Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n/t) 10:56 - Mar 22 with 1821 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 11:07 - Mar 22 with 1763 viewshomer_123

So, you don't support the Women's game, thanks for sharing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 11:10 - Mar 22 with 1733 viewsJ2BLUE

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 11:07 - Mar 22 by homer_123

So transparent wasn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:07 - Mar 22 with 1590 viewsLeedsblue1

Some of the comments under Ashton’s video about tickets for the women’s game are an utter disgrace and I was embarrassed to see “Ipswich fans” being so sexist and misogynistic.

I didn’t think our club had this side to it vs many other clubs but clearly I was wrong,

I’m always trying to defend our club to my wife but how can I defend what’s wrote in black and white.

If you live in the 70’s then just don’t comment. You don’t like women’s sport, just don’t comment. You don’t think women’s sport is of a standard that satisfies you, keep those thoughts in your head and don’t comment. If you’re a misogynist, don’t bother commenting.

It sickens me to see comments like this anyway, let alone when it comes out of our clubs “fans”.

Ashton must’ve been absolutely sickened and embarrassed to see comments that followed his video and it ruins all the good work he’s been trying to do with the women’s teams. We’ve sold over 8,500 tickets so there is an interest in it clearly which is almost as much as we got under the last part of Micks tenure.
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:09 - Mar 22 with 1550 viewsDubtractor

LOOK AT ME!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:12 - Mar 22 with 1530 views_clive_baker_

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:07 - Mar 22 by Leedsblue1

Some of the comments under Ashton’s video about tickets for the women’s game are an utter disgrace and I was embarrassed to see “Ipswich fans” being so sexist and misogynistic.

I didn’t think our club had this side to it vs many other clubs but clearly I was wrong,

I’m always trying to defend our club to my wife but how can I defend what’s wrote in black and white.

If you live in the 70’s then just don’t comment. You don’t like women’s sport, just don’t comment. You don’t think women’s sport is of a standard that satisfies you, keep those thoughts in your head and don’t comment. If you’re a misogynist, don’t bother commenting.

It sickens me to see comments like this anyway, let alone when it comes out of our clubs “fans”.

Ashton must’ve been absolutely sickened and embarrassed to see comments that followed his video and it ruins all the good work he’s been trying to do with the women’s teams. We’ve sold over 8,500 tickets so there is an interest in it clearly which is almost as much as we got under the last part of Micks tenure.

+1

Complete berks. I don't get why people need to overtly object to something that has no impact on their lives, it's very weird, and even more so when its associated with a club you do support. Women's football isn't something I'm particularly interested in myself to be honest, but why people need to go out of their way to be negative about something is really odd. When I say I don't get it, I genuinely don't get it. Like I don't get the motivation or overt hatred to something that's very easy to just not participate in.
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:17 - Mar 22 with 1484 viewsLeedsblue1

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:12 - Mar 22 by _clive_baker_

+1

Complete berks. I don't get why people need to overtly object to something that has no impact on their lives, it's very weird, and even more so when its associated with a club you do support. Women's football isn't something I'm particularly interested in myself to be honest, but why people need to go out of their way to be negative about something is really odd. When I say I don't get it, I genuinely don't get it. Like I don't get the motivation or overt hatred to something that's very easy to just not participate in.

Exactly that.

I don’t get it atall. Why comment on something just for the sake of saying something negative.

It boils my piss when I see it still going on in 2024. I’ve got a little girl who loves the experience of going to Portman Road, seeing bluey and all the rest of it. I don’t take her to many away grounds as I don’t want her exposed to some of the stuff you see like fighting at Wednesday earlier in the season. Racism you still see going on like the Palmer incident and sexism still!!

I always think my clubs abit different and a “family club” but then you see our own “fans” doing it and you just despair.
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 1465 viewsSwansea_Blue

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:07 - Mar 22 by Leedsblue1

8,500 tickets is great. That's more than half of the clubs in the equivalent tier in the mens game get (3rd tier, L1). More than Bristol R, Lincoln, Orient, Carlisle, Northampton, Port Vale, Exeter, Cambridge U etc.

(and yes, the misogynistic stuff is embarrassing. But they're embarrassing themselves).
[Post edited 22 Mar 12:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:33 - Mar 22 with 1399 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 11:07 - Mar 22 by homer_123

Or the ITFC women's team

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:48 - Mar 22 with 1335 viewshoppy

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:33 - Mar 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

Or the ITFC women's team

Or maybe just wants to support local non-league clubs on non-league day?

Doesn't mean he doesn't support the women's game necessarily. Had the women's game at Portman Road been on Sunday, I would've gone as it wouldn't have fallen on a day that has been so important for non-league clubs since being initiated, but as they've chosen to move it to a Saturday, I won't be there as I will be at a non-league game as well.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:05 - Mar 22 with 1255 viewsJ2BLUE

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:48 - Mar 22 by hoppy

Doesn't mean he doesn't support the women's game necessarily. Had the women's game at Portman Road been on Sunday, I would've gone as it wouldn't have fallen on a day that has been so important for non-league clubs since being initiated, but as they've chosen to move it to a Saturday, I won't be there as I will be at a non-league game as well.

