Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4th - what a tremendous season we are having 21:24 - Feb 10 with 1788 viewsMaySixth

loving it
great comeback today

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:35 - Feb 10 with 1536 viewstextbackup

Whilst this is absolutely true… you can’t tell me that anyone looking through the most blue tinted glasses wont see the last 8/9 as a little disappointing?

It’s a little bit super dooper fan to keep going with that angle. Of course we are all happy to be 4th in the first season back… but at what point do we stop thinking we are hugely overachieving and sit back and think ‘we’ve more than shown we are in the top 4/5 teams in this league’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 1498 viewsnorfsufblue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:35 - Feb 10 by textbackup

Whilst this is absolutely true… you can’t tell me that anyone looking through the most blue tinted glasses wont see the last 8/9 as a little disappointing?

It’s a little bit super dooper fan to keep going with that angle. Of course we are all happy to be 4th in the first season back… but at what point do we stop thinking we are hugely overachieving and sit back and think ‘we’ve more than shown we are in the top 4/5 teams in this league’

Tbf that's why the OP is absolutely correct.... we feel like our form is poor and we are still 4th... and we've only lost to 3 teams!
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:45 - Feb 10 with 1498 viewsMK1

We are one of the best 4 or 5 teams in the league. Whilst the last 8/9 games have been a bit disappointing, that is only because of our unbelievable start. Even if we finish outside the top 6, I will still see this as a brilliant season. I didn't expect us to carry on the form we were in for the entire season.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:45 - Feb 10 with 1498 viewsStewart27

Surely we think both.

Which is a really great place to be.

And if we go with the latter then today we drew with the fifth place team in the league and it feels like a par result.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 1479 viewsChorleyBoy

That's the spirit!
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:58 - Feb 10 with 1451 viewstextbackup

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:45 - Feb 10 by MK1

We are one of the best 4 or 5 teams in the league. Whilst the last 8/9 games have been a bit disappointing, that is only because of our unbelievable start. Even if we finish outside the top 6, I will still see this as a brilliant season. I didn't expect us to carry on the form we were in for the entire season.

If we don’t finish in the top 6, sorry, but there is no way this could be viewed as a brilliant season.

I’ll be amazed if too many agree with you on that.

Half a season to be 10 points clear in 2nd, and 18 clear of 6th, to finish 7/8/9/10th would be an utter car crash.

It’s all about context, if the entire season we flirted with 5/6th, and finished 7/8th you’d say that was a really strong first season back.
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:59]

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:02 - Feb 10 with 1431 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why being positive and/or realistic is seen by some as trying to be a super dooper/happy clapper supporter.

I'll put a smiley at the end just so you know I'm not angry

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:04 - Feb 10 with 1420 viewstextbackup

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:02 - Feb 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why being positive and/or realistic is seen by some as trying to be a super dooper/happy clapper supporter.

I'll put a smiley at the end just so you know I'm not angry

I’m just amazed anyone would think if we miss out on top 6 that we’ve had an amazing season.

Would you view it that way? (FWIW, I think we finish 3rd or 4th)

Login to get fewer ads

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 1389 viewsMK1

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:58 - Feb 10 by textbackup

If we don’t finish in the top 6, sorry, but there is no way this could be viewed as a brilliant season.

I’ll be amazed if too many agree with you on that.

Half a season to be 10 points clear in 2nd, and 18 clear of 6th, to finish 7/8/9/10th would be an utter car crash.

It’s all about context, if the entire season we flirted with 5/6th, and finished 7/8th you’d say that was a really strong first season back.
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:59]

I don't think for one second we will finish outside the top 6, but we are far out performing where I thought we would be. Realistically, we were never going to keep our unbelievable form going all season and for some on here to start questioning our players and manager is beyond me. Sorry, but I will be totally over the moon with this season, no matter what happens from here on in.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:19 - Feb 10 with 1372 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:04 - Feb 10 by textbackup

I’m just amazed anyone would think if we miss out on top 6 that we’ve had an amazing season.

Would you view it that way? (FWIW, I think we finish 3rd or 4th)

Well I wasn't replying to that comment, but yes I'd be very disappointed to not finish top 6 now. But it would take a catastrophic collapse for that to happen.

It's only really the results that have been iffy across the last 9 games, not the performances as such. Whilst they've dipped a bit there's lots of caveats from key injuries, suspension, illness, Burgess away, a bit of bad luck, poor officiating. I think if you look at the results without context it's a worse run than it actually is.

I was hugely heartened at the fightback today and proud of the players. You could criticise a few individual things but overall we're still in decent shape and plenty more twists and turns to come.

