Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. 19:14 - Mar 29 with 4183 viewsReus30

Subs have been awful. Not even putting a shift in apart from KJ
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:12 - Mar 29 with 1112 viewstextbackup

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 19:42 - Mar 29 by franz_tyson

Got to admit I'm still waiting to get the wow-factor from Ali. Good lad with bags of enthusiasm and a nice story...... but.... I want to see a bit more from him. Not necessarily a bit of magic, but the basics in holding the ball up and bringing in other players. We really need that outlet when we're under pressure.

Completely agree

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:26 - Mar 29 with 1054 viewsportmanking

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:12 - Mar 29 by textbackup

Completely agree

You're all being exceptionally harsh on a player playing through the pain barrier. I know full well how tough he's finding it to play through. If we weren't in a promotion bid he'd have had groin surgery weeks ago.

There's always more to things than meets the eye bedwetters.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:27 - Mar 29 with 1046 viewspointofblue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:11 - Mar 29 by LeoMuff

We were decent first half I thought, scored, controlled the game. We completely lost our way around 60 mins, did we put 3 passes together after that ? Didn’t feel like it.

In fairness to the subs, we had lost our way before they came on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:37 - Mar 29 with 1009 viewsReusersTown

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:07 - Mar 29 by textbackup

AAH was absolutely awful.

I’m all up for cheering like an idiot when he taps it home from 3 yards when we’ve already won a game, but come on and play like that again, away from home in a tight game, and he’ll be back in L2 in no time.

Seems weird being so downbeat after going top, but it’s the bigger picture we need to look at, play like that vs norwich and we lose. Play like that away at hull, we lose.

Need to be so much better.

Pathetic comment.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:54 - Mar 29 with 962 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were decent first half I thought, scored, controlled the game. We completely lost our way around 60 mins, did we put 3 passes together after that ? Didn’t feel like it.

We were indeed good in the first half and defended our box well in the second. Turn that game around and have us scoring the winner with 15 mins to go and everyone would be bouncing. Funny old game, but the whole 90 mins counts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:56 - Mar 29 with 948 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:26 - Mar 29 by portmanking

You're all being exceptionally harsh on a player playing through the pain barrier. I know full well how tough he's finding it to play through. If we weren't in a promotion bid he'd have had groin surgery weeks ago.

Whilst I get your point. He's hardly helping us.. so just have the surgery. No point playing through the pain and not actually helping when you come on.

That's not on him btw. But don't think the club are doing the right thing with this situation personally. I'd completely get it if he was similar striker to moore and hirst but he's not.
[Post edited 29 Mar 20:57]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:58 - Mar 29 with 940 viewspointofblue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:56 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

Whilst I get your point. He's hardly helping us.. so just have the surgery. No point playing through the pain and not actually helping when you come on.

That's not on him btw. But don't think the club are doing the right thing with this situation personally. I'd completely get it if he was similar striker to moore and hirst but he's not.
[Post edited 29 Mar 20:57]

It was one game. And I'd question the performance of all but the centre backs so...

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:02 - Mar 29 with 890 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 20:58 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

It was one game. And I'd question the performance of all but the centre backs so...

It's not tho. He was similarly ineffective v cardiff.

Absolutely there wasn't many positive 2nd half performances as individuals but for his role.. he may aswell have not been on.

Again that's not on him as a player, I liked what I saw when he came in and from all previous highlight videos. But this injury clearly hinders him. I just think at such a time in the season we can't afford to carry anyone.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 878 viewsredrickstuhaart

How do you know this?

Not that I disagree with the broad sentiment.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 878 viewspointofblue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:02 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

It's not tho. He was similarly ineffective v cardiff.

Absolutely there wasn't many positive 2nd half performances as individuals but for his role.. he may aswell have not been on.

Again that's not on him as a player, I liked what I saw when he came in and from all previous highlight videos. But this injury clearly hinders him. I just think at such a time in the season we can't afford to carry anyone.

If he has surgery and misses the rest of the season, who covers Moore? Broadhead? Who we already need on the left as Sarmiento isn't consistent enough to start. We're not covering Al-Hamidi - we need him as we're otherwise lacking options up front.

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:12 - Mar 29 with 854 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:06 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

If he has surgery and misses the rest of the season, who covers Moore? Broadhead? Who we already need on the left as Sarmiento isn't consistent enough to start. We're not covering Al-Hamidi - we need him as we're otherwise lacking options up front.

Fair point.

But maybe use him sparingly and when it's needed in a way when he suits the situation at play.

I.e either comfortable in front so it doesn't matter.

Or if we are chasing the game and we are positively attacking the other end and are ourselves driving forwards with midfield support rather than when we're trying to manage a 1-0 lead. In this case with his specific situation I'd have rather seen taylor come on and just stick Jackson uptop and put hutch wide etc.

Just don't think us trying to hold a 1-0 lead is the best time to bring on a player who's 50% fit.

Waka waka eh eh

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:14 - Mar 29 with 853 viewspointofblue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:12 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

Fair point.

But maybe use him sparingly and when it's needed in a way when he suits the situation at play.

I.e either comfortable in front so it doesn't matter.

Or if we are chasing the game and we are positively attacking the other end and are ourselves driving forwards with midfield support rather than when we're trying to manage a 1-0 lead. In this case with his specific situation I'd have rather seen taylor come on and just stick Jackson uptop and put hutch wide etc.

Just don't think us trying to hold a 1-0 lead is the best time to bring on a player who's 50% fit.

