Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move 10:32 - Mar 13 with 14899 viewsMattinLondon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68552407

The Tories have sunk to even lower - wonder how low they can go.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:31 - Mar 13 with 1349 viewsWhos_blue

And Sunak has the audacity to call out Rayner for calling the Tories "scum".
I think they got off lightly.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:37 - Mar 13 with 1326 viewsGlasgowBlue

I struggle at the thought that somebody holds these sort of beliefs. That he actually sad them out loud demonstrates what a vile specimen this individual is.

At the very least the Tories should forward on any donations that they received from Hester to charities who are at the forefront of fighting racism. He should also be prosecuted for hate speech.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:38 - Mar 13 with 1326 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:53 - Mar 13 by ChorleyBoy

It's good to see we are following the US model where we feel compelled to vote for the spineless puppet to put an end to the outrageously evil party.

Democracy is dead. Long live democracy!

Yeah but Starmer. You daft Koont.

Iron Lion Zion

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 19:03 - Mar 13 with 1295 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:32 - Mar 13 by DJR

Stephen Flynn was good on this, especially the quote below.

Stephen Flynn, the SNP leader at Westminster, says the Tories have taken money from someone who says an MP should be shot.

Sunak says the gentleman has apologised.

Flynn says he apologised for being rude. He goes on:

"He wasn’t rude. He was racist. He was odious, and he was downright bloody dangerous."

He suggests the extremism that the government should address is in the Conservative party.

You’re out of touch with the times buh.

Shooting black female MPs = fine
Calling MPs who treat vulnerable people with contempt ‘scum’ = punishable offence (presumably by aforementioned shooting?)

It’s frightening how hard some people find it to just be decent and vaguely considerate. Tribal loyalties, power and money seem to turn them into animals (and that’s not necessarily restricted to the Tories, even if they do provide the most examples).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 19:13 - Mar 13 with 1267 viewsChorleyBoy

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:38 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah but Starmer. You daft Koont.

You okay, Petal?
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 21:16 - Mar 13 with 1190 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:53 - Mar 13 by ChorleyBoy

It's good to see we are following the US model where we feel compelled to vote for the spineless puppet to put an end to the outrageously evil party.

Democracy is dead. Long live democracy!

Fancy that, Chorler is here to defend the Tories.

What is it you like best? The increasingly open bigotry, the corruption, the criminality or the incompetence?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 21:59 - Mar 13 with 1154 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I get the furore over the comments. He even prefaced them with "I try not to be racist or misogynistic but ..." which means a) he knew he was being both, b) he doesn't really make any effort not to be either.

However, the even bigger issue which seems to be widely accepted without the blink of an eye is the obvious corruption.

The man runs a company that has received £135 million government NHS contracts. He donates £10 million to the party of government. How can this obvious, open corruption get nodded through without even the blink of an eye?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 22:25 - Mar 13 with 1121 viewsChorleyBoy

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 21:16 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

Fancy that, Chorler is here to defend the Tories.

What is it you like best? The increasingly open bigotry, the corruption, the criminality or the incompetence?

Clueless. I described the Tories as the "the outrageously evil party" - I'm not sure how that is defending them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I dislike all of them: from George Galloway to the BNP via Labour, the Greens and the Tory Party. The Republicans and the Democrats too. Western democracy is a sham and has been for as long as I can remember.

I think it's laughable (and also rather sad) that so many on this forum pin their hopes on any of them.

But keep trying to pin something hateful on me.
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 23:12 - Mar 13 with 1069 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 22:25 - Mar 13 by ChorleyBoy

Clueless. I described the Tories as the "the outrageously evil party" - I'm not sure how that is defending them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I dislike all of them: from George Galloway to the BNP via Labour, the Greens and the Tory Party. The Republicans and the Democrats too. Western democracy is a sham and has been for as long as I can remember.

I think it's laughable (and also rather sad) that so many on this forum pin their hopes on any of them.

But keep trying to pin something hateful on me.
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:04]

I doubt that many on here pin their hopes on any politician to gallop to the rescue. But I’m pretty confident that Keir Starmer will be a cut above the present Tory Administration. And I’m sure that if he’s elected as PM, he’ll respect the position and afford it the dignity that it deserves.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:32 - Mar 13 with 1048 viewsChorleyBoy

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 23:12 - Mar 13 by MattinLondon

I doubt that many on here pin their hopes on any politician to gallop to the rescue. But I’m pretty confident that Keir Starmer will be a cut above the present Tory Administration. And I’m sure that if he’s elected as PM, he’ll respect the position and afford it the dignity that it deserves.

Like I said in my first post which caused a few people with their two-party-paradigm-glasses on to miss the point entirely: Starmer will get in because the alternative is so cartoonishly objectionable. And the voters will be disappointed when they realise that Starmer also is owned by some entity/entities which have no interest in the people of Britain.
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:38]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 23:35 - Mar 13 with 1041 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 21:59 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I get the furore over the comments. He even prefaced them with "I try not to be racist or misogynistic but ..." which means a) he knew he was being both, b) he doesn't really make any effort not to be either.

