Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maidstone 10:25 - Jan 23 with 2765 viewsWickets

Very interested to see what team we put out ?
Maidstone on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 2411 views_clive_baker_

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

I think we'll go pretty strong. Good opportunity to rest Clarke and Davis I think, but otherwise I wouldn't try to be too cute about it.

I'd like to see Jeremy and Omari get a start which would be good for both of them, with Chappers, Burns and Broadhead coming off the bench. Ease Morsy back in, and Taylor needs 90.
Maidstone on 10:38 - Jan 23 with 2353 viewsWickets

Maidstone on 10:32 - Jan 23 by _clive_baker_

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

I think we'll go pretty strong. Good opportunity to rest Clarke and Davis I think, but otherwise I wouldn't try to be too cute about it.

I'd like to see Jeremy and Omari get a start which would be good for both of them, with Chappers, Burns and Broadhead coming off the bench. Ease Morsy back in, and Taylor needs 90.

That will do for me but I did wonder if Jackson might be out wide right with one of the others Harness? Getting a run at centre forward.although we have a few who can play wide of course
Maidstone on 10:39 - Jan 23 with 2349 viewspointofblue

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

Wonder if Broadhead might start ahead of Jackson? Would also think Woolfenden will be given a break; Tuanzebe in for him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Maidstone on 10:42 - Jan 23 with 2317 views_clive_baker_

Maidstone on 10:39 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

Wonder if Broadhead might start ahead of Jackson? Would also think Woolfenden will be given a break; Tuanzebe in for him.

Shout. Or Tuanzebe at RB instead of Ball, that's probably more likely actually.
Maidstone on 10:45 - Jan 23 with 2290 viewsDaninthecampo

Morsy needs some minutes and it would be perfect to try him alongside Travis as this could be a key partnership for the rest of the season.
Would like to see Omari and Sarmiento start too
Maidstone on 10:45 - Jan 23 with 2293 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I think we will go strong. It's a good opportunity to get minutes in the legs for Sarmiento and Hutchinson. Also a good chance that Morsy and Travis get a game together with possibly Taylor advanced of them.

Walton
Ball Tuanzebe Edmundson Humphreys
Travis Morsy
Hutchinson Taylor Sarmiento
Jackson

Would be my preference.
[Post edited 23 Jan 10:46]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Maidstone on 10:52 - Jan 23 with 2195 viewsSaleAway

Maidstone on 10:45 - Jan 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I think we will go strong. It's a good opportunity to get minutes in the legs for Sarmiento and Hutchinson. Also a good chance that Morsy and Travis get a game together with possibly Taylor advanced of them.

Walton
Travis Morsy
Jackson

Would be my preference.

I reckon jackson will be rested... unless we've got someone else in.... We have no striker backup, so imagine if he tweaks a hammy against maidstone.... We've got to work out how to play without him so this is an ideal opportunity to try someone like Broadhead or Sarmiento up top...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Maidstone on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 2138 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Maidstone on 10:52 - Jan 23 by SaleAway

I reckon jackson will be rested... unless we've got someone else in.... We have no striker backup, so imagine if he tweaks a hammy against maidstone.... We've got to work out how to play without him so this is an ideal opportunity to try someone like Broadhead or Sarmiento up top...

Who would play up top against Maidstone if Jackson was rested? I think Broadhead can play the role, looked good there last night. If I was to try anyone it would be Harness now.

I'm hoping we'll have our new striker for the Preston game.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Login to get fewer ads

Maidstone on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 2132 views_clive_baker_

Maidstone on 10:52 - Jan 23 by SaleAway

There's an argument to wrap Jackson in cotton wool given our shortage of alternatives, but you would hope that won't still be the case by the time Preston rolls around. I'd be tempted to keep Jackson up there and hope he scores a goal or 2 for his confidence.
Maidstone on 10:58 - Jan 23 with 2131 viewsMattinLondon

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

I’d quite like to see Humphreys to start in the middle alongside Taylor with Morsey coming on for the last thirty mins.
Maidstone on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 2097 viewsElderGrizzly

Winning (or not losing!) is a good habit to get into, so I imagine we'll go strong and keep that decent momentum we have

Last thing we need is being embarrassed at home by the lowest team left in the competition. And on national TV too.
Maidstone on 11:06 - Jan 23 with 2060 viewsTractorCam

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

I can't imagine Jackson will start if we haven't signed a striker by that point. Possibly Buabo.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Maidstone on 11:07 - Jan 23 with 2049 viewsSitfcB

Maidstone on 10:58 - Jan 23 by MattinLondon

I’d quite like to see Humphreys to start in the middle alongside Taylor with Morsey coming on for the last thirty mins.

Morsy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Maidstone on 11:11 - Jan 23 with 2004 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Maidstone on 11:07 - Jan 23 by SitfcB

Morsy.

Perhaps he meant Horsey ...................... Crazee or Bluey given squad numbers and one of them brought on as a striker maybe ?

Maidstone on 11:21 - Jan 23 with 1916 viewsSWGF

Maidstone on 10:45 - Jan 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Walton
Travis Morsy
Jackson

Would be my preference.

