Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game 11:31 - Feb 18 with 990 viewscbower

So good we have the ability for some level of rotation across all three of those positions. Replaciing the energy in there without losing too much, if any quality, is a huge bonus. Not my favourite player by a long shot, but a shout out to Harness too. Great squad player who seems to have the trust of McKenna to do a very decent job in there when required.
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:32]

bluescouser

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 12:28 - Feb 18 with 861 views_clive_baker_

We’ve got excellent depth in that area particularly. It’s 3 from 5 really for me, in terms of starting games, those 5 being Broadhead, Chaplin, Burns, Hutchinson & Sarmiento. That’s a very nice position to be in going in to the run in. I said it a few weeks ago and stand by it that Broadhead is arguably the best footballer we have in our squad. There’s newer and shinier options but we do need to appreciate just how good he is. Frighteningly good player when you watch him up close, and 11 goals to his name this season so far is a heck of a return, I really do think he’s a premier league player and I’m so glad we’ve got him.

We might not have enough for top 2, but I think it’ll simply be a result of the form of 2 (maybe 3) premier league sides in all but name, rather than anything we’ve done wrong. A bit of a freak season with regards to the quality of those sides at the top, but whatever happens the future is bright. IF we can hang on to KM and keep improving over the summer I would back us to be right up there again next season, in a field that’s likely not as strong as it is this. Not writing us off this season yet though, whether than be to get back into 2nd or via the playoffs. I would fancy us to get to Wembley and on our day we can beat anyone in this division there.
Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 12:40 - Feb 18 with 835 viewsMullet

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 12:28 - Feb 18 by _clive_baker_

We’ve got excellent depth in that area particularly. It’s 3 from 5 really for me, in terms of starting games, those 5 being Broadhead, Chaplin, Burns, Hutchinson & Sarmiento. That’s a very nice position to be in going in to the run in. I said it a few weeks ago and stand by it that Broadhead is arguably the best footballer we have in our squad. There’s newer and shinier options but we do need to appreciate just how good he is. Frighteningly good player when you watch him up close, and 11 goals to his name this season so far is a heck of a return, I really do think he’s a premier league player and I’m so glad we’ve got him.

We might not have enough for top 2, but I think it’ll simply be a result of the form of 2 (maybe 3) premier league sides in all but name, rather than anything we’ve done wrong. A bit of a freak season with regards to the quality of those sides at the top, but whatever happens the future is bright. IF we can hang on to KM and keep improving over the summer I would back us to be right up there again next season, in a field that’s likely not as strong as it is this. Not writing us off this season yet though, whether than be to get back into 2nd or via the playoffs. I would fancy us to get to Wembley and on our day we can beat anyone in this division there.

It would be peak Ipswich to have one of the best seasons on record and not go up innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:10 - Feb 18 with 765 viewsnorfsufblue

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 12:40 - Feb 18 by Mullet

It would be peak Ipswich to have one of the best seasons on record and not go up innit.

Fair point... I mean we had the best side in Europe in 1981 and still didn't win the League....... and I'm still not over it!
Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:13 - Feb 18 with 751 viewscbower

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:10 - Feb 18 by norfsufblue

Fair point... I mean we had the best side in Europe in 1981 and still didn't win the League....... and I'm still not over it!

Still hurts that one! Bosco Jankovic, a name I’ll never forget.

bluescouser

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:17 - Feb 18 with 736 viewsnorfsufblue

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:13 - Feb 18 by cbower

Still hurts that one! Bosco Jankovic, a name I’ll never forget.

Has there every been a more depressing 45 mins than that second half!..... it was all going so well at half time
Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:24 - Feb 18 with 715 viewsHerbivore

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 12:40 - Feb 18 by Mullet

Of all the possible outcomes, this is a pretty likely one. Posted on another thread that the last two newly promoted sides to go up did so with 88 and 84 points, which I think we look likely to surpass. No side has ever got 90 points and not gone up and that's another milestone you'd fancy us to reach with the games we have left and our form so far. If we can hit the kind of miracle run we achieved last season we can probably relax going into the Huddersfield game at PR but that would be a hell of an effort at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:33 - Feb 18 with 635 viewsIllinoisblue

More banter existence than banter era

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:47 - Feb 18 with 605 viewsMullet

Interesting that none of the 3 behind Moore are totally nailed on every game on 13:24 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Of all the possible outcomes, this is a pretty likely one. Posted on another thread that the last two newly promoted sides to go up did so with 88 and 84 points, which I think we look likely to surpass. No side has ever got 90 points and not gone up and that's another milestone you'd fancy us to reach with the games we have left and our form so far. If we can hit the kind of miracle run we achieved last season we can probably relax going into the Huddersfield game at PR but that would be a hell of an effort at this level.

I've annoyed myself just posting it. Mainly because I still think we will finish 2nd, but recognising the farce that has been the parachute teams getting everything is infuriating.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024