Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallagher 00:29 - Jan 29 with 5667 viewsPimsNumber1

According to the Sun we are offering nearly 2m and a 3 year contract to yhis old crock.
We must be desperate and I know we are but this is madness .Try the Iraq striker but this bloke is crazy money and if we go up we are stuck with him for 2.5 years
Gallagher on 00:48 - Jan 29 with 4161 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You read the S*n?

Explains the hot take.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Gallagher on 01:28 - Jan 29 with 4103 viewsArchiRob

Duh - Think we are fast becoming past desperate!

It difficult with players you never how things will turn out and how they will fit- Who is glad we didn't get Simms now?

I am more optimistic about getting our Iranian Womble - Like what I am seeing about him and potentially becoming a crowd favorite.
Gallagher on 01:38 - Jan 29 with 4082 viewsbournemouthblue

Gallagher on 01:28 - Jan 29 by ArchiRob

It difficult with players you never how things will turn out and how they will fit- Who is glad we didn't get Simms now?

I am more optimistic about getting our Iranian Womble - Like what I am seeing about him and potentially becoming a crowd favorite.

Al-Hamadi has elements of Sinclair Armstrong about him and is still on 21 himself, presumably gets decent coaching and grounding with some international football too so it's an interesting one

I'm not sure I would be happy with him only but he definitely looks an exciting prospect to learn alongside a more experienced team mate?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Gallagher on 01:55 - Jan 29 with 4042 viewsIllinoisblue

2m is relatively peanuts. We were paying 2.5m for Stewart TWENTY THREE YEARS AGO.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gallagher on 02:39 - Jan 29 with 3976 viewsArchiRob

Gallagher on 01:38 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

Al-Hamadi has elements of Sinclair Armstrong about him and is still on 21 himself, presumably gets decent coaching and grounding with some international football too so it's an interesting one

I'm not sure I would be happy with him only but he definitely looks an exciting prospect to learn alongside a more experienced team mate?

Only seen a limited sample of clips but his pressing and ball winning excites me, he also looks intelligent and cool headed with his choice of passing and shots. Some players stand out as too good and I would love to see him live.

The Womble fans absolutely love him from the comments I have read but most seem to believe he is too good for the league - big step up but some achieve it and I really feel optimistic about this one.
Gallagher on 03:57 - Jan 29 with 3846 viewsHighgateBlue

Indeed, and our desperation will increase the price substantially. The obviousness of our desperation has been signposted by getting rid of Ladapo, which surely was not the right call at the time, without a replacement lined up. I'm very sanguine about losing Ladapo once someone is through the door, but this way round just creates a ransom position for selling clubs.

You are right re Simms. Whilst Kieran can get a tune out of less than obvious players, as long as they fit his system correctly (and he is clearly the best judge of that point), Simms has been an expensive flop at Coventry given what they would reasonably have been expecting. Hirst has been more effective and was a fraction of the cost.

So let's cross our fingers we can unearth another bargain. The Womble is a fascinating target. He's Iraqi rather than Iranian, mind, just as a minor point of order.

I'm less excited by Gallagher personally, but (a) in Kieran we trust, and (b) we're desperate in that department!
Gallagher on 04:23 - Jan 29 with 3800 viewsZapers

What do you really know about football, and Gallagher?

Posts like this are frankly immature and stupid.

I, like any sensible supporter of ITFC trust McKenna and his management team.

If it didn't pee me off so much, I would and should ignore a post like yours.
Gallagher on 05:36 - Jan 29 with 3703 viewsMK1

Sam Gallagher for £2M ? Yes please. Same type as Hirst, but with bag loads of experience. Hirst will learn a hell of a lot off of him if nothing else. Gallagher is an experienced Championship forward, which is exactly what we need right now.
Login to get fewer ads

Gallagher on 06:02 - Jan 29 with 3645 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I suspect the fee has been inflated by the Sun. Remember when they said Evans had offered Lambert a huge war chest to keep us up and we signed Colin Quaner, an injured Will Keane and a equally injured Alan Judge.
Gallagher on 06:06 - Jan 29 with 3638 viewsPioneerBlue

If you consider how much we are quoted for inexperienced prem loans per season the £2m for an experienced championship striker, one presumably with a back log of demonstrated performances, it’s a know quantity. If he fits the mould then he must be reasonable value.

