Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strap yourselves in 13:20 - Mar 30 with 1599 viewsAlberto_the_frog

So many of the current top 7 still to play each other.
April 1st
Leicester v Norwich
Ipswich v Southampton

6th
Norwich v Ipswich
Coventry v Leeds

9th
Southampton v Coventry

20th
Leicester v WBA

23rd
Leicester v Southampton

30th
Coventry v Ipswich

May 4th
Leeds v Southampton

For what it's worth, I see us finishing 2nd with 98 points - just like last season.
Strap yourselves in on 13:21 - Mar 30 with 1571 viewstextbackup

Do we get 100+ goals?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Strap yourselves in on 13:25 - Mar 30 with 1548 viewsGlasgowBlue

Strap yourselves in on 13:21 - Mar 30 by textbackup

Do we get 100+ goals?

I have us finishing on 89 goals and one point behind both Leicester and Leeds. I put us down for a draw against Southampton, Norwich and Coventry. We need to win at least one of those.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Strap yourselves in on 13:25 - Mar 30 with 1544 views_clive_baker_

It’s mad that we’ve got 3 more points from 39 games this season than we had at the same stage last season.

2 ppg from here would see us match the 98 points we finished with. Bonkers.
Strap yourselves in on 13:33 - Mar 30 with 1473 viewstextbackup

Strap yourselves in on 13:25 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I have us finishing on 89 goals and one point behind both Leicester and Leeds. I put us down for a draw against Southampton, Norwich and Coventry. We need to win at least one of those.

KM out

FWIW - I had us down to drop points at Blackburn, and still think we lose/draw vs Scum/hull (in no order)

But to win 4 of the 5 others

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Strap yourselves in on 13:38 - Mar 30 with 1421 viewsGlasgowBlue

Strap yourselves in on 13:33 - Mar 30 by textbackup

KM out

FWIW - I had us down to drop points at Blackburn, and still think we lose/draw vs Scum/hull (in no order)

But to win 4 of the 5 others

My concern with Coventry is that they have a lot to play for and Ellis Simms has finally found the goal net. Perversely, we could do with the scum being out of reach by the time we play Coventry. And we could do with Huddersfield being safe.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Strap yourselves in on 13:43 - Mar 30 with 1393 views_clive_baker_

Strap yourselves in on 13:38 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

My concern with Coventry is that they have a lot to play for and Ellis Simms has finally found the goal net. Perversely, we could do with the scum being out of reach by the time we play Coventry. And we could do with Huddersfield being safe.

Huddersfield either being safe or already gone, which is possible given they’ve got some tough games and also play Birmingham before they play us.
Strap yourselves in on 13:43 - Mar 30 with 1388 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Strap yourselves in on 13:38 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Coventry also have to play Man Utd!
Strap yourselves in on 13:58 - Mar 30 with 1328 viewsWacko

Strap yourselves in on 13:43 - Mar 30 by _clive_baker_

Huddersfield either being safe or already gone, which is possible given they’ve got some tough games and also play Birmingham before they play us.

Huddersfield still fighting would be the best situation imo, they'll be needing to win / attack whereas if they're safe or relegated they'll be either relaxed or bloody-minded / defensive

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Strap yourselves in on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 1160 viewsEastTownBlue

Strap yourselves in on 13:58 - Mar 30 by Wacko

Huddersfield still fighting would be the best situation imo, they'll be needing to win / attack whereas if they're safe or relegated they'll be either relaxed or bloody-minded / defensive

If they have something to fight for reminds me of Crewe in 1999. Their destiny already decided will be my preference.
Strap yourselves in on 15:35 - Mar 30 with 1082 views_clive_baker_

Strap yourselves in on 13:58 - Mar 30 by Wacko

Not sure I can buy into that. If they’re already down or safe they’ll likely be on the beach, half a mind on next season and some of them conscious that they’ll be looking elsewhere for contracts and wanting to stay fit. Probably also a half empty away end to cheer them on. If they need a result to stay up the whole build up from their perspective will be of a completely different intensity. Not necessarily conducive to them playing better admittedly, but certainly would keep them honest.
Strap yourselves in on 15:50 - Mar 30 with 996 viewsWacko

Strap yourselves in on 15:35 - Mar 30 by _clive_baker_

Not sure I can buy into that. If they’re already down or safe they’ll likely be on the beach, half a mind on next season and some of them conscious that they’ll be looking elsewhere for contracts and wanting to stay fit. Probably also a half empty away end to cheer them on. If they need a result to stay up the whole build up from their perspective will be of a completely different intensity. Not necessarily conducive to them playing better admittedly, but certainly would keep them honest.

Who knows but just going on the basis that we play better against teams who come at us

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Strap yourselves in on 17:49 - Mar 30 with 762 views_clive_baker_

Strap yourselves in on 15:50 - Mar 30 by Wacko

Who knows but just going on the basis that we play better against teams who come at us

Let’s hope they don’t need 1 point and us need 3 then. It would be L1 levels of bus parking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024