Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lashing Down...Again 10:56 - Mar 28 with 2444 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can't ever remember consistent rain through all of February and March like this before, long range forecasts for April do not look significantly better.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lashing Down...Again on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 1914 views_clive_baker_

Lots of snow in the SW last night, friends near Plymouth got a proper smattering.

Sunny where I am though.
Lashing Down...Again on 11:13 - Mar 28 with 1898 viewsleitrimblue

You have no idea of the meaning of never ending consistent mind numbing rain.... Love Co Leitrimblue
Lashing Down...Again on 11:29 - Mar 28 with 1858 viewsstonojnr

funny how we always go on about April showers then as if its a thing in weather.

March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers
Lashing Down...Again on 11:32 - Mar 28 with 1848 viewsGuthrum

It's not the constancy of the rain which is causing problems, so much as the weight, i.e. how much is coming down in periods of just a few hours at a time. We get unusually large dollop followed by another battering only days later.

Over the last couple of years or so, damp has been getting into buildings I work on in places it never has before and to a much greater degree.

Then we've had some very dry summers, which open up cracks for the winter rain to work its way through.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lashing Down...Again on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 1844 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I wonder whether the weather will prevent Truro's game at Gloucester tomorrow. Another one to reschedule...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Lashing Down...Again on 11:50 - Mar 28 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

It's been awful, the worst year for quite some time.

Unfortunately though climate modelling shows that the changes which are happening will result in more precipitation at higher latitudes so this could easily become the norm going forward. Warmer but much wetter winters and springs.

It's been hugely annoying for astrophotography, it's almost continuously cloudy and this isn't ever in stock:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/zarkov-cloud-gun.html

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lashing Down...Again on 11:54 - Mar 28 with 1736 viewsleitrimblue

Lashing Down...Again on 11:50 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

Unfortunately though climate modelling shows that the changes which are happening will result in more precipitation at higher latitudes so this could easily become the norm going forward. Warmer but much wetter winters and springs.

It's been hugely annoying for astrophotography, it's almost continuously cloudy and this isn't ever in stock:

SB

So weather wise the UK is becoming Co Leitrim? Absolute justice..
Lashing Down...Again on 11:54 - Mar 28 with 1737 viewshomer_123

SB

You can borrow mine SB.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Lashing Down...Again on 12:07 - Mar 28 with 1665 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lashing Down...Again on 11:33 - Mar 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

I wonder whether the weather will prevent Truro's game at Gloucester tomorrow. Another one to reschedule...

No, nothing getting called off there, they've built it on stilts.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lashing Down...Again on 12:15 - Mar 28 with 1619 viewsgiant_stow

So true.

Another negative is that its ruined the amateur footy season with a succession of water-logged pitches.

Still a positive is that its ruined the amateur footy season for my side* as it means we get beaten less often.

* I can say 'my' as I'm captain now - thats how desperately poor we are (w:0, d:1 , l:14, Gd: -70)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lashing Down...Again on 12:19 - Mar 28 with 1588 viewsStokieBlue

Lashing Down...Again on 12:15 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

So true.

Another negative is that its ruined the amateur footy season with a succession of water-logged pitches.

Still a positive is that its ruined the amateur footy season for my side* as it means we get beaten less often.

* I can say 'my' as I'm captain now - thats how desperately poor we are (w:0, d:1 , l:14, Gd: -70)

Douglas Eyre up your way is constantly waterlogged.

Seems to be waterlogged even if it's not rained.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lashing Down...Again on 12:20 - Mar 28 with 1585 viewsDJR

Lashing Down...Again on 11:54 - Mar 28 by leitrimblue

So weather wise the UK is becoming Co Leitrim? Absolute justice..

Actually, I think it's England catching up with its Celtic cousins, given this from an article in the FT a couple of weeks ago.

"England has experienced its wettest 18 months since records began in 1836, leaving farmers struggling to plant crops in waterlogged fields and transport networks disrupted by flooding."

https://www.ft.com/content/f976b2fb-9a23-4a64-91bb-cb250f35853f

Certainly, my gravel driveaway has been under water what seems like every other day since the first storm back in the autumn, given the water table is so high.
Lashing Down...Again on 12:22 - Mar 28 with 1560 views_clive_baker_

So true.

