Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Multi ball yesterday 17:06 - Jan 14 with 2137 viewsbluejacko

Can’t say I’ve actually noticed it before but having those balls to hand yesterday gave Sunderland some very quick throw ins when they were chasing the game!
Multi ball yesterday on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 2110 viewsJeff_winger

Standard at all grounds now
New rule introduced at start of season.
10 match balls
[Post edited 14 Jan 17:09]
Multi ball yesterday on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 2105 viewsgainsboroughblue

We needed that at Upton Park in the play-off second leg, 2004.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Multi ball yesterday on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 2065 viewsnorfsufblue

The cycnic in me suddenly thinks.... us fans need to get the original back on the pitch ASAP to slow thongs down in that situation!
Multi ball yesterday on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 2053 viewsJeff_winger

Multi ball yesterday on 17:08 - Jan 14 by gainsboroughblue

We needed that at Upton Park in the play-off second leg, 2004.

And in 1996 when I was a young lad, the ball came in the stand, back then stands were nearly empty.

So I ran to get it and give it to Tony Vaughn , ipswich were chasing the game, he looked at me angrily and said, give me the f***ing ball.

Never forgot that
Multi ball yesterday on 17:13 - Jan 14 with 2022 viewsgainsboroughblue

Multi ball yesterday on 17:11 - Jan 14 by Jeff_winger

And in 1996 when I was a young lad, the ball came in the stand, back then stands were nearly empty.

So I ran to get it and give it to Tony Vaughn , ipswich were chasing the game, he looked at me angrily and said, give me the f***ing ball.

Never forgot that

Frank Yallop shot me a look at a Football Combination match when my throw from the West Stand to him went a few yards to his left. I stopped bothering after that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Multi ball yesterday on 17:14 - Jan 14 with 2017 viewsSitfcB

Multi ball yesterday on 17:10 - Jan 14 by norfsufblue

The cycnic in me suddenly thinks.... us fans need to get the original back on the pitch ASAP to slow thongs down in that situation!

Indeed. There were a couple of occasions I was saying to myself ‘chuck it back in play’ when Cobbold lower got the ball

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Multi ball yesterday on 17:19 - Jan 14 with 1962 viewsPippin1970

I'm still proud of myself throwing ball to Greg Leigh. Then he threw to Chaplin to score against Accrington away. The winning goal and 3 points . Basically I got us promotion
Multi ball yesterday on 17:23 - Jan 14 with 1915 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Multi ball yesterday on 17:19 - Jan 14 by Pippin1970

I'm still proud of myself throwing ball to Greg Leigh. Then he threw to Chaplin to score against Accrington away. The winning goal and 3 points . Basically I got us promotion

You probably should've been listed for an assist.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Multi ball yesterday on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 1798 viewsStenvict

Multi ball yesterday on 17:19 - Jan 14 by Pippin1970

More input on the pitch than Ed, and he got a medal

Poll: What will be announced first?

Multi ball yesterday on 17:56 - Jan 14 with 1779 viewsYallop2

Multi ball yesterday on 17:13 - Jan 14 by gainsboroughblue

Frank Yallop shot me a look at a Football Combination match when my throw from the West Stand to him went a few yards to his left. I stopped bothering after that.

Sorry mate
Multi ball yesterday on 18:17 - Jan 14 with 1701 views_clive_baker_

Multi ball yesterday on 17:14 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

Indeed. There were a couple of occasions I was saying to myself ‘chuck it back in play’ when Cobbold lower got the ball

Harness booted a 2nd ball onto the pitch right towards the end and got a finger wag from the ref. You love to see it.
Multi ball yesterday on 18:21 - Jan 14 with 1668 viewsPendejo

Multi ball yesterday on 17:08 - Jan 14 by Jeff_winger

Standard at all grounds now
New rule introduced at start of season.
10 match balls
[Post edited 14 Jan 17:09]

Yet there still a security guard seemingly tasked with taking into custody the ball in play at the final whistle.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Multi ball yesterday on 18:27 - Jan 14 with 1646 viewsbazza

Edmunson was telling the ball boy to slow down when he threw it back in play. Towards the end .
Multi ball yesterday on 18:32 - Jan 14 with 1605 views_clive_baker_

Multi ball yesterday on 18:27 - Jan 14 by bazza

Edmunson was telling the ball boy to slow down when he threw it back in play. Towards the end .

