Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan 00:36 - Feb 2 with 1667 viewsITFCMonk

Might be looking too deep but could that mean there’s a possibility of them releasing Johnson from his contract to sign for us? I know they wouldn’t be gaining anything from that and we are already over the squad limit but still wouldn’t surprised if there’s something in that to be honest.
Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:38 - Feb 2 with 1637 viewsBasingstokeBlue

The transfer window closed an hour-and-a-hallf ago.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:47 - Feb 2 with 1601 viewsBugs

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:38 - Feb 2 by BasingstokeBlue

The transfer window closed an hour-and-a-hallf ago.

I think the OP is way off. But if his scenario were true, the player would be a free agent and free to go where he likes, and any team would be free to sign him.
Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:55 - Feb 2 with 1573 viewsGuthrum

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:47 - Feb 2 by Bugs

I think the OP is way off. But if his scenario were true, the player would be a free agent and free to go where he likes, and any team would be free to sign him.

A player has to be released before the end of the preceding window to be a free agent. Otherwise they can't sign until next window.

Edit: I should have said preceding or current window.
[Post edited 2 Feb 8:51]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 07:34 - Feb 2 with 1081 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:55 - Feb 2 by Guthrum

A player has to be released before the end of the preceding window to be a free agent. Otherwise they can't sign until next window.

Is that right? What if a contract is terminated? I’m sure we’ve signed players outside if windows like that in the past?
Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 07:42 - Feb 2 with 1005 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 00:55 - Feb 2 by Guthrum

You’re more than likely right, but wouldn’t that be ‘restriction of trade’ and pretty much against the Bosman Ruling?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 07:44 - Feb 2 with 991 viewsKieran_Knows

They’d need to have released him before the close of the window, but nothing to stop that being announced today I suppose.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 08:01 - Feb 2 with 890 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pederson was a poor signing for Swansea. One of several poor ones they made in the summer. Apparently he was one of their higher earners, yet none of the 3 managers they’ve had (so far) this season played him. Such a basket case of a club under their current owners.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 838 viewsGuthrum

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 07:42 - Feb 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

You’re more than likely right, but wouldn’t that be ‘restriction of trade’ and pretty much against the Bosman Ruling?

I presume it's to protect the integrity of the transfer window system. Otherwise it would just be a back-door free transfer method. Released players are paid off, so they have money to tide them over.

Login to get fewer ads

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 08:13 - Feb 2 with 798 viewsGuthrum

Just noticed Wednesday brought in Pederson from Swansea on loan on 07:34 - Feb 2 by Matt_Netherlands

Is that right? What if a contract is terminated? I’m sure we’ve signed players outside if windows like that in the past?

But only when they've been released during a current or previous window. If a senior player (I think Youth may be different) left today, they couldn't sign for another English Prem/League team until the summer.

It's why we let Edwards go now, rather than waiting until he'd recovered from injury.
[Post edited 2 Feb 8:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024