Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game 10:13 - Mar 28 with 1509 viewsArnieM

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/24216804.greater-anglia-announces-strike-ipswich-nor

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:18 - Mar 28 with 1441 viewsportmanking

What a cluster fck.

That'll be utter mayhem post-match, win or lose.
Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:23 - Mar 28 with 1405 viewsSteve_M

Ah, good. As if engineering work on both lines between London and Norwich wasn't already making things difficult.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:28 - Mar 28 with 1339 viewsyesjohn99

No strike. Just no overtime being worked.
Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:37 - Mar 28 with 1267 viewsSarge

I didn’t think trains ran between Ipswich and anywhere on weekends anyway.
Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:26 - Mar 28 with 1129 viewsstonojnr

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:28 - Mar 28 by yesjohn99

No strike. Just no overtime being worked.

you say that like its a mere work to rule thing, how does not working overtime affect the 11:06 from Ipswich ? which is cancelled as a result of "action short of a strike". but not the 10:50 ?
Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:30 - Mar 28 with 1117 viewsITFC_Forever

GA aren't striking that day, it seems that it's the overtime ban causing them to cancel the odd service here and there.

But the strikes have made life harder.... my overnight train from Cornwall has been cancelled, so I am now getting a National Express to Heathrow, Liz Line to Liv Street, train to Billericay, bus to Witham, train to Ipswich, which should get me in Ipswich at 8.25.

Time to nip home and get showered and changed and then the 10.06 to Norwich.

The annoying thing is, I knew the Cornwall - London train was at risk of being cancelled, but it was only confirmed this morning... so now the price of the Heathrow to Ipswich ticket has nearly doubled to £53 - my ticket for the whole journey from Cornwall was only going to be £52!
So I may as well keep the train ticket, and use it from Heathrow onwards to Ipswich.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 1097 viewsGeoffSentence

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 10:37 - Mar 28 by Sarge

I didn’t think trains ran between Ipswich and anywhere on weekends anyway.

They do, but once you get to Diss you need to change to local donkey carts.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:34 - Mar 28 with 1096 viewsyesjohn99

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:26 - Mar 28 by stonojnr

you say that like its a mere work to rule thing, how does not working overtime affect the 11:06 from Ipswich ? which is cancelled as a result of "action short of a strike". but not the 10:50 ?

Because all train companies rely on rest day working to run a full service. In short, they don’t employ enough people.
Login to get fewer ads

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:40 - Mar 28 with 1069 viewsjayessess

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:26 - Mar 28 by stonojnr

Presumably the rostered driver of the 11.06 is an ASLEF member and agreed to do that shift as overtime, but now won't be.

(or more likely, the impact of the overtime ban is that Greater Anglia doesn't have sufficient drivers available to fulfil its full schedule, so has chosen to run a reduced timetable with the drivers it does have available - ie. either non-union drivers or drivers scheduled to work that day not as overtime)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 12:41 - Mar 28 with 933 viewsArnieM

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:30 - Mar 28 by ITFC_Forever

GA aren't striking that day, it seems that it's the overtime ban causing them to cancel the odd service here and there.

But the strikes have made life harder.... my overnight train from Cornwall has been cancelled, so I am now getting a National Express to Heathrow, Liz Line to Liv Street, train to Billericay, bus to Witham, train to Ipswich, which should get me in Ipswich at 8.25.

The annoying thing is, I knew the Cornwall - London train was at risk of being cancelled, but it was only confirmed this morning... so now the price of the Heathrow to Ipswich ticket has nearly doubled to £53 - my ticket for the whole journey from Cornwall was only going to be £52!
So I may as well keep the train ticket, and use it from Heathrow onwards to Ipswich.

You sir, deserve to see Town thrash the scum ...Hope it happens .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 13:05 - Mar 28 with 877 viewsNthQldITFC

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:30 - Mar 28 by ITFC_Forever

A decent person would put the extra £1 into my newly formed 'Nationalise Our Broken British Infrastructure' fund, or NOBBI as we're often called.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 14:18 - Mar 28 with 739 viewsRadlett_blue

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 11:34 - Mar 28 by yesjohn99

Because all train companies rely on rest day working to run a full service. In short, they don’t employ enough people.

not so, it's because the ASLEF train drivers have kept negotiating downwards the number of hours per week that they HAVE to work. They have got it down to 35 hours per week and while they often work more hours, they get very generous overtime rates and as this is on a voluntary basis, the service often collapses at times when the drivers aren't keen to work overtime, e.g. around Christmas.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 14:20 - Mar 28 with 730 viewsyesjohn99

Rail strikes announced for day of the narwich game on 14:18 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

not so, it's because the ASLEF train drivers have kept negotiating downwards the number of hours per week that they HAVE to work. They have got it down to 35 hours per week and while they often work more hours, they get very generous overtime rates and as this is on a voluntary basis, the service often collapses at times when the drivers aren't keen to work overtime, e.g. around Christmas.

For greater anglia Overtime paid at time. Except Sundays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024