Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£16 a pack! 09:24 - Feb 28 with 3496 viewsITFCson

Does anyone on here smoke regular cigerettes purchased in this country? Even if it can be afforded I cannot fathom how anyone could justify paying such a price!
£16 a pack! on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mine have Gucci written down the side and I smoke them just because I can.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

£16 a pack! on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2778 viewsDanTheMan

Addiction can make things very simple to justify in your own mind, unfortunately.

I only know one person who smokes now, hoping this might be the kicker for him to stop.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£16 a pack! on 09:36 - Feb 28 with 2700 viewsMattinLondon

I think that if someone is addicted to them then that person will be able to justify the expense. In the same way that a regular pub goer can justify a couple pints per day or a gambler can justify a daily flatter. Thankfully smoking is on the way down.

Off topic, but I only just found out that Menthol cigarette were banned a few years ago - but how can they be banned but so many different flavours for vapes are allowed. Does t seem to make sense.
£16 a pack! on 09:40 - Feb 28 with 2680 viewsBlueschev

I only buy them when I'm drunk so I don't notice. My brother in law brought a 30g pouch of baccie from Ipswich station the other day and it was £32!
£16 a pack! on 09:41 - Feb 28 with 2672 viewsBasuco

At 20 a day that is £5,840 PA, that would be a decent pay rise if someone gave up, why anyone would pay out this sort of money to knowingly harm their own health and put at serious risk those around them defeats me. But as a life long non smoker that is easy for me to say. I also think vaping is another cigarette type health time bomb for those that move over to this.
£16 a pack! on 09:44 - Feb 28 with 2651 viewsBasuco

£16 a pack! on 09:36 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

I think that if someone is addicted to them then that person will be able to justify the expense. In the same way that a regular pub goer can justify a couple pints per day or a gambler can justify a daily flatter. Thankfully smoking is on the way down.

Off topic, but I only just found out that Menthol cigarette were banned a few years ago - but how can they be banned but so many different flavours for vapes are allowed. Does t seem to make sense.

The tobacco industry is a major political donor, currently to the Conservatives, I am sure this will change quickly should we get a change of government. Same applies to the oil industry as well.
£16 a pack! on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 2644 viewsNthQldITFC

£16 a pack! on 09:36 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

Menthol - how to ruin a smoke without changing the way you smell afterwards! Several exes were convinced otherwise, but I suppose the upside for them was that they were happy to have a Benson off me when they'd run out, whereas I'd rather get dressed and trudge down the shops than inhale that paint stripper taste trying to get a drag.

Lovely old days.
[Post edited 28 Feb 9:46]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

£16 a pack! on 09:54 - Feb 28 with 2584 viewsRimsy

Very few smokers pay those prices. Several shops in town where they'll sell you their specials. Box of 200 for thirty odd pounds. Obviously the Exchequer are missing out on Duty with those sales. I've never smoked by the way.

BlueBlood

Login to get fewer ads

£16 a pack! on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 2458 viewsGuthrum

I gave up when it went over £2 a pack, thought it was too expensive.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

£16 a pack! on 10:37 - Feb 28 with 2427 viewsMeadowlark

£16 a pack! on 10:32 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

I gave up when it went over £2 a pack, thought it was too expensive.

I remember charging 40p a cigarette if someone asked me if they could smoke one of mine, so they must have been around £8.00 when I stopped.
£16 a pack! on 10:49 - Feb 28 with 2391 viewsBlueschev

£16 a pack! on 10:37 - Feb 28 by Meadowlark

I remember charging 40p a cigarette if someone asked me if they could smoke one of mine, so they must have been around £8.00 when I stopped.

You tight git!
£16 a pack! on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 2323 viewsNthQldITFC

£16 a pack! on 10:37 - Feb 28 by Meadowlark

How much for the light?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

£16 a pack! on 11:30 - Feb 28 with 2264 viewsJ2BLUE

£16 a pack! on 09:41 - Feb 28 by Basuco

At 20 a day that is £5,840 PA, that would be a decent pay rise if someone gave up, why anyone would pay out this sort of money to knowingly harm their own health and put at serious risk those around them defeats me. But as a life long non smoker that is easy for me to say. I also think vaping is another cigarette type health time bomb for those that move over to this.

20 a day? More than one per waking hour?

