Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sun newspaper 20:56 - Mar 16 with 3793 viewsTractorgirlforever

Hi, does anyone have the alton towers tickets code out of todays sun newspaper please. Im meant to be collecting them for my daughter but i forgot to buy the paper today. Thanks
Sun newspaper on 07:58 - Mar 18 with 1035 viewsjayessess

Sun newspaper on 07:46 - Mar 18 by textbackup

Grow up. It’s for a cheap day out. People moan about the cost of living then moan if a paper does a good deal

Yeah, grow up, ethics are for children!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sun newspaper on 08:14 - Mar 18 with 1017 viewsZx1988

Sun newspaper on 07:58 - Mar 18 by jayessess

Yeah, grow up, ethics are for children!

Robert Redford would have saved a hell of a lot of money in Indecent Proposal if he'd realised all it would take was two tickets to a mid-range theme park.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sun newspaper on 08:20 - Mar 18 with 1002 viewsZx1988

Sun newspaper on 06:19 - Mar 18 by Tractorgirlforever

I only wanted a code for alton towers!, didnt intend to start a debate!. Ive rarely ever bought a newspaper in my life of any sort, ive no idea for the reasons behind the 'dont buy the sun newspaper'. Im sure it must be political but im not into politics so would it be ok if i was to go into a shop and look at the alton towers code without actually buying the paper!..

This is why true football fans don't buy the S*n:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-the-sun-is-hated-by-liverpool-fans--banned-i

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sun newspaper on 08:42 - Mar 18 with 975 viewsLeaky

I only wanted a code for alton towers!, didnt intend to start a debate!. Ive rarely ever bought a newspaper in my life of any sort, ive no idea for the reasons behind the 'dont buy the sun newspaper'. Im sure it must be political but im not into politics so would it be ok if i was to go into a shop and look at the alton towers code without actually buying the paper!..

It's a problem you get when one version of politics takes over football forum. Hope your family enjoy there day out.
Sun newspaper on 09:01 - Mar 18 with 945 viewsbluelagos

You are free to buy any paper you choose, that goes without saying.

But it you think those who highlight the scumy nature of that rag do so for political reasons is to miss the reason many people, myself included think it a peice of sh1t and wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

The rag was central to helping a group of corrupt police officers spread lies about the behaviour of Liverpool fans at Hillsborough. The very fans who had been heros, rescueing the lives of many of their fellow fans after escaping near death themselves where then subjected to malicious claims from police officers that they had stolen from the dead, urinated on police trying to help people etc.

The lies were intended to discredit and smear the fans and so to support the police and their lies as they desperately tried to avoid responsibility for their killing 97 innocent people.

That many people chose to buy that scumy rag knowing it's role in the cover up acting as a mouthpiece for corrupt SY policemen is for them. But hiding behind politics is to miss the point why many boycott the rag.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sun newspaper on 09:04 - Mar 18 with 932 viewsTractorgirlforever

Sun newspaper on 09:01 - Mar 18 by bluelagos

But it you think those who highlight the scumy nature of that rag do so for political reasons is to miss the reason many people, myself included think it a peice of sh1t and wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

The rag was central to helping a group of corrupt police officers spread lies about the behaviour of Liverpool fans at Hillsborough. The very fans who had been heros, rescueing the lives of many of their fellow fans after escaping near death themselves where then subjected to malicious claims from police officers that they had stolen from the dead, urinated on police trying to help people etc.

The lies were intended to discredit and smear the fans and so to support the police and their lies as they desperately tried to avoid responsibility for their killing 97 innocent people.

That many people chose to buy that scumy rag knowing it's role in the cover up acting as a mouthpiece for corrupt SY policemen is for them. But hiding behind politics is to miss the point why many boycott the rag.

Ah ok, i wasnt aware of any of this
Sun newspaper on 09:06 - Mar 18 with 926 viewsLeaky

I don't think, if my memory serves correctly that the Sun was the only newspaper guilty of this. The Hillsborough reporting & the phone hacking scandal is the reason I refuse to buy any newspaper.
Sun newspaper on 09:19 - Mar 18 with 908 viewsbluelagos

Sun newspaper on 09:06 - Mar 18 by Leaky

I don't think, if my memory serves correctly that the Sun was the only newspaper guilty of this. The Hillsborough reporting & the phone hacking scandal is the reason I refuse to buy any newspaper.

So the story ran by Whites news agency was offered to sll newspapers.

Most chose not to report the police lies. The Mail and Yorkshire post ran them along the lines of "Police have claimed..."

