Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali 07:07 - Mar 27 with 2667 viewsBlueNomad

Start on Friday? Keiffer understandably looked knackered last night. Short recovery time, plus the emotional disappointment, so I wonder if he will be kept back for Monday.
Ali on 08:24 - Mar 27 with 2516 viewsDarkBrandon

Yeah. I’ve wondered the same. It will be interesting to see.

We can’t push him too far. Obviously performances tail off with fatigue, but he is absolutely critical to our side now and we can’t risk injury.
Ali on 08:34 - Mar 27 with 2483 viewsMetal_Hacker

Unless there’s a knock I’m sure he will be good to go with rest and the medical staff working on him . KMcK probably just makes the change earlier in the game ref making a sub

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ali on 09:09 - Mar 27 with 2349 viewsNutkins_Return

Ali on 08:34 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

Unless there’s a knock I’m sure he will be good to go with rest and the medical staff working on him . KMcK probably just makes the change earlier in the game ref making a sub

I think Ali will probably start this one. 3 day recovery from that game (physical and mental) and the travel. McKenna has had 2 weeks on the training ground with Ali and can have worked on the plan system. We also have Southampton game 3 days later so there is likely a bit of rotation anyway so I think it makes sense.
Ali on 09:14 - Mar 27 with 2318 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I think so too. Maybe on the bench, as no time for recovery after 120 plus minutes. A late night last night, travel back today, then travel again tomorrow to Blackburn. Surely too much to expect him to start on Friday?
Ali on 09:21 - Mar 27 with 2266 viewsipswichtillidie

Ali on 09:09 - Mar 27 by Nutkins_Return

I think Ali will probably start this one. 3 day recovery from that game (physical and mental) and the travel. McKenna has had 2 weeks on the training ground with Ali and can have worked on the plan system. We also have Southampton game 3 days later so there is likely a bit of rotation anyway so I think it makes sense.

Yes the fact that Southampton comes 3 days later I expect Ali to make his first Start Friday.

Gav

Ali on 09:28 - Mar 27 with 2218 viewstonybied

Ali on 09:21 - Mar 27 by ipswichtillidie

Yes the fact that Southampton comes 3 days later I expect Ali to make his first Start Friday.

The trouble is Ali's fitness is being managed at the moment too. It's a bit of a predicament, isn't it? Especially with Burns being injured, as that means Kayden is at the very least a backup for the right-hand side. I'm expecting Moore will start and we might see Ali after/just after halftime.
Ali on 09:31 - Mar 27 with 2196 viewspointofblue

Ali on 09:28 - Mar 27 by tonybied

The trouble is Ali's fitness is being managed at the moment too. It's a bit of a predicament, isn't it? Especially with Burns being injured, as that means Kayden is at the very least a backup for the right-hand side. I'm expecting Moore will start and we might see Ali after/just after halftime.

That or we start with Broadhead up top with either Harness or Sarmiento on the left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ali on 09:35 - Mar 27 with 2177 viewsLinners

I suspect they'll look to get an hour out of Kieffer from the start for both of the Easter games, but I'd certainly have thought there's more chance that Ali and Fridge start on Friday with Moore and Burgess back Monday.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali on 09:36 - Mar 27 with 2168 viewstonybied

Ali on 09:31 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

That or we start with Broadhead up top with either Harness or Sarmiento on the left.

That didn't really work very well before Moore turned up though. However, Broadhead was in rather poor form at that point, so it might work now he seems to have found some form again.
Ali on 09:51 - Mar 27 with 2085 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think we start with our best team and make changes depending in the fitness and fatigue of certain players.

Moore has only played one game since we beat Sheffield Wednesday and a two day turnaround is no different than playing on a Saturday and Tuesday.

Mt concern would be Burgess, who has to travel halfway around the world today.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ali on 12:23 - Mar 27 with 1597 viewsJrm_72

Ali on 09:28 - Mar 27 by tonybied

I'm not sure I believe that Ali has any kind of injury at all. I suspect it is a convenient excuse to get out of Iraq duty...

When I read it I was reminded of the phantom injuries we get around 20mins when KMc wants to change tact
Ali on 12:31 - Mar 27 with 1553 viewsElderGrizzly

Ali on 09:51 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

I think we start with our best team and make changes depending in the fitness and fatigue of certain players.

Moore has only played one game since we beat Sheffield Wednesday and a two day turnaround is no different than playing on a Saturday and Tuesday.

Mt concern would be Burgess, who has to travel halfway around the world today.

Moore has played 120 minutes though and the mental exhaustion of a penalty shootout. I can see Ali start Friday and Moore on Monday. Reflection of the challenge of both games too.

As mentioned yesterday, unless Burgess was on the one flight that leaves Sydney at 6am today which then gets into London this evening, he won't actually be back in the country until Thursday morning at the earliest.
Ali on 12:33 - Mar 27 with 1533 viewsNthQldITFC

Ali on 12:23 - Mar 27 by Jrm_72

I'm not sure I believe that Ali has any kind of injury at all. I suspect it is a convenient excuse to get out of Iraq duty...

When I read it I was reminded of the phantom injuries we get around 20mins when KMc wants to change tact

In the words of Francis Urquhart MP, ...

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ali on 12:48 - Mar 27 with 1434 views_clive_baker_

Hladky
Clarke Woolfy Fridge Davis
Morsy Luongo
Hutchinson Chaplin Broadhead
Al-Hamadi

Use Moore off the bench and protect him a little bit for a big shift again on Monday. I think it’s a bit much to expect 4-5 hours from him in 6 days which is what we would be looking at if he starts the next 2.
Ali on 14:18 - Mar 27 with 1210 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali on 12:23 - Mar 27 by Jrm_72

He definitely is managing one.

The Ali that came on against Cardiff wasn't the same we saw in the games before. He could barely rub when he came on. It was one of the reasons we were under the cosh as he couldn't press their backline. Imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali on 14:22 - Mar 27 with 1189 viewsKeno

Ali on 14:18 - Mar 27 by FrimleyBlue

He definitely is managing one.

The Ali that came on against Cardiff wasn't the same we saw in the games before. He could barely rub when he came on. It was one of the reasons we were under the cosh as he couldn't press their backline. Imo.

No wonder we lost concentration and conceded those goals if players were rubbing themselves!!
[Post edited 27 Mar 14:39]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ali on 14:33 - Mar 27 with 1141 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali on 14:22 - Mar 27 by Keno

No wonder we lost concentration and conceded those goals if players were rubbing themselves!!
[Post edited 27 Mar 14:39]

Haha so good I'm not gonna edit it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali on 05:42 - Mar 28 with 717 viewsfranz_tyson

I'd really go all out, if possible, for Moore to start the game. No offence to the lad, but I don't think Ali is ready to start games. I like his enthusiasm and work-rate, but in what I've seen, he's never given me a "wow" moment. Feel he's a bit too raw and needs to work on his touch. I think we've gone a little too much overboard on him.... in a good way. He's a project and not sure he's ready to be a starter. If Kiefer can put in a 60-65 minutes shift at 80%.... then I'd go for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024