Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wardley showing his town adversity there 22:46 - Mar 31 with 1376 viewsFrimleyBlue

What a fighter.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 23:45 - Mar 31 with 1244 viewsWallingford_Boy

I mean fair play to him carrying on with no nose, but Jesus Christ, how corrupt is boxing!

One judge gave it as a land slide against him, yet somehow he didn’t lose!?

Great fight, but he clearly lost.

RIP Sir Bobby

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 00:11 - Apr 1 with 1175 viewsbackwaywhen

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 23:45 - Mar 31 by Wallingford_Boy

I mean fair play to him carrying on with no nose, but Jesus Christ, how corrupt is boxing!

Take the bloody nose away and result was fair , no early injury and he would have put him away IMHO
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 01:18 - Apr 1 with 1114 viewslizzibee

Not forgetting that Clarke spat his shield out a few times to buy some time for recovery. Having been at the fight, I think the second judge was wrong - it was way closer than that. Personally I think Fabio shaded it, but it was very tight
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 08:46 - Apr 1 with 844 viewssmithy69

I can talk from experience here, but he didn’t lose the fight IMO. I had him winning by 1 round, but regardless of that you have to beat the champion, not draw, and I feel Clarke didn’t do enough

You have to remember that there was a 10-8 round, and a point deduction which I scored as another 10-8. That’s 4 rounds Clarke had to make up just after those . The ref who gave it to Clarke by 5 rounds is an imbecile. It’s impossible to give it by 5
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 09:40 - Apr 1 with 726 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 08:46 - Apr 1 by smithy69

I can talk from experience here, but he didn’t lose the fight IMO. I had him winning by 1 round, but regardless of that you have to beat the champion, not draw, and I feel Clarke didn’t do enough

You have to remember that there was a 10-8 round, and a point deduction which I scored as another 10-8. That’s 4 rounds Clarke had to make up just after those . The ref who gave it to Clarke by 5 rounds is an imbecile. It’s impossible to give it by 5

The Sky Viewer vote had it very even.

Fabio clearly won the 11th, which put him up in my opinion, and both had moments in the Final Round, which I would have scored even. I think Fabio edged it because of the deduction, so ultimately a draw is a reasonable result.

Clarke collapsed at the end. He couldn't have gone another round.

I would love to see Fabio take a year out now and work on rebuilding his technique. He is amazingly brave, and has superb combination work, but his defence was almost non-existent. Against a crisp, and more mobile, range jabber like Joshua (who is the next level up, and therefore the kind of opponent he should be aspiring to fight, and so planning for, long-term) he would have been taken apart.

His only hope to take the next step is to improve his defence, in my opinion. Had he had excellent training as an amateur from young, just imagine how good he could have been.

He did himself, and ITFC, proud. An amazing man.
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 09:51 - Apr 1 with 697 viewsWallingford_Boy

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 09:40 - Apr 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

The Sky Viewer vote had it very even.

Fabio clearly won the 11th, which put him up in my opinion, and both had moments in the Final Round, which I would have scored even. I think Fabio edged it because of the deduction, so ultimately a draw is a reasonable result.

Clarke collapsed at the end. He couldn't have gone another round.

I would love to see Fabio take a year out now and work on rebuilding his technique. He is amazingly brave, and has superb combination work, but his defence was almost non-existent. Against a crisp, and more mobile, range jabber like Joshua (who is the next level up, and therefore the kind of opponent he should be aspiring to fight, and so planning for, long-term) he would have been taken apart.

His only hope to take the next step is to improve his defence, in my opinion. Had he had excellent training as an amateur from young, just imagine how good he could have been.

He did himself, and ITFC, proud. An amazing man.

Don’t get me wrong he did amazingly in the circumstances, he just didn’t box as well as I’d expected.

As you said, no defence and not sure he’d cope with the step up to the big boys.

Brilliant fight though.

RIP Sir Bobby

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 10:39 - Apr 1 with 629 viewscharlie1

Out of curiosity, seeing as Clarke wore THAT shirt a few weeks back, did he celebrate the draw with a lap of honour, open-topped bus ride and a civic reception where he was awarded the keys to the city of N****ch?
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 11:14 - Apr 1 with 566 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 00:11 - Apr 1 by backwaywhen

Take the bloody nose away and result was fair , no early injury and he would have put him away IMHO

Agree.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Wardley showing his town adversity there on 12:39 - Apr 1 with 495 viewsJimmy86

Got to say I, personally think Fabio was quite lucky last night... Yea he knocked Clarke down and there was the point deducted for the low blow, but to me Clarke looked to have had the majority of it... Clarke did lose his gumshield a few times though, as others have mentioned.

Fabio did have so much guts and determination to continue with the damage to his nose.. showed the heart of a warrior.. wonder if there'll be a rematch at Portman Road?!
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 12:47 - Apr 1 with 461 viewsportmanroadblue

Thought a draw was a fair result, Fabio has a lot to work on for the next step up, looked very raw.
Wardley showing his town adversity there on 14:38 - Apr 1 with 388 viewsPimsNumber1

Courageous fighter .Just shaded it for me.Looks far to raw to fight higher than British title at the moment.Little defence and too many haymaker wasting energy but what an itfc warrior 👍🏻👏🏻
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024