probably wouldn't be keen on waiting until much of the window was finished.
[Post edited 12 Jan 12:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024