Moore was gone today. Shattered. What would have done in McKenna's shoes today? I suppose Sarmiento for Moore and move Broadhead up top, but we're not sure about his fitness. I doubt he would have been much better in holding up the ball either.

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:17 - Mar 29 with 839 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:14 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

Moore was gone today. Shattered. What would have done in McKenna's shoes today? I suppose Sarmiento for Moore and move Broadhead up top, but we're not sure about his fitness. I doubt he would have been much better in holding up the ball either.

We didn't really have anyone to hold it. But we spent most of that final spell banging balls over his head for him to run onto which made no sense when he's clearly unable to get going.. I think we needed to hit Jackson more if that was our out ball.

I just think that's twice now we've had a 1-0 lead and found ourselves struggling to see it through with hamadi replacing moore during the process. Thankfully we won today but its just something I think KM needs to look at.

Waka waka eh eh

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:24 - Mar 29 with 819 viewsTheBoyBlue

We were collectively dreadful in the second half, couldn't get the ball to stick, but there was some great defending. And we won.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:25 - Mar 29 with 810 viewstonybied

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 21:17 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

We didn't really have anyone to hold it. But we spent most of that final spell banging balls over his head for him to run onto which made no sense when he's clearly unable to get going.. I think we needed to hit Jackson more if that was our out ball.

I just think that's twice now we've had a 1-0 lead and found ourselves struggling to see it through with hamadi replacing moore during the process. Thankfully we won today but its just something I think KM needs to look at.

I'm hoping with Hirst back out on the grass that we may see him back on the bench in a couple of weeks. It would be nice to have him come on for the last 15-20 minutes of a match. It would be a real boost in the arm for the run-in.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 00:11 - Mar 30 with 623 viewstextbackup

Yeah sorry didn’t add, first half we were very good.

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 00:15 - Mar 30 with 617 viewstextbackup

Hold on, we signed him a few weeks ago, so he’s needed an op this entire time?
If we can blow smoke up someones arse for scoring a tap in or two, is it equally not ok to point out his inability to hold a ball up to take sone pressure off his defence in a tight game?

Clearly not, bedwetter.

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 06:31 - Mar 30 with 467 viewsportmanking

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 00:15 - Mar 30 by textbackup

Hold on, we signed him a few weeks ago, so he’s needed an op this entire time?
If we can blow smoke up someones arse for scoring a tap in or two, is it equally not ok to point out his inability to hold a ball up to take sone pressure off his defence in a tight game?

Clearly not, bedwetter.

Who's blowing smoke up his backside? Certainly not me. He's got a lot of raw materials to work with and shown promise. But yes, he's been nursing an adductor problem for the last 6-8 weeks. That's common knowledge. It's why he didn't play for Iraq recently too.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 07:18 - Mar 30 with 428 viewsfranz_tyson

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 06:31 - Mar 30 by portmanking

Who's blowing smoke up his backside? Certainly not me. He's got a lot of raw materials to work with and shown promise. But yes, he's been nursing an adductor problem for the last 6-8 weeks. That's common knowledge. It's why he didn't play for Iraq recently too.

Then he shouldn't be playing then. What does nursing an abductor mean? He's a professional sportsman and we're asking him to do a physical job. If hes injured and cant do a job then we select someone else. We're asking him to control a football, pass it simply, shield the ball, tie up the defenders..... we're not asking him to break sprinting records if he's 80/90%% fit.
It's early days for him and I'm sorry but we've been going too much overboard on him too soon. He'll improve with good coaching, but he's far from the finished product. Some are already calculating his goals per minute ratio as if hes a prolific marksman, but hes been a bit fortunate to stumble on a few 3 yard tap-ins. Just needs to put in a simple, hard-working 15 minute shift where we can keep possession. If he can't put in a 15 minute shift due to an injury..... then we start looking at the 21's for a replacement.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 07:32 - Mar 30 with 393 viewstractorboy1978

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 07:18 - Mar 30 by franz_tyson

Then he shouldn't be playing then. What does nursing an abductor mean? He's a professional sportsman and we're asking him to do a physical job. If hes injured and cant do a job then we select someone else. We're asking him to control a football, pass it simply, shield the ball, tie up the defenders..... we're not asking him to break sprinting records if he's 80/90%% fit.
It's early days for him and I'm sorry but we've been going too much overboard on him too soon. He'll improve with good coaching, but he's far from the finished product. Some are already calculating his goals per minute ratio as if hes a prolific marksman, but hes been a bit fortunate to stumble on a few 3 yard tap-ins. Just needs to put in a simple, hard-working 15 minute shift where we can keep possession. If he can't put in a 15 minute shift due to an injury..... then we start looking at the 21's for a replacement.

He didn't play well at all yesterday but he's done fine since he's come in generally. As usual though, someone is either brilliant or cr@p with no room for nuance in between.
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 07:46 - Mar 30 with 346 viewsnorfsufblue

Agree that for the most part subs were not the greatest ( unusually) today BUT Jezza did make at least one great tackle , Clarke was awkward on the left but his heart was huge and he got through it, and Al apart from right near the end when he finally got a ball out to Jacko nearly helped create a second.... it was a very tough watch but its done, 7 to go ... one game at a time!
Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 08:20 - Mar 30 with 301 viewsPlums

Ali al-trampoline at the minute. on 19:23 - Mar 29 by DJR

Sarmiento has done well.

He looked injured after about 5 minutes, was hobbling badly and never looked the same. A couple of times when the ball went out of play, I thought he was coming off because he was down on his haunches. Clearly was far from 100% but played through it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024