Did I expect to be quoted that value for a player that has not been prolific, probably not but attributes rule these days not only goals.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Gallagher on 06:34 - Jan 29 with 3511 viewsBLUEGOLD

Gallagher on 06:06 - Jan 29 by PioneerBlue

If you consider how much we are quoted for inexperienced prem loans per season the £2m for an experienced championship striker, one presumably with a back log of demonstrated performances, it’s a know quantity. If he fits the mould then he must be reasonable value.

Did I expect to be quoted that value for a player that has not been prolific, probably not but attributes rule these days not only goals.

It’s a bit like Ellis Simms at £8.5m.

He cost nowhere like that much, but with add ons it could reach that sum.

I expect Gallagher is circa £1M with the rest of the fee related to promotion and games played.

They want his wages off their books too, otherwise they would have triggered his 12 month extension
Gallagher on 07:05 - Jan 29 with 3285 viewscressi

Hardly a crock ths is his first Yr with a injury keeping him out for a sustained period. As for goals over half the matches Blackburn have played him as a winger.
He will do well as he is a team player works his nuts off hopefully we get both much needed. Experience and potential.
Gallagher on 07:18 - Jan 29 with 3178 viewsSimonds92

Gallagher on 01:55 - Jan 29 by Illinoisblue

2m is relatively peanuts. We were paying 2.5m for Stewart TWENTY THREE YEARS AGO.

If he's fit and over his injuries then what we're spending on him is reasonable and it should be good business to get him in and alternate with Al Hamadi who looks to be quite an exciting signing.
Gallagher on 07:18 - Jan 29 with 3186 viewsGavTWTD

My Blackburn chum says "He works as hard as any striker I have seen play" which suits us.

Yes please.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Gallagher on 07:19 - Jan 29 with 3171 viewslazyblue

2mill is not silly these days in the championship and situation kinda a bit more desperate after Saturday.
Gallagher on 07:25 - Jan 29 with 3123 viewsITFC_Forever

Don’t buy The S*n.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gallagher on 07:37 - Jan 29 with 2997 viewsHerbivore

He's about as close as we're likely to get to a like for like replacement for Hirst, he's big, mobile, works hard. And he's proven at this level over several years. He's 28 which in football today is not exactly over the hill. If we get him for £2m or less then that's a good bit of business, imo. We aren't going to find better. If we also get Al-Hamadi as another option and more of a development project then all the better. So few dry nights on TWTD these days. Anyone would think we were second bottom of the Championship, not second top.
[Post edited 29 Jan 7:49]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gallagher on 07:46 - Jan 29 with 2912 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Iraqi Womble.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Gallagher on 07:48 - Jan 29 with 2888 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I hear, that story wasn't true. Could still happen though.
Gallagher on 07:50 - Jan 29 with 2852 viewsHerbivore

Gallagher on 07:48 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

From what I hear, that story wasn't true. Could still happen though.

Fireman Phil strikes again, dousing fires of hope.

Gallagher on 07:53 - Jan 29 with 2821 viewsDubtractor

Gallagher on 07:50 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Fireman Phil strikes again, dousing fires of hope.

He's turned into a right bloody killjoy recently hasn't he?

It's the 97th of January, we're all fed up, and here comes Phil to pile in with some more doom and gloom.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gallagher on 07:56 - Jan 29 with 2777 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gallagher on 00:48 - Jan 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

You read the S*n?

Explains the hot take.

When you say “read” the S*n , you mean look at the pictures in the S*n ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gallagher on 08:21 - Jan 29 with 2534 viewsPhilTWTD

Gallagher on 07:53 - Jan 29 by Dubtractor

He's turned into a right bloody killjoy recently hasn't he?

It's the 97th of January, we're all fed up, and here comes Phil to pile in with some more doom and gloom.

To be more cheerful, I think there's more chance of it happening now than there was a couple of days ago.
Gallagher on 08:24 - Jan 29 with 2479 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gallagher on 08:21 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

To be more cheerful, I think there's more chance of it happening now than there was a couple of days ago.

As in “imminent” likely ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gallagher on 08:25 - Jan 29 with 2448 viewsHerbivore

Gallagher on 08:24 - Jan 29 by Metal_Hacker

As in “imminent” likely ?

It's the 29th of January, any signing we make is going to need to be pretty imminent at this point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024