However, the even bigger issue which seems to be widely accepted without the blink of an eye is the obvious corruption.

The man runs a company that has received £135 million government NHS contracts. He donates £10 million to the party of government. How can this obvious, open corruption get nodded through without even the blink of an eye?

I’m not sure which is the biggest issue, but you’re right about the corruption. It probably doesn’t matter which is worst; rampant corruption/cronyism, racism and inciting violence against anyone shouldn’t have a place in public life (in any life).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:46 - Mar 14 with 959 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:32 - Mar 13 by ChorleyBoy

Like I said in my first post which caused a few people with their two-party-paradigm-glasses on to miss the point entirely: Starmer will get in because the alternative is so cartoonishly objectionable. And the voters will be disappointed when they realise that Starmer also is owned by some entity/entities which have no interest in the people of Britain.
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:38]

Who are these “entities which have no interest in the people of Britain” that “own” Starmer?

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:43 - Mar 14 with 916 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:46 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

Who are these “entities which have no interest in the people of Britain” that “own” Starmer?

My guess would be business/corporations.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:45 - Mar 14 with 903 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:43 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

My guess would be business/corporations.

Thanks but I was asking Chorley. He made the statement.

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:55 - Mar 14 with 869 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:45 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

Thanks but I was asking Chorley. He made the statement.

I realise that but it is interesting that you have jumped to the conclusion that you clearly have!

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:14 - Mar 14 with 839 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:55 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

I realise that but it is interesting that you have jumped to the conclusion that you clearly have!

The only person jumping to conclusions is you. You have answered on Charley’s behalf. I want aware yiu had psychic abilities.

He made a statement and I asked him to clarify what entities owned Starmer. As I understand it, Starmer is the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party and isn’t owned by anyone,

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:30 - Mar 14 with 798 viewsChorleyBoy

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:46 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

Energy companies for a start.

If you want, I can link you to a page of all Starmer's u-turns and broken promises and you can work out for yourself the reason for them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:37 - Mar 14 with 790 viewsChorleyBoy

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:14 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

The only person jumping to conclusions is you. You have answered on Charley’s behalf. I want aware yiu had psychic abilities.

He made a statement and I asked him to clarify what entities owned Starmer. As I understand it, Starmer is the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party and isn’t owned by anyone,

That's right GB, all democratically elected people all over the world are free from corruption and outside influence. Furthermore, they all do what they promise they'll do for those who voted for them. And to remove people from power it's really difficult because the opposition has to be even better at pleasing the electorate. That's why democracies are so great, life for the people just improves all the time.
[Post edited 14 Mar 8:42]
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:38 - Mar 14 with 788 viewsChorleyBoy

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:55 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

If you're a hammer, all you will see is nails.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:54 - Mar 14 with 763 viewsDJR

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:20 - Mar 13 by Mullet

The spineless puppet being Sir Keir Starmer who stood up to the Corbynistas in the party and is moving back towards a centre ground that might entice the debate, a large chunk of the population away from fringe views and extremism?

Feel free to explain the soundbites.

Starmer has been rather spineless, though, in brushing under the carpet the Forde Report which looked into racism, Islamophobia and sexism within the Party. That spinelessness is obviously driven by the fact that the officials involved support Starmer.

Diane Abbott has a column in today's Guardian which indicates the part of the report which dealt with her.

"But sadly, racism in politics is not just a matter for any one political party. In 2022, the Forde Report – commissioned by Keir Starmer – into allegations of racism, sexism and bullying in the Labour party was finally published. Martin Forde himself is a distinguished King’s counsel. His report set out how abusive senior Labour party officials were about me in their WhatsApp groups. Among other things, they said that “[Diane Abbott] literally makes me sick” and that I was “truly repulsive”.

The report went on to point out that the criticisms of me by these senior Labour staff were “not simply a harsh response to perceived poor performance – they are expressions of visceral disgust, drawing (consciously or otherwise) on racist tropes, and they bear little resemblance to the criticisms of white male MPs elsewhere in the messages”. They did not actually call for me to be shot but the tenor was not dissimilar to what Hester said. However, to this day none of the individuals concerned have apologised to me, and the Labour party has not apologised to me personally."

And this from a Guardian article last year indicates that the Party hadn't even contact Forde to discuss his recommendations.

"Forde expressed shock that no one from Labour had engaged with him after he published the report to discuss his recommendations further. “I had limited communications with David Evans [the party’s] general secretary but that was about general housekeeping. I have spoken to a caucus of black Labour MPs in the Commons,” he said, but otherwise claimed he had not spoken to any party officials. “These are serious debates that need to be had in a respectful context and I just feel there’s work to be done.”

The former shadow chancellor John McDonnell said the “vast majority” of Labour members would find Forde’s accusations “deeply worrying and will want a serious response from all those holding leading positions in the party”.