The Scum ran them as facts, front page under the headline "The Truth"

So the Scum wasnt alone in running the story, but it was alone in presenting it all, presenting it as fact, under the headline it did. And it's editor MacKenzie continued to blame fans for years in the media, such as on Question time. At least one survivor committed suicide after that TV appearance.

Scumy rag only defended by people ignorant of its history or supportive of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Sun newspaper on 09:24 - Mar 18 with 884 viewstextbackup

I hope they didn’t also joke about having someone’s grandma to die first in a sweepstake. Would be incredibly low of them to do that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sun newspaper on 09:27 - Mar 18 with 880 viewsTractorgirlforever

Sun newspaper on 08:20 - Mar 18 by Zx1988

This is why true football fans don't buy the S*n:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-the-sun-is-hated-by-liverpool-fans--banned-i

Ive never previously bought the sun but if i did to get the alton towers codes i dont think it would mean i wasnt a real football fan. I think supporting the town for 45 years and travelling 3 hours to get to home games and many miles to get to away games makes me a real football fan
Sun newspaper on 09:30 - Mar 18 with 871 viewsbluelagos

Sun newspaper on 09:24 - Mar 18 by textbackup

I hope they didn’t also joke about having someone’s grandma to die first in a sweepstake. Would be incredibly low of them to do that

You'll have to try a lot harder if you want to wind me up Texters. Enjoy your day.

Ignore ridiculous comments like that one..... on 09:40 - Mar 18 with 851 viewsBloots

Sun newspaper on 09:27 - Mar 18 by Tractorgirlforever

Ive never previously bought the sun but if i did to get the alton towers codes i dont think it would mean i wasnt a real football fan. I think supporting the town for 45 years and travelling 3 hours to get to home games and many miles to get to away games makes me a real football fan

....you are free to do exactly what you want, and trying to save your family a few quid in whatever way you want has no bearing on your standing as a football fan!

Bluelagos has eloquently outlined the valid reasons why he and other people don't feel comfortable buying the Sun.

But ultimately the decision is yours and you shouldn't be criticised for making it, whatever it is.

Have a great day, and I hope you get your cheap tickets!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Sun newspaper on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 842 viewsSwansea_Blue

My copy doesn't have any

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No need to apologise, you're correct..... on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 832 viewsGlasgowBlue

No need to apologise, you're correct..... on 20:23 - Mar 17 by mutters

This is one of those exceptions imo.

“I believe in freedom and equality for all people, and I will fight for that right until my dying day. Unless the people make a choice I don’t agree with of course”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No need to apologise, you're correct..... on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 814 viewsDJR

No need to apologise, you're correct..... on 09:42 - Mar 18 by GlasgowBlue

“I believe in freedom and equality for all people, and I will fight for that right until my dying day. Unless the people make a choice I don’t agree with of course”.

Without wishing to get too philosophical, perhaps John Stuart Mill put it best.

"If men were like ants, there would be no interest in human freedom. If individual men, like ants, were uniform, interchangeable, devoid of specific personality traits of their own, then who would care whether they were free or not? Who, indeed, would care if they lived or died? The glory of the human race is the uniqueness of each individual, the fact that every person, though similar in many ways to others, possesses a completely individuated personality of his own. It is the fact of each person’s uniqueness — the fact that no two people can be wholly interchangeable — that makes each and every man irreplaceable and that makes us care whether he lives or dies, whether he is happy or oppressed. And, finally, it is the fact that these unique personalities need freedom for their full development that constitutes one of the major arguments for a free society…. Every man must have freedom, must have the scope to form, test, and act upon his own choices for any sort of development of his own personality to take place. He must, in short, be free in order that he may be fully human."
[Post edited 18 Mar 9:52]
Sun newspaper on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 800 viewsGlasgowBlue

Grow up. It’s for a cheap day out. People moan about the cost of living then moan if a paper does a good deal

I bet the poor woman wishes she'd never asked the question now. She's trying to a get a coupon so she can give her family a day out at Alton Towers in these hard times and she's made to feel like "Tory Scum".
[Post edited 18 Mar 10:08]

Iron Lion Zion

Sun newspaper on 09:53 - Mar 18 with 788 viewsGlasgowBlue

You really don't have to justify yourself to the self appointed guardians of morality on TWTD.

Iron Lion Zion

Sun newspaper on 09:58 - Mar 18 with 783 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sun newspaper on 09:51 - Mar 18 by GlasgowBlue

I bet the poor woman wishes she'd never asked the question now. She's trying to a get a coupon so she can give her family a day out at Alton Towers in these hard times and she's made to feel like "Tory Scum".

