Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive 22:31 - Jan 20 with 2164 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

under McKenna….GO!

1. Owen Garvan

Poll: Is Billm….

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:34 - Jan 20 with 2117 viewsTresBonne

Andre Dozzell.

Jack Lankester - didn't 'underperform' as such, just I think McKenna would get more out of him.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:42 - Jan 20 with 2059 viewsreusersfreekicks

Billy Clarke
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:45 - Jan 20 with 2033 viewsMattinLondon

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:42 - Jan 20 by reusersfreekicks

Billy Clarke

It’s a tad harsh to say that he underperformed- he had an awful injury and was played on the left for a lot of his games.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:50 - Jan 20 with 2009 viewsChurchman

He didn’t underperform but I think Teddy Bishop would have thrived under McKenna, injuries permitting. Murphy would have done well in this team too.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:51 - Jan 20 with 1993 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:45 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

It’s a tad harsh to say that he underperformed- he had an awful injury and was played on the left for a lot of his games.

I know what he means. It’s not so much underperformed I suppose, but would have performed a lot better or even excelled under the current regime. Some of these guys were super talented, but were unlucky to play in some poor teams or under questionable management

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:54 - Jan 20 with 1962 viewsunstableblue

Garvan
Lankester
Bishop
Moore
Dozzell

Errrrr… just about any player who could work in one of the 4-2-3-1 system

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:56 - Jan 20 with 1943 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Maybe Liam Trotter

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:58 - Jan 20 with 1929 viewsKeno

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:56 - Jan 20 by John_Warks_Willy

Maybe Liam Trotter

Not that they underperformed but Cole Skuse and Luke Chambers

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:01 - Jan 20 with 1909 viewsjayessess

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:50 - Jan 20 by Churchman

He didn’t underperform but I think Teddy Bishop would have thrived under McKenna, injuries permitting. Murphy would have done well in this team too.

Most players improve under McKenna, but I'd say it's the athletes more than the technicians who we see the biggest improvement in, isn't it?

If I were naming players who've most benefited from McKenna, it'd be players like Cameron Burgess, Sam Morsy, Mass Luongo, Kayden Jackson, Wes Burns, Marcus Harness and George Hirst, who already had strength, stamina, speed and have added tactical awareness, technical ability, composure and decision-making to that.

I struggle to envisage a scenario where you could give post-injury Teddy Bishop sufficient stamina and running power for a McKenna team.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:08 - Jan 20 with 1854 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Flynn Downes and Andre Dozzell are too obvious ones, but you could argue had Bishop stayed he would have greatly benefited from having a decent manager again.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:10 - Jan 20 with 1849 viewsChurchman

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:01 - Jan 20 by jayessess

Most players improve under McKenna, but I'd say it's the athletes more than the technicians who we see the biggest improvement in, isn't it?

If I were naming players who've most benefited from McKenna, it'd be players like Cameron Burgess, Sam Morsy, Mass Luongo, Kayden Jackson, Wes Burns, Marcus Harness and George Hirst, who already had strength, stamina, speed and have added tactical awareness, technical ability, composure and decision-making to that.

I struggle to envisage a scenario where you could give post-injury Teddy Bishop sufficient stamina and running power for a McKenna team.

Fair point, but he seems to be able to focus on what players can do, not what they can’t. Bishop was a tremendous passer of the ball, mobile, heart and had good vision. I thought he was a smashing player pre-injury with a lot of potential. The key, post injury is fitness, as you point out.

Now Murphy didn’t underperform for us. But he tended to get to play in all sorts of positions, because of how the club was at the time. He certainly had strength, ability and stamina and I suspect McKenna might have made him an even better player
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:13 - Jan 20 with 1811 viewsyorkshireblue

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:01 - Jan 20 by jayessess

Nouble….
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:23 - Jan 20 with 1749 viewsMattinLondon

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:13 - Jan 20 by yorkshireblue

Nouble….

McKenna isn’t a magician- Nouble was appallingly bad.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:32 - Jan 20 with 1706 viewsITFCMonk

Matt Clarke
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 00:22 - Jan 21 with 1621 viewsCoastalblue

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 23:23 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

McKenna isn’t a magician- Nouble was appallingly bad.

He seems to know his limits too, certainly in terms of making silk purses. Kyle Edwards is ten times the player clack clack was, yes I know totally different type, but Mckenna seems to have decided he wasn't going to get the improvement that would be required.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 04:22 - Jan 21 with 1421 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Larsen Toure
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 05:18 - Jan 21 with 1376 viewstextbackup

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:58 - Jan 20 by Keno

Not that they underperformed but Cole Skuse and Luke Chambers

You think Chambers could play the sort of football KMc wants from his CBs, or if he played at RB?!

Skuse I agree on… but Chambers, na

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 06:36 - Jan 21 with 1309 viewsfranz_tyson

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 22:54 - Jan 20 by unstableblue

Garvan
Lankester
Bishop
Moore
Dozzell

Errrrr… just about any player who could work in one of the 4-2-3-1 system

Which rules out all of the players ( maybe except Moore ) because I can't see them in a McKenna 4-2-3-1. Garvan and Dozzell aren't combative or energetic enough to be deeper CM's. Same with Bishop who isn't good enough ( tackling, engine, strength) as an 8 or as a 10 with not enough goals/assists. Lankester just isn't good or strong enough. He's lower league.
Moore doesn't seem mobile enough to be a McKenna 9. I do wonder if he's seen as an option of the bench, rather than a starter.
McKenna can't make his magic work on any player. The players have to be capable and have to fit and put in the effort. Which mostly rules out your list.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 07:21 - Jan 21 with 1236 viewsurbanblue

Ellis Harrison. McKenna would have had him terrorising defenders ...
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 07:32 - Jan 21 with 1157 viewsSE1blue

JET.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 09:29 - Jan 21 with 964 viewsBasuco

Again, didn't underperform, Luke Hyham.
Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 09:40 - Jan 21 with 920 viewsFrimleyBlue

Keifer moore

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 11:07 - Jan 21 with 780 viewsKeno

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 07:21 - Jan 21 by urbanblue

Ellis Harrison. McKenna would have had him terrorising defenders ...

eh

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Players who ‘underperformed’ in recent teams, who would thrive on 11:13 - Jan 21 with 753 viewsTangledupin_Blue

What a pair Garner and Waghorn would've been!

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024