The OP has been a low budget troll for years.

Truly impaired.

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 1202 viewshomer_123

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 12:48 - Mar 22 by hoppy

I think the mere fact the OP posted as they did tells you everything you need to know.

I mean, it could have been worded along the lines of.

"Would have loved to go and watch the ITFC Women's team at PR this Saturday but I'm already committed to supporting my local non-league! COYWBs"

Or not even post at all....but it was and its quite clear in terms of intent.
[Post edited 22 Mar 15:53]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:24 - Mar 22 with 1159 viewshoppy

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:16 - Mar 22 by homer_123

I think the mere fact the OP posted as they did tells you everything you need to know.

"Would have loved to go and watch the ITFC Women's team at PR this Saturday but I'm already committed to supporting my local non-league! COYWBs"

Fair enough... I hadn't clocked who had posted, but your explanation does make sense.

I think on my other post, I'd perhaps made my feelings felt on it, without taking anything away for what it means for the Women's team.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:42 - Mar 22 with 1094 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:16 - Mar 22 by homer_123

This is exactly what I meant in my post Hoppy. Your post is very clear in your support of non-league day. The OP's post was only missing two fingers being flicked at the board and the women's team.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 1068 viewsWeWereZombies

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:05 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

The OP has been a low budget troll for years.

I don't see MaySixth as a troll, more of a contrarian now than the poster was a few years back maybe, an attention seeker - maybe that too. But for me trolling was personified by BlueOyster, a truly wretched presence on this forum. There have been too many pile ons over the years which have sent voices that are not in complete agreement with the majority packing, and the forum is poorer for it, more of a bubble of opinion reinforcement than a place to exchange views. And if we can't exchange views then we don't get to think about why we think what we do - and maybe change our opinion once in a while.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 1061 viewsStokieBlue

I've got a question for you:

Why do you only post tw*ttish one line posts to cause an argument on this forum when you post lengthy posts and engage in debates on the opposition forums?

Almost like you're deliberately being a c*ck on here.

SB
[Post edited 22 Mar 13:47]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:54 - Mar 22 with 1003 viewsJ2BLUE

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 13:46 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

I don't see MaySixth as a troll, more of a contrarian now than the poster was a few years back maybe, an attention seeker - maybe that too. But for me trolling was personified by BlueOyster, a truly wretched presence on this forum. There have been too many pile ons over the years which have sent voices that are not in complete agreement with the majority packing, and the forum is poorer for it, more of a bubble of opinion reinforcement than a place to exchange views. And if we can't exchange views then we don't get to think about why we think what we do - and maybe change our opinion once in a while.

You're giving him way too much credit. Stokie's post nails it.

Truly impaired.

This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 14:42 - Mar 22 with 873 viewsbrazil1982

Women's football "weekend" seems to have usurped "non-league day" to encourage many supporters through the gates for much needed funds. Many of the women's teams do not need the cash.

It's great to see thousands will turn up at PR for ITFC Women but I would always encourage supporters to attend some non league matches through the season.
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 14:52 - Mar 22 with 841 viewsHighgateBlue

This is a perfectly respectable point that deserves to be addressed on its merits. it is always a shame to see comments which just leap to attacking particular posters (fans of the same football club, indeed).

I have been consistently amazed and impressed at the massive strides the women's game has taken in the last couple of decades, and also with the extent to which football fans in general are positive about it. This is a very good thing in my view, both in my capacity as a parent of a girl, and also as a human. On this issue, as on a number of others, days that many of us remember well are rightly viewed as the dark ages.

However, tomorrow is Non-league day, a day when those who support league teams are encouraged to support and help out local non-league clubs who very obviously need the money. Non-league day is a marvellous initiative that has been around since 2010. Coincidentally that is the same year as the founding of the WSL; the women's game and non-league have co-existed perfectly well in that time.

It may be that we are at a point now where the popularity of the women's game may have an impact on non-league, especially in a weak economic climate. One may take the view that that is fine, and that proper gender equality is the greater good. Fine. But let's at least have a grown up discussion about it. Misogynistic posts in other places clearly are not grown up. But neither are knee jerk reactions to posters who support non-league and are disquieted by the timing of this match.

I think there's scope to acknowledge that those non-league clubs will be worse off on non-league day in particular, because of a game that is happening at Portman Road on the same day. As you say, had it been on Sunday I think there would have been a lesser impact on Non-league day.

I think the clash is a bit of a shame, I don't castigate those who choose to go to the non-league games at all, or even those who think that the negative impact on non-league clubs is unfortunate, and I wish ITFC Women all the best for their game.
This weekend will put my ££ into local non-league rather than Portman Road (n on 15:31 - Mar 22 with 778 viewsMaySixth

Predictably my post has been misconstrued by some about being anti women's football.

Not sure what is sexist about supporting non-league football when I grew up on non-league football and the football pyramid needs all the support it can get.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024