Kate Osamor, a former shadow minister, added: “The Forde report was a call to action. It must not be ignored. Unless something changes, the party risks becoming a hostile environment for black and ethnic minority members.”
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:05]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:06 - Mar 14 with 735 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:54 - Mar 14 by DJR

Starmer has been rather spineless, though, in brushing under the carpet the Forde Report which looked into racism, Islamophobia and sexism within the Party. That spinelessness is obviously driven by the fact that the officials involved support Starmer.

Diane Abbott has a column in today's Guardian which indicates the part of the report which dealt with her.

"But sadly, racism in politics is not just a matter for any one political party. In 2022, the Forde Report – commissioned by Keir Starmer – into allegations of racism, sexism and bullying in the Labour party was finally published. Martin Forde himself is a distinguished King’s counsel. His report set out how abusive senior Labour party officials were about me in their WhatsApp groups. Among other things, they said that “[Diane Abbott] literally makes me sick” and that I was “truly repulsive”.

The report went on to point out that the criticisms of me by these senior Labour staff were “not simply a harsh response to perceived poor performance – they are expressions of visceral disgust, drawing (consciously or otherwise) on racist tropes, and they bear little resemblance to the criticisms of white male MPs elsewhere in the messages”. They did not actually call for me to be shot but the tenor was not dissimilar to what Hester said. However, to this day none of the individuals concerned have apologised to me, and the Labour party has not apologised to me personally."

And this from a Guardian article last year indicates that the Party hadn't even contact Forde to discuss his recommendations.

"Forde expressed shock that no one from Labour had engaged with him after he published the report to discuss his recommendations further. “I had limited communications with David Evans [the party’s] general secretary but that was about general housekeeping. I have spoken to a caucus of black Labour MPs in the Commons,” he said, but otherwise claimed he had not spoken to any party officials. “These are serious debates that need to be had in a respectful context and I just feel there’s work to be done.”

The former shadow chancellor John McDonnell said the “vast majority” of Labour members would find Forde’s accusations “deeply worrying and will want a serious response from all those holding leading positions in the party”.

Kate Osamor, a former shadow minister, added: “The Forde report was a call to action. It must not be ignored. Unless something changes, the party risks becoming a hostile environment for black and ethnic minority members.”
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:05]

Damning.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:15 - Mar 14 with 712 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:32 - Mar 13 by DJR

Stephen Flynn was good on this, especially the quote below.

Stephen Flynn, the SNP leader at Westminster, says the Tories have taken money from someone who says an MP should be shot.

Sunak says the gentleman has apologised.

Flynn says he apologised for being rude. He goes on:

"He wasn’t rude. He was racist. He was odious, and he was downright bloody dangerous."

He suggests the extremism that the government should address is in the Conservative party.

Yes, it was interesting to see that Sunak at PMQs was banging on about extremists and the threat they pose to our democracy. For me, a bigger threat to our democracy is our government being in hock to a wealthy individual to the tune of £10m and being so indebted to that individual that they have been piss weak in calling out and acting on racist and threatening language he has used towards an MP.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:26 - Mar 14 with 677 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:30 - Mar 14 by ChorleyBoy

Energy companies for a start.

If you want, I can link you to a page of all Starmer's u-turns and broken promises and you can work out for yourself the reason for them.

Changing circumstances in the economy which leads to shelving policies that were previous aspirations is not evidence of somebody being “owned by entities”.

Iron Lion Zion

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:28 - Mar 14 with 664 viewsDJR

More spinelessness from Labour on Gove's new definition of extremism.

Asked if Labour would not adopt the policy, Darren Jones said: “Well it looks like he’s doing it today, and so if we win the next election we will inherit the status quo, but I do have concerns around the process and the checks and balances here.”

And interesting to hear Lord Mann's take on it on the Today Programme.

"Bringing communities together should be the “priority” in government, its independent adviser on antisemitism has said, reports the Press Association (PA).

Asked whether the government’s new extremism definition was a mistake, John Mann told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme:

I think that the government needs to listen to people who are advising that the politics of division will not work.

The Jewish community is under tremendous harassment and the hassle at the moment, feels very bombarded by everything.

Bringing communities together is the key role of government, so that should be the priority. There’s certainly been some move in that direction – I think pressures from Conservative backbench MPs are playing out.

But anything that leads to division amongst communities is bad for the country; is bad for the politics of the country.”

Mann, a former Labour MP, said a number of Conservative MPs were concerned that “the politics of division doesn’t work electorally” and that “there isn’t even a voting dividend in doing it”.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:32 - Mar 14 with 646 viewsBlueschev

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:15 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

Yes, it was interesting to see that Sunak at PMQs was banging on about extremists and the threat they pose to our democracy. For me, a bigger threat to our democracy is our government being in hock to a wealthy individual to the tune of £10m and being so indebted to that individual that they have been piss weak in calling out and acting on racist and threatening language he has used towards an MP.

The biggest threat I can see at the moment is the most authoritarian government we've ever had dictating to the country what is and what is not "extremist". Michael Gove is a very dangerous man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024