Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Bristol City 10:13 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewshype313

Were the most well drilled, organised side to come to PR this season, Manning has got them playing in a very aggressive way, their press was relentless and just didn't give us any oxygen to breath.

Which makes the win even more sweeter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thought Bristol City on 10:19 - Mar 6 with 1483 viewsBluespeed225

Yes, held their shape really well, Omari in particular getting closed down, and we weren’t getting through the middle. This will be a feature of these last 10 games I’m sure! BUT! The management will know this, we have the , skill, guile, squad, and as importantly, the spirit to get over this.
Thought Bristol City on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 1477 viewstractorboy1978

Their fans are right on his back and seem to want him gone.

I agree they were very well drilled/organised but they just got overpowered as the game went on and we brought on the cavalry. They look a side bereft of much genuine quality/depth in key areas to me though. I think if you dropped Twine and a couple of others into that team they could be a genuine top 6 proposition.
Thought Bristol City on 10:44 - Mar 6 with 1398 viewsheavyweight

When the dreaded daÿ comes, we could do worse than getting Manning in as the next manager.
Thought Bristol City on 10:50 - Mar 6 with 1345 viewsWeWereZombies

I noticed at the end of the West Brom game a few of their players just lay down on the turf to recover, last night it was one or two of ours...
[Post edited 6 Mar 10:51]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Thought Bristol City on 11:02 - Mar 6 with 1291 viewsChurchman

I thought they were good. The centre half Dickie was the same size as Moore, just as quick, strong and Moore never got a sniff. They ganged up on Hutchinson and he just had no room to work. Axel’s slow delivery didn’t help, but the BC player on that side was excellent. All over, they worked hard and negated us.

Strangely I thought Davis was a bit ‘off it’ first half. That aged well with two assists and the winning goal. Doh! Luongo? Not great. Morsy - excellent as ever and Harness put himself about. He’s a good player. Morsy though kept driving the team.

They kept at it. The subs were excellent, especially Burns, and by the end were overwhelming BC, but it was a close run thing. Al-Hamadi’s penalty was a pass back, but he’s such a lively, infectious character I could forgive him anything. In attitude he reminds me of Shefki. No fear. Love it.

As for Manning, it’s clear how organised he is and Bristol City would do well to stick with him. He’s not the most charismatic of people, but what does that matter? He’s good at what he does. I rate him and think he’d be a good fit for us should/when KM moves on.
Thought Bristol City on 11:43 - Mar 6 with 1210 viewscressi

Thought Bristol City on 11:02 - Mar 6 by Churchman

I thought they were good. The centre half Dickie was the same size as Moore, just as quick, strong and Moore never got a sniff. They ganged up on Hutchinson and he just had no room to work. Axel’s slow delivery didn’t help, but the BC player on that side was excellent. All over, they worked hard and negated us.

Strangely I thought Davis was a bit ‘off it’ first half. That aged well with two assists and the winning goal. Doh! Luongo? Not great. Morsy - excellent as ever and Harness put himself about. He’s a good player. Morsy though kept driving the team.

They kept at it. The subs were excellent, especially Burns, and by the end were overwhelming BC, but it was a close run thing. Al-Hamadi’s penalty was a pass back, but he’s such a lively, infectious character I could forgive him anything. In attitude he reminds me of Shefki. No fear. Love it.

As for Manning, it’s clear how organised he is and Bristol City would do well to stick with him. He’s not the most charismatic of people, but what does that matter? He’s good at what he does. I rate him and think he’d be a good fit for us should/when KM moves on.

Funny I predicted the subs a few minutes before they happened including Clarke. Burns came on and every ball beyond Bristols defence caused them massive issues he was strong quick and direct. Thought Moore was poor all game poor touch hardly won a header . Ali gave us much more in his half hour thank god we did well during the January transfer window.
Thought Bristol City on 11:44 - Mar 6 with 1197 viewsHelp

Liam manning init. Decent manager.
Thought Bristol City on 11:45 - Mar 6 with 1191 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looked pretty good to me. Had clearly worked on a plan to counter us and exploit the space we left. Closed down well and restricted us and had lots of energy. Mehmeti was a thorn in our side, so genuine quality there.

But we had another gear.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Thought Bristol City on 14:37 - Mar 6 with 967 viewsBloomBlue

Manning had them well organised.

I also assume they most have a few injuries as they only named 7 subs, instead of the normal 9
Thought Bristol City on 15:13 - Mar 6 with 869 viewsDJR

Thought Bristol City on 14:37 - Mar 6 by BloomBlue

Manning had them well organised.

I also assume they most have a few injuries as they only named 7 subs, instead of the normal 9

I thought it was more than organisation because they retained possession and moved the ball well for much of the game, creating in the process some excellent chances which could have left them out of sighr. Indeed, it was only after the second equaliser that we rather overwhelmed them.
Thought Bristol City on 15:13 - Mar 6 with 870 viewsbournemouthblue

Sky were saying they have the 5th best defence in the league I think so they're clearly quite a stubborn side to get through

All their midfielders looked quite mobile which caused problems for Luongo particularly. They marked Chaplin out of the first half really until Burns came on, that running in behind then created that extra space for him to operate again.

We'll definitely need more pace in the middle of we get to the Prem.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thought Bristol City on 15:42 - Mar 6 with 798 viewsbournemouthblue

Thought Bristol City on 11:02 - Mar 6 by Churchman

Davis was definitely off it first half, he got into a few decent positions but either took a poor touch or played a poor pass.

It was the side they had a bit more joy on top.

He wrestled the game back into our hands but made a dreadful mistake for their second goal.

If we get to the Prem, we're surely going to bring a defensively capable left back, with a bit more physicality than Leif as cover. A PL Greg Leigh essentially.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024