Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. 21:24 - Jan 27 with 14571 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pre-meditated as far as I can see, and if so I hope he's prosecuted.
Town fans below could have been seriously injured.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:20 - Jan 28 with 2587 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:13 - Jan 28 by WicklowBlue

Fly tape would sort it.

Perhaps this sort of thing?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 2515 viewstractor_lady

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 16:40 - Jan 28 by ElderGrizzly

She’s found a neck brace now for Look East

After Delia’s ‘missile attack’ and now this, we really are the club of danger 😂

Can we ban her for life ???? No town fan would sell their souls to the press, this woman saw pound signs!!! Absolute disgrace! Made me laugh how she made their fans sound like a bunch of terrorists! I have it on authority from a friend policing the game they were charming away fans and not a bit of trouble aside rolling knob!
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:57 - Jan 28 with 2494 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:41 - Jan 28 by tractor_lady

Can we ban her for life ???? No town fan would sell their souls to the press, this woman saw pound signs!!! Absolute disgrace! Made me laugh how she made their fans sound like a bunch of terrorists! I have it on authority from a friend policing the game they were charming away fans and not a bit of trouble aside rolling knob!

She should be easy to spot. I suspect she'll be walking with a stick and wearing a neck brace from Amazon for the next six years.

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 20:18 - Jan 28 with 2436 viewstractor_lady

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:57 - Jan 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

She should be easy to spot. I suspect she'll be walking with a stick and wearing a neck brace from Amazon for the next six years.

Yeah one of those lovely soft ones you wear on planes 🤦🏼‍♀️ although I suspect she only comes when it’s a tenna!
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 20:31 - Jan 28 with 2399 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Let those who have had a man land on their head cast the first stone!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 2333 viewsElderGrizzly

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 07:30 - Jan 28 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Unfortunately nanny state H&S rules is likely to mean two options for the club IMO.

Don't sell tickets in the first 2/3 rows, or extend the perspex barrier all along the Cobbold Stand.

The former will be quite costly for the club in lost revenue. The latter will mean yet more RV seats.

They hadn’t sold tickets for the front row yesterday.

Front row was police and stewards.

An obvious answer would be to just sit down in an upper tier of a stand, but hey…

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 21:28 - Jan 28 with 2290 viewsVic

Very fortunate not to seriously injure himself. Could easily have broken his back I’d he landed across a seat. Nutter.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 21:29 - Jan 28 with 2281 viewsGeoffSentence

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 21:28 - Jan 28 by Vic

Very fortunate not to seriously injure himself. Could easily have broken his back I’d he landed across a seat. Nutter.

Lucky he landed on a woman really.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. (n/t) on 21:30 - Jan 28 with 2266 viewsSE1blue

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 20:18 - Jan 28 by tractor_lady

Yeah one of those lovely soft ones you wear on planes 🤦🏼‍♀️ although I suspect she only comes when it’s a tenna!

[Post edited 28 Jan 21:51]

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 23:14 - Jan 28 with 2143 viewsLRB84UK

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 19:41 - Jan 28 by tractor_lady

Perhaps she should be reminded what happen in the churchmans over Christmas and think herself lucky
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 23:19 - Jan 28 with 2126 viewstextbackup

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 21:28 - Jan 28 by Vic

Shame he missed the massive fall onto the concrete steps leading to beneath the cobbold lower

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 00:25 - Jan 29 with 2071 viewstractor_lady

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 23:14 - Jan 28 by LRB84UK

Perhaps she should be reminded what happen in the churchmans over Christmas and think herself lucky

Now that was a genuine town fan through and through god rest her soul…
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 00:48 - Jan 29 with 2049 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sugarmumma wants no win no fee compo

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 01:45 - Jan 29 with 2008 views92_Laces

Aaron wants assurances now Mark 😂

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 06:54 - Jan 29 with 1934 viewscarlisleaway

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 00:25 - Jan 29 by tractor_lady

Now that was a genuine town fan through and through god rest her soul…

Sorry about the poor lady, but this was the first incident since the stand was built. Hope health and safety do not get involved and put a ridiculous bar to stop idiots falling off the stand.This has never happened when we have proper away fans attending games
Next thing is we will have barriers in the family section
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 07:44 - Jan 29 with 1887 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 06:54 - Jan 29 by carlisleaway

Sorry about the poor lady, but this was the first incident since the stand was built. Hope health and safety do not get involved and put a ridiculous bar to stop idiots falling off the stand.This has never happened when we have proper away fans attending games
Next thing is we will have barriers in the family section

1. He never 'fell' off, he threw himself off
2. Surely the place for a barrier is at the lip of the roof, not a perspex one in front of the fans, the issue isn't fans being on the roof, its them dropping on fans heads.
3. On the bright side, this might accelerate the re-development of the Cobbold.

