Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given 21:12 - Feb 11 with 1434 viewsSheffordBlue

Interesting to watch the player cam back and see how Moore won a couple of fouls. I think in similar situations Hirst either wouldn't have won the foul or it would have been given against him.

Not entirely sure what Moore does differently (less 'armsy' maybe?) but hopefully Hirst can learn from him when he's back. Always feel he gets hard done by but maybe if he makes some minor tweaks he won't be.
[Post edited 11 Feb 21:36]

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 22:04 - Feb 11 with 1262 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s an interesting comparison and I wish I understood more about it. I thought Moore looked a bit flat footed at times yesterday in the box when a little ball in behind was on. He was never looking for that sort of run and pass though. Hirst would have been. But then KM plays the stereotypical target man role better. He was a good outlet from the back, but wasn’t an effective a big man in the box. If anything, playing to his height might have hurt us, as our delivery to him was wasteful when in the past we may have been more patient and worked something better. Integrating him will be an interesting challenge for KM.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 23:03 - Feb 11 with 1177 viewsMVBlue

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 22:04 - Feb 11 by Swansea_Blue

It’s an interesting comparison and I wish I understood more about it. I thought Moore looked a bit flat footed at times yesterday in the box when a little ball in behind was on. He was never looking for that sort of run and pass though. Hirst would have been. But then KM plays the stereotypical target man role better. He was a good outlet from the back, but wasn’t an effective a big man in the box. If anything, playing to his height might have hurt us, as our delivery to him was wasteful when in the past we may have been more patient and worked something better. Integrating him will be an interesting challenge for KM.

I am prone to think Keiffer Moore will be here until summer and Sam Gallagher here in summer. Moore will do his thing but Hirst will return. Its going to get very interesting.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 05:15 - Feb 12 with 1016 viewsrodney76

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 23:03 - Feb 11 by MVBlue

I am prone to think Keiffer Moore will be here until summer and Sam Gallagher here in summer. Moore will do his thing but Hirst will return. Its going to get very interesting.

Moore is on PL wages.
I wouldn't know how much of those we have to pay or the length of his contract at Bournemouth.

But, I suspect it is considerable re: wages and not short enough re: contract and that they would therefore want a fee and the player would expect a commensurate wage.

He's temporary and a bit of a left of field, emergency signing by the manager, so let's just hope he doesn't get injured during his spell at Portman Road.
[Post edited 12 Feb 5:20]
Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 08:29 - Feb 12 with 853 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 05:15 - Feb 12 by rodney76

Moore is on PL wages.
I wouldn't know how much of those we have to pay or the length of his contract at Bournemouth.

But, I suspect it is considerable re: wages and not short enough re: contract and that they would therefore want a fee and the player would expect a commensurate wage.

He's temporary and a bit of a left of field, emergency signing by the manager, so let's just hope he doesn't get injured during his spell at Portman Road.
[Post edited 12 Feb 5:20]

All depends on the business we do in the summer and what division we’re in doesn’t it.
Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 09:09 - Feb 12 with 792 viewsBlueDouglas

Maybe it's a bit of experience showing and he know's when to go down! I don't really know, was at the game on Saturday and could see West Brom were doing a lot of pushing when Moore was trying to win a header, seemed pretty cynical but effective tbh.
Moore winning fouls that Hirst wouldn't get given on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 745 viewsChurchman

I was intrigued to see Moore given what I remember of him first time around. He’s much stronger and much better in every way than the early version. I thought against Albion’s big old units he did well. They certainly knew they’d been in a game.

Is he the best CF I’ve ever seen? No, of course not. But he is a target man, draws players in and knows the game now, including some of the dark arts. Fitness permitting, I think he will be a real help to us for the rest of the season as the players get used to what he does well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024