Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucky omens 08:53 - Mar 6 with 846 viewsbritbiker

I'm sure some of you have lucky rituals before a game. Same scarf, pants, touching the Bobby Robson or Sir Alf statues before kick off

My wife has attended two games previously this season based on me advising how many goals we scored (and conceded). I did joke that it is a ritual for some female fans to swing their bras around their heads when we scored. We proceeded not to score in either game.

Last night for comfort reasons only she informed me that she had removed her bra on the way into the ground. At half time things are looking ominous at nil nil.

What a second half. Do I now have a legitimate reason to suggest that this was due to her earlier actions and nothing to do with how the team played. As we all know that's how football actually works, rituals and omens.

,(or am I just a sad old dinosaur)
Lucky omens on 09:11 - Mar 6 with 759 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where do you sit?
Asking for a friend.
Yours,
A Sad Old Dinosaur.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Lucky omens on 09:46 - Mar 6 with 684 viewsglasso

I wore an Ipswich tie for the Norwich game (hospitality w**ker). First time I'd ever worn it but thought I'd make an effort.

Took it off on roughly 60 minutes.

We scored as soon as the knot came undone.

Never wearing it again.
Lucky omens on 10:05 - Mar 6 with 655 viewsBuhrer

I was wearing the entire same outfit (washed) that I'd worn to plymouth. I'm concerned that I will now need to wear this every game.

As for the bra story.... I didnt think it was in any way possible that remembering celebrating that winning goal could be improved, but adding braless ladies jumping around has definitely done it. They're gonna bounce in a minute...
Lucky omens on 11:29 - Mar 6 with 613 viewsSarge

I’ve stopped reading other teams’ forums pre-game, which is why I abruptly stopped my pre match forum previews.

I did one for Leeds at home and we then lost so I decided not to jinx our season and called it a day.

I had a similar stupid-stition when Harry used to do his previews, I’d end up only reading them after the game because of a similar occasion where we lost after I’d read it.
Lucky omens on 11:43 - Mar 6 with 588 viewsHelp

I have so many that I am sure Kmck and the team have nothing to do with us winning. I thought it was just down to me keeping the rituals going. Now I know others have rituals it makes me think none of us dare change what we are doing. So from my lucky clothing
The cup I drink out of match day
The way I sit on my seat at matches. Just take OGAAT.
Lucky omens on 11:45 - Mar 6 with 577 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If we had lost yesterday I would have had something to say about the half time shirt pollution!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Lucky omens on 12:40 - Mar 6 with 547 viewspointofblue

Someone bought me some Ipswich socks at Christmas - have been wearing them for every game since.

I'm not wearing the orange shirt on a match day after doing so for Leeds away, QPR at home and Stoke away.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lucky omens on 12:41 - Mar 6 with 540 viewsKieran_Knows

I always wear a hat for Tuesday night games, but not for weekend games.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Lucky omens on 13:01 - Mar 6 with 514 viewsVanSaParody

I have ITFC pants which arrived in time for last season's PR game v Exeter where we got a 6-0 & promo, so I call them my Portman promotion pants...I wear them matchday Saturdays!

Also, when I used to play, I was a goalie, but through the early 80's, I don't think replica goalie shirts were available, so I've recently bought a plain red long sleeve polo & applied the retro badge (salvaged from an old retro shirt) & found a printer who produced an Adidas trefoil & PIONEER logo in white flock.
As it was red, my wife said she'd pay for all the component parts & I had it for valentine's day
I've worn it for every match since & will continue to do as long as we keep winning!
If we don't, next match I'll try the green one I've also made up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024