Richard Wright told me to do that a few times when I was a ball boy in the 90’s. If we were narrowly winning he’d look over and push his hands down to tell us to take our time. I took the p1ss at trudging over to get the ball sometimes.
Multi ball yesterday on 18:40 - Jan 14 with 1496 viewsEastTownBlue

Multi ball yesterday on 18:27 - Jan 14 by bazza

Not surprised as the ball was returned to Hladky rather too quickly at one goal kick. To be fair to the ball people, they are not trained too speed up or slow down dependent on the current score.
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:41]
Multi ball yesterday on 18:42 - Jan 14 with 1482 viewsSwansea_Blue

Multi ball yesterday on 17:10 - Jan 14 by norfsufblue

That’s been happening all the time this season. It’s a pain in the butt and actually slows things down. A stupid rule that should be binned imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Multi ball yesterday on 18:47 - Jan 14 with 1446 viewsstonojnr

Just a reminder to our players to keep switched on though, keep them boxed in, then the oppo can't take quick throw ins
Multi ball yesterday on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 1404 viewsbazza

Multi ball yesterday on 18:40 - Jan 14 by EastTownBlue

Not surprised as the ball was returned to Hladky rather too quickly at one goal kick. To be fair to the ball people, they are not trained too speed up or slow down dependent on the current score.
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:41]

My youngest would lob it Over his head and into the crowd if it was a throw in or corner to the other team, and we were in the last few minutes of the game, even if we were wining 6-0, he’s only 7.
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:54]
Multi ball yesterday on 22:21 - Jan 14 with 1175 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Multi ball yesterday on 18:42 - Jan 14 by Swansea_Blue

That’s been happening all the time this season. It’s a pain in the butt and actually slows things down. A stupid rule that should be binned imo.

So thongs are a pain in the butt...
Multi ball yesterday on 23:00 - Jan 14 with 1083 viewstractorshark

Maybe I’m in the minority but personally I want to see the ball in play as much as possible.
I pay good money to see an actual game of football and if it costs us a goal from time to time, so be it.
Can’t stand excessive time wasting both from us and the opposition.
I appreciate we want to manage the game and I don’t mind stretching the rules a little but but we moan like f*** when teams time waste at Portman Road so you can’t have it both ways.
It’s criminal how little the ball is in play, certainly last season, so the multi ball system gets my vote.
If your players are switched on, it’s not going to be an issue and it will benefit us as much as the opposition.
And without sounding harsh to some of the ball boys and girls, in previous seasons they have barely got up to retrieve the ball.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:01]
Multi ball yesterday on 13:05 - Jan 15 with 730 viewsRadlett_blue

Multi ball yesterday on 23:00 - Jan 14 by tractorshark

Maybe I’m in the minority but personally I want to see the ball in play as much as possible.
I pay good money to see an actual game of football and if it costs us a goal from time to time, so be it.
Can’t stand excessive time wasting both from us and the opposition.
I appreciate we want to manage the game and I don’t mind stretching the rules a little but but we moan like f*** when teams time waste at Portman Road so you can’t have it both ways.
It’s criminal how little the ball is in play, certainly last season, so the multi ball system gets my vote.
If your players are switched on, it’s not going to be an issue and it will benefit us as much as the opposition.
And without sounding harsh to some of the ball boys and girls, in previous seasons they have barely got up to retrieve the ball.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:01]

100%. The "game management" tactic has been in football a long time, but has become increasingly bad, largely becasue refs either won;t deal with it or only have the weapon of dishing out a near irrelevant yellow card. While some of us will like it if we are winning a game & I accept if we don't employ such tactics, it could hurt us over a season, if our fans like Town to do it, then please don't complain when other teams do it!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024