Don't think you'll be far wrong. The three attacking subs from yesterday will start, I'd have thought. Reckon NB will be up front rather than putting more minutes into Jackson, unless a plethora of forwards sign before the weekend. Morsy can shift some rust by kicking some non-league players.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Maidstone on 11:21 - Jan 23 with 1917 viewsmonty_radio

I'm inclined to think McKenna will not go as strong as is being suggested unless the last 30 minutes are demanding it. Buabo, if fit, might start. Aluko would probably be a starter too.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Maidstone on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 1830 viewsketton_itfc

i think it'll be fairly strong and it's likely to be one of those games where we're facing low block camped in their half. Nimble feet and good movement around their box . Time for Omari and Jezza.
Maidstone on 11:34 - Jan 23 with 1792 viewsdavblue

Maidstone on 11:21 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

I'm inclined to think McKenna will not go as strong as is being suggested unless the last 30 minutes are demanding it. Buabo, if fit, might start. Aluko would probably be a starter too.

Tuenzebe, Humphreys, Morsy, Taylor, Sarimento, Harness, Walton i would imagine will start, so reasonably strong.
Maidstone on 11:43 - Jan 23 with 1740 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Maidstone on 11:21 - Jan 23 by SWGF

Don't think you'll be far wrong. The three attacking subs from yesterday will start, I'd have thought. Reckon NB will be up front rather than putting more minutes into Jackson, unless a plethora of forwards sign before the weekend. Morsy can shift some rust by kicking some non-league players.

I'd be tempted to give Broadhead the day off - keep him as refreshed as possible. Whilst he has been off the boil recently, he's still our most dangerous player on the ball.

Saturday is a good chance to keep him fresh ahead of February and March - which include long bus journeys to Preston, Swansea, Plymouth and Cardiff.

Not to forget that Millwall (A), Swansea (A), Rotherham (H) and Birmingham (H) are all in an 11 day window, which will demand a lot physically - he probably could be the difference maker in those games.
[Post edited 23 Jan 11:45]

Maidstone on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 1705 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Walton
Humphreys
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ball
Morsy
Taylor
Sarmiento
Aluko
Hutchinson
Jackson

See no reason why Walton, Tuanzebe, Ball, Humphreys and Aluko shouldn't all be given a run out. All squad members are vital and need "minutes" to keep them ready when needed.
Maidstone on 11:53 - Jan 23 with 1626 views_clive_baker_

Maidstone on 11:21 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

If it were my decision I wouldn't be going as strong either tbh, but I think KM will see it as an opportunity to get 'minutes in legs'.

Frankly, not to underestimate them, but the step up from NLS to away to 2nd placed Championship side is enormous, not least in terms of fitness. I can't see any result other than an Ipswich win, especially given how we play. We'll retain a huge amount of possession, and move them around at will which will take its toll. I don't imagine they'll back themselves to play through our press either, so turning the ball over wont, I imagine, be too difficult.

We need to respect them, but the fact is we will have too much for them whoever we select. So I think it's more about what's right for us and our preparation for Feb and beyond, than what's right for this game. Whether that be getting Morsy back out there, giving Jackson more minutes through the middle etc, or resting them entirely. I think there's merit in both, but if Davis twists a knee playing against Maidstone we would kick ourselves wouldn't we. Personally I would say Davis, Chaplin and Clarke are 3 that we can't afford to lose right now, for different reasons, so I'd leave them out.
Maidstone on 11:54 - Jan 23 with 1620 viewsSteve_M

Maidstone on 11:43 - Jan 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I'd be tempted to give Broadhead the day off - keep him as refreshed as possible. Whilst he has been off the boil recently, he's still our most dangerous player on the ball.

Saturday is a good chance to keep him fresh ahead of February and March - which include long bus journeys to Preston, Swansea, Plymouth and Cardiff.

Not to forget that Millwall (A), Swansea (A), Rotherham (H) and Birmingham (H) are all in an 11 day window, which will demand a lot physically - he probably could be the difference maker in those games.
[Post edited 23 Jan 11:45]

Alternately, a goal might help his confidence as he's trying a little bit too hard at the moment.

It would be a good game to have wrapped up by half-time anyway given what's coming up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Maidstone on 12:03 - Jan 23 with 1557 viewsrickw

Maidstone on 11:54 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

Alternately, a goal might help his confidence as he's trying a little bit too hard at the moment.

It would be a good game to have wrapped up by half-time anyway given what's coming up.

I agree, he was the best player against Wimbledon, perhaps he excels against weaker opposition so this could be the perfect game for him to get his confidence up - perhaps was also McKenna's plan with Harness starting ahead of him last night

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Maidstone on 12:40 - Jan 23 with 1379 viewsgtsb1966

I think they're struggling for players if this is anything to go by.
https://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/9961/team-ipswich?page=1
Maidstone on 12:57 - Jan 23 with 1287 viewsstrikalite

It'll be as close to the side we put out against Wimbledon probably..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024