Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Medical emergencies in the crowd 23:23 - Jan 13 with 1613 viewshatch

Sadly another cardiac arrest at the Bolton v Cheltenham game today after 30 minutes and the game was subsequently abandoned.

There was a similar case at Leyton Orient v Lincoln earlier in the season late in the game that also led to abandonment.

Ipswich’s sad loss v QPR at half time didn’t lead to abandonment.

I don’t have a strong view on what the right response is but intrigued that our game continued when the two other examples I have to hand led to abandonments. I’m guessing the league guidance around this is to let the clubs and authorities come to an agreement locally?
Medical emergencies in the crowd on 23:28 - Jan 13 with 1537 viewspointofblue

I wonder whether the ability to move the person taken ill plays a part? With Ann (RIP), they were able to get her out of the stand and into an ambulance quite quickly. Perhaps that wasn't the case at Orient or Bolton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 23:52 - Jan 13 with 1418 viewsBlueBadger

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 23:28 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

I wonder whether the ability to move the person taken ill plays a part? With Ann (RIP), they were able to get her out of the stand and into an ambulance quite quickly. Perhaps that wasn't the case at Orient or Bolton.

I suspect a combination of factors including(but not exhaustively)...

Access to local Eds/tertiary care, road infrastructure and condition of patient would be the main ones, at an educated guess.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 00:35 - Jan 14 with 1320 viewsIllinoisblue

Without wishing to sound flippant about it I wonder if when buying a season ticket fans were given a question to answer how they would respond: if you were to suffer a medical emergency and pass away at Portman Road would you

a) want the game called off.
B) carry on playing
C) carted round the pitch to a standing ovation

C for me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 00:50 - Jan 14 with 1262 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 00:35 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

Without wishing to sound flippant about it I wonder if when buying a season ticket fans were given a question to answer how they would respond: if you were to suffer a medical emergency and pass away at Portman Road would you

B) carry on playing

C for me.

D) Pop me on the bench for the rest of the match. It's what I would've wanted.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 05:13 - Jan 14 with 1093 viewstcblue

E) pep talk from McKenna, back in my seat buzzing within five mins
Medical emergencies in the crowd on 06:52 - Jan 14 with 1000 viewssaxon

Timing may be a factor too - an incident at half time when players already stopped and players are off the pitch being less disruptive than one involving stopping the game.
Medical emergencies in the crowd on 09:36 - Jan 14 with 802 viewsPendejo

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 00:35 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

B) carry on playing

C for me.

F) shackle me to a couple of willing volunteers in Cobbold (Weekend at Bernie's style)

I am aware of a Woolwich based family who had a family member pass away who had stayed that he wanted to dance at his own funeral, and his family dutifully complied...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 10:47 - Jan 14 with 665 viewsNeedhamChris

Abandonment feels like the right option, I think it was a bit distasteful that we played the second half - all felt a bit irrelevant and surreal in comparison. And that's from the other end of the ground, must have been worse in the stand.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

Medical emergencies in the crowd on 11:07 - Jan 14 with 626 viewsDeano69

Without sounding ghoulish, it makes wonder the difference between a football stadium experiencing a death or likelihood of a death, when in other circumstances you would have the area sealed off as a crime scene?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024