If its any consolation, however embarrassing you think it is for you, its probably worse for the side you managed to draw against.
Lashing Down...Again on 12:23 - Mar 28 with 1552 viewsgiant_stow

Lashing Down...Again on 12:19 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

Douglas Eyre up your way is constantly waterlogged.

Seems to be waterlogged even if it's not rained.

SB

Yeah that one's iffy at the best of times - basically just marsh. Even the higher, well-drained ones are getting affected recently though.

At this rate, there'll be a lot of cancellations this weekend.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lashing Down...Again on 12:23 - Mar 28 with 1546 viewsgiant_stow

Lashing Down...Again on 12:22 - Mar 28 by _clive_baker_

If its any consolation, however embarrassing you think it is for you, its probably worse for the side you managed to draw against.

Literal lol - they were indeed gutted!!

Lashing Down...Again on 12:24 - Mar 28 with 1543 viewsBasingstokeBlue

SB

Perhaps you'd be better off with one of these...

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/offers/hubble-cassegrain-reflector-telescope.ht

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Lashing Down...Again on 12:36 - Mar 28 with 1502 viewsleitrimblue

Lashing Down...Again on 12:20 - Mar 28 by DJR

Actually, I think it's England catching up with its Celtic cousins, given this from an article in the FT a couple of weeks ago.

"England has experienced its wettest 18 months since records began in 1836, leaving farmers struggling to plant crops in waterlogged fields and transport networks disrupted by flooding."

https://www.ft.com/content/f976b2fb-9a23-4a64-91bb-cb250f35853f

Certainly, my gravel driveaway has been under water what seems like every other day since the first storm back in the autumn, given the water table is so high.

The yard in front of house is half covered in a thick muddy puddle. Good for bikini girl wrestling but not much else.
Think I'm gonna have to look at the ditch/drain just above it over easter. Absolutely awful job..
My house is halfway down the side of a hill, last house before the lake..
Lashing Down...Again on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 1338 viewsNthQldITFC

So true.

Is Hanley injured again already?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lashing Down...Again on 13:50 - Mar 28 with 1319 viewsNthQldITFC

SB

I believe the nucleation particles used are a silver halide, which I'm told has never been shown to be actually effective for this purpose. Instead the silver is absorbed onto the 'inner' surface of the cloud where it forms a rather attractive, reflective layer.

Every cloud...

Lashing Down...Again on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 1273 viewsElderGrizzly

Guy who deals with our garden said it was something like 6 months worth of rain in the last 6 weeks?
Lashing Down...Again on 14:12 - Mar 28 with 1253 viewsGeoffSentence

SB

Have you seen the comet yet?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lashing Down...Again on 14:16 - Mar 28 with 1233 viewsNthQldITFC

Lashing Down...Again on 12:24 - Mar 28 by BasingstokeBlue

Perhaps you'd be better off with one of these...

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/offers/hubble-cassegrain-reflector-telescope.ht

That's hyperbolics, isn't it?

Lashing Down...Again on 14:21 - Mar 28 with 1225 viewsgiant_stow

Lashing Down...Again on 13:44 - Mar 28 by NthQldITFC

Is Hanley injured again already?

Not even Hanley could save us. In fairness, everyone (bar a couple) fight on and lately, we've only been losing 4 or 5 nil, instead of previous double digit dickings (our record loss is 18-2). Progress!

Lashing Down...Again on 15:02 - Mar 28 with 1096 viewsFixed_It

Lashing Down...Again on 14:21 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

Not even Hanley could save us. In fairness, everyone (bar a couple) fight on and lately, we've only been losing 4 or 5 nil, instead of previous double digit dickings (our record loss is 18-2). Progress!

I'm not sure you're cut out for this football malarkey, given the team you support and the team you play for. No wonder you come on here - if only to get some positivity in your life!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lashing Down...Again on 16:13 - Mar 28 with 944 viewshomer_123

Lashing Down...Again on 12:36 - Mar 28 by leitrimblue

The yard in front of house is half covered in a thick muddy puddle. Good for bikini girl wrestling but not much else.
Think I'm gonna have to look at the ditch/drain just above it over easter. Absolutely awful job..
My house is halfway down the side of a hill, last house before the lake..

Last house before the lake.

Excellent horror film title!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024