Actually, thinking back to previous jobs where it seemed absolutely fine for smokers to disappear for 10-15 minutes every hour that does seem about right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£16 a pack! on 11:35 - Feb 28 with 2226 viewsBent_double

Having just got back from Brazil, where a pack of 20 costs just over £1, it surprised me that more people weren't smokers, well maybe they were, but it didn't seem like it.

Was almost tempted to fill a suitcase with packs and bring them back, help pay for the trip.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

£16 a pack! on 11:36 - Feb 28 with 2224 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

£16 a pack! on 11:30 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Actually, thinking back to previous jobs where it seemed absolutely fine for smokers to disappear for 10-15 minutes every hour that does seem about right.

20 a day isn't massive, relatively. I remember people being 40 a day smokers. They'd be bankrupt now at those prices!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

£16 a pack! on 11:39 - Feb 28 with 2206 viewsITFCson

£16 a pack! on 11:35 - Feb 28 by Bent_double

Having just got back from Brazil, where a pack of 20 costs just over £1, it surprised me that more people weren't smokers, well maybe they were, but it didn't seem like it.

Was almost tempted to fill a suitcase with packs and bring them back, help pay for the trip.

I once filled my small suitcase in Doha coming back from Australia. I got pulled at Heathrow, they checked my big suitcase and not the small one and sent me on my way - a hairy moment!
£16 a pack! on 11:40 - Feb 28 with 2199 viewsEwan_Oozami

You should see the current price of Battenberg! Ludicrous! Mr Kipling must be raking it in!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

£16 a pack! on 12:04 - Feb 28 with 2128 viewsGlasgowBlue

£16 a pack! on 11:30 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

My old man was a regular 40 a day man. Maybe even more, as he would light one as soon has he had finished the last one.

Betcha can't guess what he died of.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

£16 a pack! on 12:40 - Feb 28 with 2013 viewsblueasfook

£16 a pack! on 12:04 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

My old man was a regular 40 a day man. Maybe even more, as he would light one as soon has he had finished the last one.

Same with my old man. We couldn't get him to quit no matter what. He didn't get lung cancer but he had COPD in his later years

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

£16 a pack! on 12:42 - Feb 28 with 1989 viewsDanTheMan

£16 a pack! on 12:04 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

My dad was similar, although he did massively cut down. The damage had already been done though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£16 a pack! on 12:42 - Feb 28 with 1988 views_clive_baker_

I'm not sure if its cost or better education about the risks, but its noticeable how few people smoke now compared to even 20 years ago. When I first started going out the smoking ban was being introduced in pubs and clubs and often the smoking areas were busier than the club. I've been known to dabble but never considered myself a smoker and very rarely (if ever) not had a few pints first.

I rarely see anyone smoking nowadays, although vaping does seem to be very common which people are getting addicted to. The industry was always going to find a way to protect its financial health amid dwindling demand for cigarettes.
£16 a pack! on 13:21 - Feb 28 with 1874 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

£16 a pack! on 09:28 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Mine have Gucci written down the side and I smoke them just because I can.

Mrs SSB still smokes 20 a day.
This morning, she said she was going to quit after hearing about the price increase.
I’ll believe it when I see it though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

£16 a pack! on 13:41 - Feb 28 with 1776 viewsJ2BLUE

£16 a pack! on 12:42 - Feb 28 by _clive_baker_

I'm not sure if its cost or better education about the risks, but its noticeable how few people smoke now compared to even 20 years ago. When I first started going out the smoking ban was being introduced in pubs and clubs and often the smoking areas were busier than the club. I've been known to dabble but never considered myself a smoker and very rarely (if ever) not had a few pints first.

I rarely see anyone smoking nowadays, although vaping does seem to be very common which people are getting addicted to. The industry was always going to find a way to protect its financial health amid dwindling demand for cigarettes.

The number of vape flavours is insane.

Clearly an industry growing at a massive rate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£16 a pack! on 13:44 - Feb 28 with 1762 viewsyorkshireblue

£16 a pack! on 11:40 - Feb 28 by Ewan_Oozami

You should see the current price of Battenberg! Ludicrous! Mr Kipling must be raking it in!

You could say he is "caking it in"
£16 a pack! on 15:02 - Feb 28 with 1566 viewsWeWereZombies

£16 a pack! on 13:44 - Feb 28 by yorkshireblue

You could say he is "caking it in"

Whilst for the users it is just money down the marzipan...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024