Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic evening but need to sort out 22:57 - Mar 5 with 1538 viewsreusersfreekicks

Better penaly taker and penalties
[Post edited 5 Mar 22:58]
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:01 - Mar 5 with 1500 viewsSitfcB

Scored 2/3 tbf

AFC Wimbledon fans did say he wasn’t very good at pens, and at Millwall the pressure was off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:02 - Mar 5 with 1487 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who actually is our first choice taker? We get so few it's hard to remember.

In my head, it's 1. Broadhead, 2. Chaplin. 3. Hirst. Lee Evans I think was a nominated taker at one stage.

I was surprised Al-Hamadi took that tonight. Completely different situation to the Millwall one and I thought he was given the ball that night as a 'Here you are, we're 3 up anyway, bag yourself a goal' gesture.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:04 - Mar 5 with 1457 viewspointofblue

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:02 - Mar 5 by gainsboroughblue

Who actually is our first choice taker? We get so few it's hard to remember.

In my head, it's 1. Broadhead, 2. Chaplin. 3. Hirst. Lee Evans I think was a nominated taker at one stage.

I was surprised Al-Hamadi took that tonight. Completely different situation to the Millwall one and I thought he was given the ball that night as a 'Here you are, we're 3 up anyway, bag yourself a goal' gesture.

Me too. They need to sort that out now. Chaplin should be ahead of Al-Hamidi in the pecking order.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:28 - Mar 5 with 1356 views_clive_baker_

I think if Broadhead is on the pitch then he takes it. Do agree though I must say, at least it didn't cost us tonight but that one was absolute poo.
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:30 - Mar 5 with 1330 viewsVaughan8

I did think who else would you have taking it. Presumably Hirst and Broadhead are the first 2.

Chaplin has missed some.

without seeing them take them I don't know. I'd imagine Taylor would be ok?

I don't think he'll be taking another one soon.
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:32 - Mar 5 with 1309 viewsgainsboroughblue

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:30 - Mar 5 by Vaughan8

I did think who else would you have taking it. Presumably Hirst and Broadhead are the first 2.

Chaplin has missed some.

without seeing them take them I don't know. I'd imagine Taylor would be ok?

I don't think he'll be taking another one soon.

I did wonder if Leif would be a good spot-kick taker.

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:55 - Mar 5 with 1217 viewsSuffolktractor

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:32 - Mar 5 by gainsboroughblue

I did wonder if Leif would be a good spot-kick taker.

Davis such a good striker of a dead ball, I am surprised he doesn’t take them.
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 00:53 - Mar 6 with 1102 viewsnorfsufblue

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 23:55 - Mar 5 by Suffolktractor

Davis such a good striker of a dead ball, I am surprised he doesn’t take them.

Agree with that BUT in that situation I'd had gone with Taylor to just slam the ball hard into the net taking the keeper with it if necessary!...
Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 01:00 - Mar 6 with 1085 viewsgainsboroughblue

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 00:53 - Mar 6 by norfsufblue

Agree with that BUT in that situation I'd had gone with Taylor to just slam the ball hard into the net taking the keeper with it if necessary!...

No because that would mean the keeper getting a touch on it and therefore, another deflected goal.

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 02:53 - Mar 6 with 1013 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

That was a pressure penalty if ever there was one and to go with the youngest and most inexperienced player seemed strange albeit he’s a striker. Leif has the best accuracy in the squad and for a while now it’s seemed strange to me at least he hasn’t been on them.
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 07:49 - Mar 6 with 763 viewsnorfsufblue

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 02:53 - Mar 6 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

That was a pressure penalty if ever there was one and to go with the youngest and most inexperienced player seemed strange albeit he’s a striker. Leif has the best accuracy in the squad and for a while now it’s seemed strange to me at least he hasn’t been on them.

Remember it was a left back that stepped up in that Play off semi in 2000 when we absolutely definitely needed to score !
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 07:55 - Mar 6 with 738 viewsNutkins_Return

Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 02:53 - Mar 6 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

It doesn't just work like that though. Always found Leifs. Composure and shooting when he has had chances on the box has sometimes been surprisingly poor. Rush of blood, composure presumably. Thank God for him last night though. Ali has so much confidence in himself, got it wrong last night but I like the fact he just back himself.
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 08:27 - Mar 6 with 685 viewsBlue_badge

If Ali takes the next one it'll be because he has the confidence to do so (which is needed in those situations) and also because as he said on TV he'll be working his b@ll@cks off, practising penalties in training.
I hope it's this Saturday, it'd be a great moment
Fantastic evening but need to sort out on 08:54 - Mar 6 with 626 viewsHerbivore

As if we'll get another pen this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024