Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) 15:14 - Jan 25 with 8270 viewsMaySixth

he is well down our list of targets

wimbledon want £1m plus and expect him to stay until the summer

[Post edited 25 Jan 15:20]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:25 - Jan 26 with 1125 viewsOldFart71

All it proves is a huge amount of fairly average players go for stupid money. I know it's this mad statement "The going rate" but the more teams resist paying over the odds the better it will be for everyone. Pay to view football has it's place but I question the situation where having several outlets, Sky, BT, Amazon etc is competition. All matches shown used to be Sky and you paid x amount, now if you are a follower of a certain club if you wish to see all their televised games you may have to fork out for three different channels. It also creates bidding wars for licence to show which in turn means that the cost to watch continually increases. The clubs get more money, but the cost of buying players and paying them rises also. As far as supporters travelling quite often it's stupid o-clock to get to a match or the reverse and a long journey followed by a late match and even later return journey just to satisfy tv channels. Town should be wary of paying over the odds and getting someone in just because fans are wetting their pants because we haven't made the signing they desire. If we are to be a Premier League club we need an upgrade on a few players and it's no good just getting someone in as a stop gap, they have to fit into our need to build a team capable of remaining long term in the Prem.
Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:34 - Jan 26 with 1071 viewsHerbivore

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:25 - Jan 26 by OldFart71

All it proves is a huge amount of fairly average players go for stupid money. I know it's this mad statement "The going rate" but the more teams resist paying over the odds the better it will be for everyone. Pay to view football has it's place but I question the situation where having several outlets, Sky, BT, Amazon etc is competition. All matches shown used to be Sky and you paid x amount, now if you are a follower of a certain club if you wish to see all their televised games you may have to fork out for three different channels. It also creates bidding wars for licence to show which in turn means that the cost to watch continually increases. The clubs get more money, but the cost of buying players and paying them rises also. As far as supporters travelling quite often it's stupid o-clock to get to a match or the reverse and a long journey followed by a late match and even later return journey just to satisfy tv channels. Town should be wary of paying over the odds and getting someone in just because fans are wetting their pants because we haven't made the signing they desire. If we are to be a Premier League club we need an upgrade on a few players and it's no good just getting someone in as a stop gap, they have to fit into our need to build a team capable of remaining long term in the Prem.

We aren't going to be able to sign Prem ready players in the Championship. We don't have the FFP headroom to spend that kind of money. We don't yet know that Al-Hamadi is bang average or that what Wimbledon are asking for is an inflated fee. He seems to be highly rated and not just by the Wombles. He's a player that potentially has a high ceiling and could improve a lot under our coaching, we're going to have to take the odd punt to try and unearth a few gems because that's our market until we get a taste of Prem money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:42 - Jan 26 with 1028 viewspointofblue

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:15 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Limits us to only targeting Leicester strikers, sadly. When is Daka back from AFCON?

Leicester strikers? Vardy’s too old, Cannon isn’t worth the fee…

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 1007 viewsHerbivore

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 10:42 - Jan 26 by pointofblue

Leicester strikers? Vardy’s too old, Cannon isn’t worth the fee…

Might just be Iheanacho then, but can he press like Hirst?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 11:53 - Jan 26 with 917 viewstheinbetweener

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 15:19 - Jan 25 by vilanovablue

Gets into an international team ranked 21st in the world.

Since when were Iraq ranked 21st in the world?
Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 11:58 - Jan 26 with 889 viewsmutters

No you are probably right, i suspect he is Premier League class in time.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 14:13 - Jan 26 with 778 viewsN2_Blue

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 15:15 - Jan 25 by hype313

Insightful.

that's actually one of MaySixth's longer posts.

Nothing to see here, waste of a time of a poster if you want insight.

I've seen this guy play live a few timers and thought wow wimbledon have found a player here, far too good for L2. Whether or not Champ or higher is a level he can achieve no one knows, but at 21 why not give him a chance.

The poster comparing him to Norwood really doesn't understand football. Does he realise Ian wright / Jamie Vardy etc were playing non-league football at the same age?? DId that mean they weren't good enough? Norwood was at his peak and about to decline when we signed him. Completely at odds with this guy.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 16:35 - Jan 27 with 617 viewsITFCSG

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 14:13 - Jan 26 by N2_Blue

that's actually one of MaySixth's longer posts.

Nothing to see here, waste of a time of a poster if you want insight.

I've seen this guy play live a few timers and thought wow wimbledon have found a player here, far too good for L2. Whether or not Champ or higher is a level he can achieve no one knows, but at 21 why not give him a chance.

The poster comparing him to Norwood really doesn't understand football. Does he realise Ian wright / Jamie Vardy etc were playing non-league football at the same age?? DId that mean they weren't good enough? Norwood was at his peak and about to decline when we signed him. Completely at odds with this guy.

Vardy needed close to two full seasons in the Champ with Leicester before he acclimatised and began to bang in the goals. In his first Champ season he only scored FOUR goals in 26 games. He only became really effective after another 2 seasons in the Prem. If we want to keep our 2nd place we cannot afford to wait 2 seasons. We need an experienced 'plug-and-play' striker NOW
Login to get fewer ads

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 581 viewspointofblue

It's alright. Al-Hamadi would have taken one look at today and gone, "Nah, not for me".

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 546 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 16:52 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

It's alright. Al-Hamadi would have taken one look at today and gone, "Nah, not for me".

.......... or seen today as an opportunity to sign, make a difference and become a legend at the club.
Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 491 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If a player decides not to sign for us on the basis of one freak game (while ignoring the rest of the last 2 years) then he's not for me either.

Same goes for some of our special fans.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 17:58 - Jan 27 with 478 viewsTheBoyBlue

Any self-respecting striker would watch us and lick their lips at the number of goals they could get. Which makes it all the more surprising that we're struggling to get any to come here.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 17:58 - Jan 27 with 477 viewspointofblue

Al-Hamadi is not Championship class (n/t) on 17:58 - Jan 27 by TheBoyBlue

Any self-respecting striker would watch us and lick their lips at the number of goals they could get. Which makes it all the more surprising that we're struggling to get any to come here.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's an issue of the players not wanting to come here. It's clubs not wanting to sell and/or pricing them out of our range.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024