It's the Paul Lambert avatar that's tipped people over the edge... Def info.

She's also not a "true football fan".... on 09:58 - Mar 18 with 785 viewsBloots

Sun newspaper on 09:51 - Mar 18 by GlasgowBlue

.....apparently.

This place really is awful sometimes.

Certain posters totally lack social skills and are devoid of any emotional intelligence at all.

Either that or they are just divs.

FFS, this place.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Sun newspaper on 10:03 - Mar 18 with 773 viewsTractorgirlforever

Sun newspaper on 09:58 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

It's the Paul Lambert avatar that's tipped people over the edge... Def info.

Lol..ive tried to change that many times but i cant get rid of it other pictures just wont upload!
Sun newspaper on 10:13 - Mar 18 with 758 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sun newspaper on 10:03 - Mar 18 by Tractorgirlforever

Lol..ive tried to change that many times but i cant get rid of it other pictures just wont upload!

God, imagine being stuck with lambert forever 😱

I think there's a trick to changing it. You probably need to upload and then sign out and back in again. Or if that doesn't work, clear the browser cache.

Sun newspaper on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 642 viewsmutters

Completely understand, and I can see why you would want that.

There has been a very good explanation on the thread about the Sun, what they did and why people should avoid putting money in their pockets. You are of course free to do what you want to do but you are now aware of the strong anti Sun feelings. Buying it does not make you any less of a football fan at all.

The irony here (or is bronzey or silvery?) is that some people telling you to do what you want are the same people who will shout at people for buying the Daily Mail, or for Voting Tory. People are often in their camp and can not see outside it.

Personally, I lived in Liverpool for several years and saw the impact of the Hillsborough and the on going fight with the Sun to clear the names of good people where they consistently denied any wrongdoing. That along with their appalling journalistic standards I refuse to have anything to do with them and will continue to challenge people who do. Its clear you had no idea about the history before this thread and why this generates so much passion.

I have had similar ongoing conversations with my parents because they always bought the Daily Mail. It took a while but they eventually understood why I disliked that paper so much.

If you decide to buy the sun to get vouchers then I hope you and your family have a nice day out. Alton Towers is a lot of fun. You can often find good deals on the side of cereal packets just for reference, 2 for 1 etc which is another path to go for good deals.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Sun newspaper on 12:09 - Mar 18 with 633 viewsslump

Grow up?

UTT

Sun newspaper on 12:35 - Mar 18 with 596 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Sun newspaper on 12:04 - Mar 18 by mutters

Completely understand, and I can see why you would want that.

There has been a very good explanation on the thread about the Sun, what they did and why people should avoid putting money in their pockets. You are of course free to do what you want to do but you are now aware of the strong anti Sun feelings. Buying it does not make you any less of a football fan at all.

The irony here (or is bronzey or silvery?) is that some people telling you to do what you want are the same people who will shout at people for buying the Daily Mail, or for Voting Tory. People are often in their camp and can not see outside it.

Personally, I lived in Liverpool for several years and saw the impact of the Hillsborough and the on going fight with the Sun to clear the names of good people where they consistently denied any wrongdoing. That along with their appalling journalistic standards I refuse to have anything to do with them and will continue to challenge people who do. Its clear you had no idea about the history before this thread and why this generates so much passion.

I have had similar ongoing conversations with my parents because they always bought the Daily Mail. It took a while but they eventually understood why I disliked that paper so much.

If you decide to buy the sun to get vouchers then I hope you and your family have a nice day out. Alton Towers is a lot of fun. You can often find good deals on the side of cereal packets just for reference, 2 for 1 etc which is another path to go for good deals.

“ can often find good deals on the side of cereal packets just for reference, 2 for 1 etc which is another path to go for good deals”

I dunno - have you seen the price of cereal these days, it’s probably cheaper to buy Alton Towers tickets than a box of Crunchy nut..
Sun newspaper on 12:53 - Mar 18 with 576 viewsmutters

Sun newspaper on 12:35 - Mar 18 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ can often find good deals on the side of cereal packets just for reference, 2 for 1 etc which is another path to go for good deals”

I dunno - have you seen the price of cereal these days, it’s probably cheaper to buy Alton Towers tickets than a box of Crunchy nut..

Spot on!! Bonkers how much its gone up! I have had to resort to eating fresh food as the processed stuff is now so expensive. ;-)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024