Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought. Is the PL 22:02 - Apr 1 with 1163 viewsDeano69

….even half as exciting as this??? Not just our games either.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:04 - Apr 1 with 1134 viewsMJallday

Nope . PL is just Man City and friends and a race to avoid relegation

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:06 - Apr 1 with 1103 viewsSwansea_Blue

It would be if we did what we did today. Every match has a bit more of an edge in the PL, as every win is harder to get and means a bit more. And when you do it against a big club (especially away), it's the stuff that memories are made of.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:07 - Apr 1 with 1089 viewsDeano69

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:06 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

It would be if we did what we did today. Every match has a bit more of an edge in the PL, as every win is harder to get and means a bit more. And when you do it against a big club (especially away), it's the stuff that memories are made of.

Fair point.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:08 - Apr 1 with 1061 viewsRyorry

Had exactly the same thought.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:13 - Apr 1 with 1017 viewsrailman

PL is well overrated. The big clubs have created a cartel. They have the best players, pay the most in wages, have the biggest squads. Get all the decisions from their referee mates and then when you do actually score, VAR will probably rule it out for something that happened 20 seconds earlier.
Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:13 - Apr 1 with 1005 viewsStevieH

No. If we did manage to finish top, perhaps we could stay down and defend our title
Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:14 - Apr 1 with 1001 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:07 - Apr 1 by Deano69

Fair point.

It all depends on how you do I suppose. It was better in L1 under KM than it was in the Championship under most of the 13+ years Evans owned us.

With a bit of luck I think we could make some waves in the PL under Kieran, and then we'd hear an atmosphere not heard for many years (decades?) at FPR.

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 949 viewsFrimleyBlue

Also after finishing watching Leeds game..
How annoying must it be for leeds and Leicester fans to have us up there. I've never really thought about it until now and how gutted I am hull threw a draw away. Yet they've probably felt the same way for the whole season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 946 viewsRyorry

Agree to a degree, but promotion to it & its wealth, securing the future to some extent for responsible clubs, adds an edge which I don't think can be replicated. The Ch'ship POF being called the most valuable game in football is not so without reason.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:24 - Apr 1 with 913 viewsVaughan8

Isn't the point that the PL that doesn't happen much and therefore is more boring.

The top 3 teams have lost 1 at home all season (west ham at Arsenal).
Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:27 - Apr 1 with 890 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:24 - Apr 1 by Vaughan8

Isn't the point that the PL that doesn't happen much and therefore is more boring.

Wins tend to be rarer, but they're more exciting as a result when they do happen. That all depends how you do of course. 2000/01 was a blast. As were the Burley years late 70s/early 80s.

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:28 - Apr 1 with 873 viewspointofblue

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:24 - Apr 1 by Vaughan8

The top three in the Championship have only lost five - four of those by Leicester.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:30 - Apr 1 with 864 viewstcblue

The PL will eventually eat itself.

Quite a shocking number of my friends - some of whom follow Big Six PL clubs - have said how much more entertaining the Championship has been.

I do wonder if Sky having rights to both is a good thing for either league.
Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:30 - Apr 1 with 855 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:27 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

Wins tend to be rarer, but they're more exciting as a result when they do happen. That all depends how you do of course. 2000/01 was a blast. As were the Burley years late 70s/early 80s.

I enjoyed 92-93 too.

The PL will be exciting if we are playing in it under McKenna. I am sure it will be as exciting as watching us under Burley.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:06 - Apr 1 with 757 viewsrailman

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:30 - Apr 1 by tcblue

The PL will eventually eat itself.

Quite a shocking number of my friends - some of whom follow Big Six PL clubs - have said how much more entertaining the Championship has been.

I do wonder if Sky having rights to both is a good thing for either league.

Be interesting if Sky offered EFL subscription rather than a subscription that includes everything. If you either give each side more TV money and reduce reliance on parachute payments it would be an even better league.
Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:07 - Apr 1 with 747 viewspointofblue

Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:06 - Apr 1 by railman

Be interesting if Sky offered EFL subscription rather than a subscription that includes everything. If you either give each side more TV money and reduce reliance on parachute payments it would be an even better league.

They just need to change the reward money based on league position. Instead of focusing millions in the Premier League, reduce the gap between places and divisions, so there isn’t such a gap between each.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:09 - Apr 1 with 737 viewsTrequartista

There are several tweets from envious PL club fans saying that VAR now prevents that sort of spontaneous eruption for the winning goal.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:30 - Apr 1 with 680 viewsrailman

Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:09 - Apr 1 by Trequartista

There are several tweets from envious PL club fans saying that VAR now prevents that sort of spontaneous eruption for the winning goal.

I hate VAR with a passion. Sure it can stop a bad mistake but who really cares if a goal is scored by a player whose shirt thickness is offside? VAR is a passion killer and stops the exhilarating feeling of when a goal is scored. The other issue with PL is that you eventually have to pay PL wages. If there wasn't parachute payments clubs would go bust. However, I think there should be changes. If you sell a player on a PL wage when you get relegated, you should lose that proportion of your parachute payment. Both Soton and Leicester sold players for really big money and reinvested that with quality signings, too good for the Championship. We had a different issue. All the players who were relegated had relegation clauses that allowed them to go on loan if the wages were fully met. That gave us a problem as we were losing 10 or more players with very little money coming in. We managed to get a transfer fee for Adams that helped us buy Ampadu, Gruev & Kamara for roughly Adam's fee.
Just a thought. Is the PL on 23:37 - Apr 1 with 616 viewsweepingx2018

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:14 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

It all depends on how you do I suppose. It was better in L1 under KM than it was in the Championship under most of the 13+ years Evans owned us.

With a bit of luck I think we could make some waves in the PL under Kieran, and then we'd hear an atmosphere not heard for many years (decades?) at FPR.

will take a lot to beat tonight....
Just a thought. Is the PL on 00:06 - Apr 2 with 562 viewsChurchman

Just a thought. Is the PL on 22:04 - Apr 1 by MJallday

Nope . PL is just Man City and friends and a race to avoid relegation

You forgot. It’s just Man City and friends and a race to avoid relegation and Sky telling us how marvellous a game is even if they are stinking the place out like ManC/Ars yesterday.

Didn’t think Liverpool/Brighton was up to much either but Sky told me otherwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024