Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it 10:47 - Mar 18 with 1123 viewsVic

Over the last 12 games Town and that lot have exactly the same points; we have a one goal goal better GD!

Nip and tuck - it really is too close to call on form.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 10:51 - Mar 18 with 1093 viewsdavblue

Think they would be favourites, at home, their form their is good we haven’t won there for ages and we don’t have a particularly good record there over the last 30 years either.

But all of that can change and we are due one.
The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 10:59 - Mar 18 with 1050 viewshoppy

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 10:51 - Mar 18 by davblue

Think they would be favourites, at home, their form their is good we haven’t won there for ages and we don’t have a particularly good record there over the last 30 years either.

But all of that can change and we are due one.

I'm sure not too many, or actually more like none of our current players or manager have been involved in that 'last 30 years' record, so I don't see any relevance to what has gone before now. This team is going there to do what it can do. Hopefully come back with 3 points, as we have done from a good number of away games this season.
They won't be looking forward to facing us, or seeing it as a foregone conclusion that they will get as many points from the game as half of the number of fingers on one hand.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:00 - Mar 18 with 1043 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It does.

But i cant say I'm particularly looking forward to it. Playing them has a sense of inevitability about it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:14 - Mar 18 with 967 viewsgainsboroughblue

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:00 - Mar 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

It does.

But i cant say I'm particularly looking forward to it. Playing them has a sense of inevitability about it.

This is why not beating them in December was such a missed opportunity. As fans, just beating them and ending the 'hoodoo' would've been massive. As it is, we go there with them bang in form and have that cloud above us.

Saying that, we're in form too and the players are probably enjoying a more positive outlook on it than us having not been subjected to 15 years of it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:42 - Mar 18 with 867 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:14 - Mar 18 by gainsboroughblue

This is why not beating them in December was such a missed opportunity. As fans, just beating them and ending the 'hoodoo' would've been massive. As it is, we go there with them bang in form and have that cloud above us.

Saying that, we're in form too and the players are probably enjoying a more positive outlook on it than us having not been subjected to 15 years of it.

Agreed. We should've had them done by halftime at PR. So many chances.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 12:06 - Mar 18 with 784 views_clive_baker_

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 10:59 - Mar 18 by hoppy

I'm sure not too many, or actually more like none of our current players or manager have been involved in that 'last 30 years' record, so I don't see any relevance to what has gone before now. This team is going there to do what it can do. Hopefully come back with 3 points, as we have done from a good number of away games this season.
They won't be looking forward to facing us, or seeing it as a foregone conclusion that they will get as many points from the game as half of the number of fingers on one hand.

I agree, I don't think our form against them has any relevance to the here and now. Also, not that we need any added motivation, but I think the injustice of that draw at PR will spur our squad on a little more too. We schooled them for most of that game and thoroughly deserved to win. I think we'll be desperate to put that right.

They look a decent side at the moment, and their recent for reflects that. More so now Sargent is back who you have to say is a very good forward at this level. There aren't too many better to be fair. I would fancy our chances still, we've very rarely been outplayed this season.

Couple of big games before that though.
The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 717 viewsVic

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 11:00 - Mar 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

It does.

From a fans point of view I think you're right. but as Hoppy says, few of this group of players and certainly not the staff have any of that backage to carry into this particular game. That has to be a good thing so i think we can play our part as fans by playing the game down and treating it like any other.

They will be feeling the heat as well as they can;t really afford to slip up much if they want to nab the last play off place.

Bottom line, we are as good as them, we have a really good away record so if we play like we can there's no reason we can't get a result.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The game up the road has the potential to be a cracker doesn't it on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 654 viewsSwansea_Blue

It does.

Yeah, its probably the worst team to face knowing that we may have to win it to keep in touch with the top two (although it's impossible to predict - could well be some unexpected twists and turns yet).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024