Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? 08:26 - Mar 3 with 1100 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leicester supporters seem to think we take a lot of long-rangers (which is why we score so many deflected goals) but is that actually true? I feel like we have a mixed bag in terms of shooting range, with no particular theme.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:29 - Mar 3 with 1071 viewswkj

Our average shot distance is 16.9 yards vs the opposition average of 17.8 yards

Leicester have averaged shots at 16.7 yards vs the opposition average of 18.1 yards

Sooo... there isn't much difference at all

Lots of stats here
https://fbref.com/en/squads/b74092de/Ipswich-Town-Stats
https://fbref.com/en/squads/a2d435b3/Leicester-City-Stats
[Post edited 3 Mar 8:32]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:36 - Mar 3 with 1015 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:29 - Mar 3 by wkj

Our average shot distance is 16.9 yards vs the opposition average of 17.8 yards

Leicester have averaged shots at 16.7 yards vs the opposition average of 18.1 yards

Sooo... there isn't much difference at all

Lots of stats here
https://fbref.com/en/squads/b74092de/Ipswich-Town-Stats
https://fbref.com/en/squads/a2d435b3/Leicester-City-Stats
[Post edited 3 Mar 8:32]

Many thanks wkj!

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:39 - Mar 3 with 1000 viewsMK1

It does seem like we take a lot of pot shots from distance, but I think that is the plan. When you look at the stats, we are no different to anybody else really, but it does seem that way at times. I have no problem with it, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. You are more likely to get deflections, goalkeeper errors etc. Shoot on sight is ok with me.
Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:41 - Mar 3 with 989 viewswkj

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:36 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Many thanks wkj!

NP, I was drawn to Sam Morsey's average distance of 26.1 (3 gaols)

- but Connor Chaplin has 11 goals averaging around 19.3 yards, that is bloody insane from a player that I wasn't sure about at all for the first few months.

Crybaby

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 973 viewsnorfsufblue

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:39 - Mar 3 by MK1

It does seem like we take a lot of pot shots from distance, but I think that is the plan. When you look at the stats, we are no different to anybody else really, but it does seem that way at times. I have no problem with it, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. You are more likely to get deflections, goalkeeper errors etc. Shoot on sight is ok with me.

It does seem to be a change in policy, I can remember both myself and this board being regularly concerned that we overplayed round the box and didn't shoot enough! .....
Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 968 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:41 - Mar 3 by wkj

- but Connor Chaplin has 11 goals averaging around 19.3 yards, that is bloody insane from a player that I wasn't sure about at all for the first few months.

If there is a theme, or goal routine, that stands out above the rest then it's probably a Leif cutback to Chappers!

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:46 - Mar 3 with 951 viewswkj

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:39 - Mar 3 by MK1

'You can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket' for sure.

However, I love the way we play all around really, nothing used to pish me off more than under Lambert (and Cook to a degree) where we would run deep on the flank and then have to pass back.

In L1 I commented that a lot of goals for other teams (not just against us) you saw on the highlight show were often on the edge of the box and central. KM has a very solid AMC setup in place which helps our wingers get into space rather than dead ends, so the whole system seems improved by having someone who can be brave on the edge of the box, or switch to the wing if there is a gap.
[Post edited 3 Mar 8:47]

Crybaby

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:52 - Mar 3 with 900 viewsMK1

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:44 - Mar 3 by norfsufblue

It does seem to be a change in policy, I can remember both myself and this board being regularly concerned that we overplayed round the box and didn't shoot enough! .....

I remember around me they use to scream, 'we ain't Arsenal, just bl00dy shoot'.
Login to get fewer ads

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 09:10 - Mar 3 with 856 viewsSheffordBlue

We're currently 7th in the League for shots outside the box on 5 per game, which is the same as Southampton. Leeds and Leicester marginally lower on 4.3 per game.

Data from the 'Detailed' tab on here - https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/9622/Stages/22080/Te

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 10:28 - Mar 3 with 721 viewsSawtrich

Anywhere I can get stats on the distance of our goals/shots? on 08:41 - Mar 3 by wkj

Chaplin's average may be skewed by several attempts to lob the keeper from around the halfway line. His more 'normal' (or median average) shooting distance is shorter than 19 yards I would imagine. But, does it really matter? A goal is a goal. Good to keep the opposition guessing by having a number of different strategies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024