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 08:10 - Jan 29 with 1834 viewsblueoxford

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 22:49 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

The owners are putting profit before safety apparently…it was like a war zone apparently… what a load of sh!te.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25548891/falling-maidstone-fan-ipswich-fc/?fbclid

Drunk idiot. Mind you, 10ft to the right and he would have fallen down the stairs into the underpass with much worse injuries
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 07:54 - Jan 30 with 1592 viewsBuhrer

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 16:40 - Jan 28 by ElderGrizzly

She’s found a neck brace now for Look East

After Delia’s ‘missile attack’ and now this, we really are the club of danger 😂

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:02 - Jan 30 with 1525 viewsbluejacko

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 16:48 - Jan 28 by ElderGrizzly

They should have stopped the game, put the air ambulance on the pitch and stretchered her away.

Even better she might have got a ride on the mighty tractor😂
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 1465 viewsdirtyboy

Accidents happen, we learn from them, not go crying to the local rag. The result now is probably increased stewarding and barriers to now deal with stupid (hint, you can't deal with stupid)

Increased costs to club, worse viewing....who'll suffer? Club and fans.

Eurgh.

Just politely write to club, say, look, just take a look will you, not portray the club in a bad light.

They're not blue.
This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:47 - Jan 30 with 1435 viewsArnieM

Suspect the Club will have to put up a clear screen in front of the upper tier seating along the edge of where the Boxes roof slopes away from the wall …. It’s a H&S issue. Unfortunately the actions of some individuals is not a get out clause to adequate prevention. The club has a duty of care in law for its customers whilst they are on their property.

One shudders to think what the outcome could have been if the falling fan had actually broken the neck of the fan sat in the seats below where he fell from. The Club would / is responsible ( as well as the fan who fell)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 10:58 - Jan 30 with 1347 viewsNeedhamChris

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:47 - Jan 30 by ArnieM

Suspect the Club will have to put up a clear screen in front of the upper tier seating along the edge of where the Boxes roof slopes away from the wall …. It’s a H&S issue. Unfortunately the actions of some individuals is not a get out clause to adequate prevention. The club has a duty of care in law for its customers whilst they are on their property.

One shudders to think what the outcome could have been if the falling fan had actually broken the neck of the fan sat in the seats below where he fell from. The Club would / is responsible ( as well as the fan who fell)

Yeah - in today's world I think this is the likely outcome.

Putting emotion aside - it's an odd layout and I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more of this. If we were playing Reading this year they'd all be protesting on the roof of the stand!

It's not popular (and I'm not digging at the club) - but ultimately in the eyes of the rules/regulations I'd be surprised if they thought there was sufficient safety/preventative measures in place here.

Tis the world we live in!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 11:09 - Jan 30 with 1329 viewspointofblue

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:47 - Jan 30 by ArnieM

Nowadays personal responsibility doesn’t exist. Prat throws himself down the executive boxes. It’s not his fault, it’s the club’s.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 11:54 - Jan 30 with 1274 viewsArnieM

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 10:58 - Jan 30 by NeedhamChris

Yeah - in today's world I think this is the likely outcome.

Putting emotion aside - it's an odd layout and I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more of this. If we were playing Reading this year they'd all be protesting on the roof of the stand!

It's not popular (and I'm not digging at the club) - but ultimately in the eyes of the rules/regulations I'd be surprised if they thought there was sufficient safety/preventative measures in place here.

Tis the world we live in!

Yes I agree with you , the world is a far different place these days, and it isn’t good unfortunately. Thinking back over the years though , there have been other incidents of away fans getting onto that sloping roof. QPR fans actually got into the pitch and ran towards Town fans in other parts of the ground . We’ve had Pompey fans dancing on the roof. Someone had posted a picture of netting at another ground (used I presume to stop missiles landing on fans below)… I know Forest have this in place above the away section.

Tbh I suspect this potential problem will be factored in to the new cantilever stand being planned for the Cobbold. Unfortunately you have to cater for the idiot element amongst the other 99.9% responsible fans.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 12:53 - Jan 30 with 1202 viewsReusersTown

This fan that dropped off the Cobbold roof. on 09:36 - Jan 30 by dirtyboy

Accidents happen, we learn from them, not go crying to the local rag. The result now is probably increased stewarding and barriers to now deal with stupid (hint, you can't deal with stupid)

Increased costs to club, worse viewing....who'll suffer? Club and fans.

Eurgh.

Just politely write to club, say, look, just take a look will you, not portray the club in a bad light.

They're not blue.

It wasn't an accident.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024