Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mckenna 17:55 - Feb 13 with 2113 viewsStu_boy

Given the fact there is clear premier league interest in securing his services, we should offer him a new contract without a reported release fee. If he signs it then it's a clear indication of his commitment to the club. If not then while he may have some commitment to seeing out this season, if we don't go up it would indicate his intention to move on. If he does go i have complete faith in the club to secure a quality replacement given the club is in a much stronger position than the past decade run by a team who understand football and what it takes to be successful
Mckenna on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 1941 viewsChurchman

He signed a contract in the summer until 2027. The maybe up it in the summer with a release fee of say £20m. If PL clubs want him that’s still chump change to them.

The reality is we want him to stay and continue developing our club and his career. Actually, he’s lucky to be here. An Everton, Spurs or Villa I could see the attraction. If he wants to go to a weird basket case like West Han, a nothing club like CP or a club that’s fulfilled its potential I can’t, but thats ultimately his choice.

Much as I rate McKenna, the club is bigger than any one person and the structures the owners have put in place mean that replacing a manager is far less damaging than it was - big picture. Hopefully, some work has been done on succession planning as regardless he won’t be with us forever.

What will be will be.
Mckenna on 18:58 - Feb 13 with 1910 viewsJimmyJazz

Mckenna on 18:54 - Feb 13 by Churchman

He signed a contract in the summer until 2027. The maybe up it in the summer with a release fee of say £20m. If PL clubs want him that’s still chump change to them.

The reality is we want him to stay and continue developing our club and his career. Actually, he’s lucky to be here. An Everton, Spurs or Villa I could see the attraction. If he wants to go to a weird basket case like West Han, a nothing club like CP or a club that’s fulfilled its potential I can’t, but thats ultimately his choice.

Much as I rate McKenna, the club is bigger than any one person and the structures the owners have put in place mean that replacing a manager is far less damaging than it was - big picture. Hopefully, some work has been done on succession planning as regardless he won’t be with us forever.

What will be will be.

Just a question, i'm interested in why you state Everton as a better prospect than West Ham? Financially they are in a hole, but more importantly I think they already have the best manager for their current situation, well so do Spurs and Villa actually. Don't see Everton as an attractive proposition

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Mckenna on 19:02 - Feb 13 with 1886 viewsburnbudgiesburn

What will be will be.

More than one party involved in a contract. No way he's signing a contract with a release fee of 20m!

£4m is actually a very large fee for a manager who has never performed in the top flight because clubs have no sell on value so its a money sink.

I'd actually be a little bit dissapointed in McKenna if he jumped ship at this stage. In no way can we have entered this season with the expectation of being top 2.

But if it does, we thank him for getting us back to the championship playing some great football, bank the money and move on
Mckenna on 19:27 - Feb 13 with 1761 viewsChurchman

Mckenna on 18:58 - Feb 13 by JimmyJazz

Just a question, i'm interested in why you state Everton as a better prospect than West Ham? Financially they are in a hole, but more importantly I think they already have the best manager for their current situation, well so do Spurs and Villa actually. Don't see Everton as an attractive proposition

New stadium and potential is why I named Everton. Room for growth. West Ham don’t own the stadium and tickets are cheap. They are fulfilling their potential now. They’re not a huge club, West Ham.

Maybe my contempt for West Ham is because I don’t like them very much.

My argument is a thin one!
Mckenna on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 1502 viewsBlueBlood90

I can see what's in it for us but why would McKenna want to do that?

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Mckenna on 11:47 - Feb 14 with 1381 viewsJon_456

What will be will be.

Agreed and there are good examples of this being the case too, regarding club structures. Teams that are run well off the pitch tend to do well on it.

You look at Adkins taking Southampton to back to back promotions, is then sacked after a poor start but replaced by Pochettino who then takes them to another level.

And then there’s Brighton losing Potter. I’m sure their fans were pretty worried when he left yet seemed to upgrade with De Zerbi.
Mckenna on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 1300 viewsCoastalblue

If he wants to be here, and there's no indication he doesn't then he will stay unless a really big job comes along, unlikely at the moment with his current CV.

Supposing we could tie him down to a contract with a much bigger release clause, what's the point of keeping him if the club that comes in won't pay it but he clearly wanted to move on?

FWIW I personally think we'll get at least another couple of seasons out of him yet, his stock is nowhere near high enough to land a job at a big club while there are very few, Palace included who would be much of an upgrade over us considering the groundwork he's already done.

If he does go, well we're in a good place to attract the candidate we want to continue the upward journey.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mckenna on 12:10 - Feb 14 with 1258 viewsDarkBrandon

I’d be amazed if both Ashton and McKenna weren’t grown up enough to have direct conversation about this with both being honest about their plans. They both know how football works.

No need for any new contract subterfuge to try and deduce KM’s plans
Login to get fewer ads

Mckenna on 12:23 - Feb 14 with 1152 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why anyone would sign that. It's pretty standard to have a release clause, and he's not a slave, we can't force him to stay forever!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Mckenna on 12:50 - Feb 14 with 984 viewscressi

Think fans are worrying far to much.
When the word of a takeover started to surface God I was excited Evans to go I prayed we would get good responsible owners and a on the ball CEO yes a bit David Brent but seems to work all hours to achieve .who thought twenty nine thousand most weeks whatever happens regards McKenna staying or leaving this football club will be ok and is going in the right direction.
Mckenna on 13:26 - Feb 14 with 867 viewsZapers

What will be will be.

20 mill, you cannot be serious!!
Mckenna on 13:29 - Feb 14 with 845 viewsDarkHorse

Mckenna on 13:26 - Feb 14 by Zapers

Indeed. If Davis is worth £20M+, McK must be £100M.
Mckenna on 13:32 - Feb 14 with 832 viewsDanTheMan

Mckenna on 13:26 - Feb 14 by Zapers

Similar players have gone for £15mil+. £20mil isn't insane.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024