Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? 10:30 - Mar 6 with 5879 viewsSamWhiteUK

We all know that this team never give up and never know when they're beaten. But who is responsible for that? Is it McKenna and his coaching staff? Should credit go to the recruitment team and process for identifying players with the right personality credentials? Sam Morsy for his leadership and drive? How have we ended up with such a terrific bunch who would go to war for one another?

I know the reality is going to be a mix of everything, but it's not hard to imagine a scenario where you have a great amount of talent in a squad that would lose games like last night's, or draw vs Rotherham.

Discuss.
Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 1486 viewsMattinLondon

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:10 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

When I was a wee 'un, I used to think that a baby horse was a pony, and an old horse was a donkey.

Actually, what is a pony? Does such a thing exist?

Ponies look like this

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 1485 viewsLeoMuff

Think it’s a combination of winning lots of games breeds that never say die attitude, picking the right mentality of player, Kmac tactics, fitness, maybe the psychologist as well.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 1470 viewsDubtractor

Answering the question, rather than the Crazee distraction, I think everything about how we are as a team starts with McKenna. It's his coaching staff, his players, his training. We've obviously done a good job of recruiting good characters, but it's down to Mckenna to get it all working week after week.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 1433 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone. A small number mocked the running towards adversity thing but it seems to be worked.

Who knows what impact working with the likes of Jason Schechterle has on the squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:37 - Mar 6 with 1432 viewsMattinLondon

I think that a number of the squad are in the process of completing their UEFA coaching badges which shows a willingness and desire to learn. Maybe this has led the players to develop a greater understanding on the pitch?
Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:38 - Mar 6 with 1432 viewsBlueBoots

When you think about the player churn we had during the banter era, dozens of loanees in and out of the club, players who came here to tread water in their careers because that's what the club was doing too and there was no ambition / expectations - that filtered down from an owner who ended up doing the bare minimum to keep the club going.

Continuity is responsible for the mentality...the club is now rock solid from ownership through coaching staff to the squad. We recruit our own players with a long term plan, and we recruit loanees only when absolutely necessary to give us something we can't get / afford into our squad (or cover for injuries). At the end of every transfer window, we've made a few shrewd signings to evolve the squad, and we quickly identify any players who are unhappy, dropped below the levels we need, or are approaching running their course with us to make room for these signings. That's where the mentality comes from...a settled squad that all fight for eachother, and knowing that if you can't keep up you're going to get left behind; we have 2 massive indicators of that in the number of goals scored by our substitutes, and the points we've picked up from losing positions - footballers always want to start games, but when we bring players off the bench you can tell they are desperate to make an impact as much for their teammates as themselves.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 1422 viewsNthQldITFC

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:18 - Mar 6 by Tractorgirlforever

A pony is just a type of small horse, not sure if a horse has to be under a certain height to be a pony but yes theres definitely such a thing!

What about a zebra - how are you gonna convince me that that's a real thing?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:51 - Mar 6 with 1405 viewsMattinLondon

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:41 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

What about a zebra - how are you gonna convince me that that's a real thing?

Challenge accepted. This is a zebra
Login to get fewer ads

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 1358 viewsWeWereZombies

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:51 - Mar 6 by MattinLondon

And the poised right front hoof shows that a ball has just been delivered so it is also a zebra crossing...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 1339 viewsquad

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 17:55 - Mar 6 by bluelagos

Ffs - I reckon he's a horse looking at some pics.

This is bad, like discovering Father Christmas is a fake when you're 5.

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 20:28 - Mar 6 with 1308 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:20 - Mar 6 by MattinLondon

Ponies look like this

In honour of the late great Dalai Farmer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 1294 viewsJ2BLUE

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 20:28 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

In honour of the late great Dalai Farmer.

Blue Lagos, that's a HORSE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:27 - Mar 6 with 1238 viewsRyorry

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:18 - Mar 6 by Tractorgirlforever

A pony is just a type of small horse, not sure if a horse has to be under a certain height to be a pony but yes theres definitely such a thing!

Ponies have to be under 15hh (hands high) I think from memory. A hand is 4 inches. Measured at the withers (small bump where neck meets top of shoulder).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:30 - Mar 6 with 1231 viewsRyorry

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 20:39 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

Blue Lagos, that's a HORSE

Foal.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:35 - Mar 6 with 1218 viewsWeWereZombies

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:30 - Mar 6 by Ryorry

Foal.

Bit harsh...

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:44 - Mar 6 with 1187 viewsacj

This thread is everything that is good about twtd.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:57 - Mar 6 with 1161 viewsNthQldITFC

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:57 - Mar 6 by WeWereZombies

And the poised right front hoof shows that a ball has just been delivered so it is also a zebra crossing...

To be serious for a minute, that's quite obviously just a horse/pony in a stripey blanket.

The thing that I can never remember is: Is it the zebra or the unicorn which is the mythical beast?

('Mythical' might be too strong a word, but I'm pretty sure that at least one of them has never been seen in public.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 00:31 - Mar 7 with 1107 viewsWeWereZombies

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:57 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

To be serious for a minute, that's quite obviously just a horse/pony in a stripey blanket.

The thing that I can never remember is: Is it the zebra or the unicorn which is the mythical beast?

('Mythical' might be too strong a word, but I'm pretty sure that at least one of them has never been seen in public.)

As it happens I saw quite a few zebra last months so my hunch is that the unicorn is mythical...but maybe I am just being a bit woke ?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 06:59 - Mar 7 with 1036 viewsnoggin

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 18:06 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

Agree - it would be barking.

It would certainly setter precedent.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 07:12 - Mar 7 with 1015 viewsMattinLondon

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 22:57 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

This morning I was minding my business and I happened to see this zebra rainbow unicorn. I’m not zoological expert but I understand that these beautiful animals are quite rare and very shy. Luckily I just had enough time to take my phone out of my pocket and take a photo.
Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 07:35 - Mar 7 with 995 viewsBluespeed225

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 17:25 - Mar 6 by bluelagos

Er, isn't that Bluey? Crazee is the dog with shades on.

*Can't believe we are discussing which of our mascots might be responsible for the mentality of the Towen team but there we are.

I always thought he was another horse! Crazee Horses and that.?
[Post edited 7 Mar 7:43]
Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 07:39 - Mar 7 with 989 viewsBluespeed225

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:01 - Mar 6 by Tractorgirlforever

Crazee is the girl horse and bluey a boy horse!

Craze is a girl?!! This thread is throwing the whole thing off it’s axis!
Mark Ashton, essentially, for hiring the key staff on 08:20 - Mar 7 with 961 viewsDyland

Don't tell Brizzle though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 08:29 - Mar 7 with 952 viewsgiant_stow

From the outside, it's impressive. 6 or 7 games ago. I thought you lot were looking like choking, but to ciem back from that is promotion hardness. Coming to terms with it now!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

LOLLERS on 08:29 - Mar 7 with 950 viewsDyland

Who is responsible for the mentality at Ipswich Town? on 19:51 - Mar 6 by MattinLondon

hahahahahaha!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024