Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager 12:12 - Jan 24 with 2965 viewsTractorCam

Interesting he's been given another shot there following his career since he left.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 2248 viewsITFCBlues

Following his promotion with Grimsby you mean?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 2250 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of ex Pauls: Cook just got 17th straight home win for Chesterfield. Lambert still counting his money from his five year contract. Jewell… never hear much about him. Is he retired?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:20 - Jan 24 with 2209 viewshype313

Wonder if he'll get the band back together.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:22 - Jan 24 with 2183 viewsWoolfenthen

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:20 - Jan 24 by hype313

Toto without a club
Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:23 - Jan 24 with 2175 viewschicoazul

DO NOT MENTION THAT MAN’S NAME

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:23 - Jan 24 with 2181 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:17 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Talking of ex Pauls: Cook just got 17th straight home win for Chesterfield. Lambert still counting his money from his five year contract. Jewell… never hear much about him. Is he retired?

Paul Jewell turned up at West Brom for about 5 days as assistant to Tony Pulis but then left due to contractual issues, same at Oldham, left after a month, then to Swindon as DoF, left after 6 months.

Marcus Evans' Ipswich, where managers careers go to die.
[Post edited 24 Jan 12:25]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:24 - Jan 24 with 2164 viewsITFC_Forever

Don’t their fans hate him now?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:25 - Jan 24 with 2133 viewsITFC_Forever

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:20 - Jan 24 by hype313

Deputy Doig back as well.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:26 - Jan 24 with 2122 viewsDarkBrandon

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:23 - Jan 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Paul Jewell turned up at West Brom for about 5 days as assistant to Tony Pulis but then left due to contractual issues, same at Oldham, left after a month, then to Swindon as DoF, left after 6 months.

Nearly the full set. Obviously Keane never managed again. Magilton managed 6 months at QPR before working with the Irish FA and clubs over there.
Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:28 - Jan 24 with 2098 viewsmutters

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:17 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Good to see, wish him success. He did a lot of the heavy lifting here, completely wiping out the deadwood and bringing in a lot of players who are still important today. For example, Morsy came because of him and for that, I will always be grateful.

Sadly his time coincided with new owners who had different ideas of what a long-term manager should look like. Think we can all agree that they were right on that front

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:39 - Jan 24 with 1968 viewsitfcsuth

I think he'll probably do ok there - I think that underdog mindset suits his style and approach better.

How long until he gets the band back together - Nsiala & Nolan arrive in the next week.
Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 1958 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:28 - Jan 24 by mutters

Good to see, wish him success. He did a lot of the heavy lifting here, completely wiping out the deadwood and bringing in a lot of players who are still important today. For example, Morsy came because of him and for that, I will always be grateful.

Sadly his time coincided with new owners who had different ideas of what a long-term manager should look like. Think we can all agree that they were right on that front

Paul Hurst also cleared out a load of 'dead wood'. Look where that got us.

Cookie? Sure he signed a load of players, but he couldn't do something in five month which took McKenna roughly a week, which was actually get hem playing like a team to a recognisable pattern of play.

He seems like a nice enough bloke(if you ignore the fact that he was in the process of chucking his NEW team under the bus by the time of his departure rather than actually working on his coaching or tactics) but you're grossly overestimating his influence. Doubly so when you factor in that he signed a LOT of duds as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1913 viewslizzibee

My ex is an ardent fan - he's known as the snake so fair to say pretty unpopular with their fans.
Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:45 - Jan 24 with 1898 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:28 - Jan 24 by mutters

Cook’s signings helped pave the way for what was to come so he certainly deserves some respect for that. Sad though his firing was for him, it was genuinely exciting that the owners acted so quickly. A clear and refreshing sign they weren’t here to fk around and actually meant business.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 1874 viewsTractorCam

Didn't Jewell do something at Bradford too, like director or something?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 1873 viewsKeno

Who??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 1870 viewsTractorCam

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:44 - Jan 24 by lizzibee

My ex is an ardent fan - he's known as the snake so fair to say pretty unpopular with their fans.

The fans on twitter have welcomed him back with open arms.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:50 - Jan 24 with 1839 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:45 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Cook’s signings helped pave the way for what was to come so he certainly deserves some respect for that. Sad though his firing was for him, it was genuinely exciting that the owners acted so quickly. A clear and refreshing sign they weren’t here to fk around and actually meant business.

Quite. You can't be excited that the owners are 'ambitious' if they're willing to accept mid table mediocrity, feeble excuses, a sh1t-ton of duds(Piggot, Harper, Fraser, Coulson, Penney, Page, Yengi, Carroll) being signed on big money and a coaching set up which consisted of 'scouse fellas the manager drinks with'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:01 - Jan 24 with 1779 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane is still very famous and very good at being on the the telly.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 1740 viewsmutters

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 12:50 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Quite. You can't be excited that the owners are 'ambitious' if they're willing to accept mid table mediocrity, feeble excuses, a sh1t-ton of duds(Piggot, Harper, Fraser, Coulson, Penney, Page, Yengi, Carroll) being signed on big money and a coaching set up which consisted of 'scouse fellas the manager drinks with'.

I am not disagreeing about whether we should have kept him, just have to appreciate that he brought in a lot of players to the club who are relevant today. From memory, he signed the following all who have played a key part in our recent success:

Walton
Edmundson
Morsy
Chaplin
Burgess
Burns
Hladky
JD

Along with the duds you mention. Not every signing works out, KM has bought a few in that hasn't made it yet. It's just the nature of football.

I wouldn't swap him for KM, doesn't mean i don't wish him the best and appreciate that he laid some of the foundations for our current team.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:07 - Jan 24 by mutters

I am not disagreeing about whether we should have kept him, just have to appreciate that he brought in a lot of players to the club who are relevant today. From memory, he signed the following all who have played a key part in our recent success:

Walton
Edmundson
Morsy
Chaplin
Burgess
Burns
Hladky
JD

Along with the duds you mention. Not every signing works out, KM has bought a few in that hasn't made it yet. It's just the nature of football.

I wouldn't swap him for KM, doesn't mean i don't wish him the best and appreciate that he laid some of the foundations for our current team.

JD was signed by Hurst mate.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1712 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:07 - Jan 24 by mutters

Walton
Edmundson
Morsy
Chaplin
Burgess
Burns
Hladky
JD

Paul Jewell signed a lot of Mick McCarthy's best performers. I wouldn't have said he played a key role in Mick's early successes.

Or, if you're reading this Mach, he didn't' cause us to get relegated either, just because he signed Chambo.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 1637 viewsmutters

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:10 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

JD was signed by Hurst mate.

Aha my mistake you are correct. Still not a bad set of players that Cook bought in.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:33 - Jan 24 with 1617 viewsmutters

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:11 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Paul Jewell signed a lot of Mick McCarthy's best performers. I wouldn't have said he played a key role in Mick's early successes.

Or, if you're reading this Mach, he didn't' cause us to get relegated either, just because he signed Chambo.

KM obviously improved the team massively, he knows how to get a tune out of these players which Cook failed to do, which ultimately led to his dismissal.

I do think that GC always had a plan to replace Cook but gave him the time and space to see if he could turn it around. He didn't, KM came in and now the good times are back at PR.

Wouldnt change it, but again I am happy that Cook signed the players that he did. Morsy especially who said that he only moved down a division because of PC.

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 1553 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Hurst renamed Shrewsbury manager on 13:11 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Can you update us about 'Piggot' ? You have mentioned that name above. Have we ever had a player with a surname like that?

Plus we eventually got relegated without a fight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024