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:21 - Feb 10 with 1365 viewstextbackup

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:13 - Feb 10 by MK1

I don't think for one second we will finish outside the top 6, but we are far out performing where I thought we would be. Realistically, we were never going to keep our unbelievable form going all season and for some on here to start questioning our players and manager is beyond me. Sorry, but I will be totally over the moon with this season, no matter what happens from here on in.

I honestly think you’d be the only one.

I think the money men, COE, manager and players would be absolutely sick to the back teeth if we finish outside the top 6.

It’s would be an incredible fck up

Atleast they’ll have you clapping tho.

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:32 - Feb 10 with 1314 viewsMK1

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:21 - Feb 10 by textbackup

I think the money men, COE, manager and players would be absolutely sick to the back teeth if we finish outside the top 6.

I'm no happy clapper as you would say, but I see this season as a hell of an experience. After the seasons we had in League One, I am just loving this journey we are on and just for the record, I absolutely love the Championship. Last season and this are by far the best we have had it for over a decade, so forgive me for being over the moon with where we are and what we are achieving.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:42 - Feb 10 with 1290 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why do you feel the need to insult other supporters who are just enjoying the ride?

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 986 viewsMK1

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 22:42 - Feb 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why do you feel the need to insult other supporters who are just enjoying the ride?

I think it is because I am more optimistic than some. I have been supporting this great club of our for nearly half a century, so I am use to all the ups and downs. Just because we had a fantastic start, (as we have in many seasons before, only for it to fall away) doesn't mean that I expected promotion in January. I like to ride out the season and the league table at the end very rarely lies. If we finish in the Auto's, It will be totally amazing. If we finish in the play offs and go up, I will be over joyed. If we finish in the play offs, but don't go up, I will be disappointed for a few minutes and then reflect on what an amazing season it was. Far out stripping my expectations in August. If that makes me a happy clapper, then so be it. I don't go over the top when we win, I am not to hard on anyone if we lose. Hope that explains the kind of supporter I am.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:01 - Feb 11 with 982 viewsFrimleyBlue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:00 - Feb 11 by MK1

I think it is because I am more optimistic than some. I have been supporting this great club of our for nearly half a century, so I am use to all the ups and downs. Just because we had a fantastic start, (as we have in many seasons before, only for it to fall away) doesn't mean that I expected promotion in January. I like to ride out the season and the league table at the end very rarely lies. If we finish in the Auto's, It will be totally amazing. If we finish in the play offs and go up, I will be over joyed. If we finish in the play offs, but don't go up, I will be disappointed for a few minutes and then reflect on what an amazing season it was. Far out stripping my expectations in August. If that makes me a happy clapper, then so be it. I don't go over the top when we win, I am not to hard on anyone if we lose. Hope that explains the kind of supporter I am.

What if we don't finish in playoffs.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:07 - Feb 11 with 971 viewsWhos_blue

You make a good argument for your position, but no need for unnecessary jibe in your last sentence.
It actually undermines the point you're trying to make.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:16 - Feb 11 with 946 viewsMK1

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:01 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Then I will reflect on the season as a whole as a huge success from August. We will finish at least in the play offs though.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:17 - Feb 11 with 941 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:01 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:23 - Feb 11 with 921 viewsFrimleyBlue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:17 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Never mind flash. You'll master the training soon.

Waka waka eh eh

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:25 - Feb 11 with 916 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:23 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Never mind flash. You'll master the training soon.

Hilarious.

I thought you were off out?

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:27 - Feb 11 with 907 viewsFrimleyBlue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:25 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hilarious.

Went out. Got my beer for afternoon footy. Now back. But thanks for asking

Waka waka eh eh

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:33 - Feb 11 with 884 viewsChurchman

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:25 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hilarious.

He suddenly realised The Beano doesn’t come out till Monday.
4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:27 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Went out. Got my beer for afternoon footy. Now back. But thanks for asking

Ah right, you drink beer while watching football and posting on here. I see.

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 863 viewsFrimleyBlue

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:33 - Feb 11 by Churchman

He suddenly realised The Beano doesn’t come out till Monday.

Got it on subscription. So never miss out.

Waka waka eh eh

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 12:57 - Feb 11 with 831 viewsAsa

4th - what a tremendous season we are having on 21:44 - Feb 10 by norfsufblue

Tbf that's why the OP is absolutely correct.... we feel like our form is poor and we are still 4th... and we've only lost to 3 teams!

If you jumble our results around a bit then it’s an absolutely incredible season. It’s just the recent run that leads anyone to think otherwise and that’s just frustration rather than realism.

Our crime seems to be getting a couple of key injuries and suspensions over the busiest period of the year and barely losing in half a dozen games whilst drawing too many.

For a team with the budget we have to be basically one of the best championship sides ever at this stage is ridiculous. Even more so when we’ve had what is deemed a bad run over the last 6 weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024