Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... 09:56 - Apr 2 with 6875 viewsheavyweight

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/page/5

They really don't like us, think Morsy should have been red carded but fair play they did predict an injury time winner.
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 15:59 - Apr 2 with 764 viewspointofblue

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 15:54 - Apr 2 by Keno

dont see anything wrong there, ref got it spot on

[Post edited 2 Apr 15:54]

Reminds me of Summerville’s penalty yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:01 - Apr 2 with 743 viewsredrickstuhaart

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 15:59 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Reminds me of Summerville’s penalty yesterday.

The player twists as Burgess gets there, turning a shoulder to shoulder into something more on the back. Can see the argument. But then, Kayden was shoved in the back yesterday and didnt get it. Hardly a conspiracy. Ref will struggle to see from that angle whether its shoulders or not, and the Leicester guy went down like he'd been shot- clearly just waiting for contact. Little sympathy.
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:08 - Apr 2 with 723 viewsjayessess

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:01 - Apr 2 by redrickstuhaart

The player twists as Burgess gets there, turning a shoulder to shoulder into something more on the back. Can see the argument. But then, Kayden was shoved in the back yesterday and didnt get it. Hardly a conspiracy. Ref will struggle to see from that angle whether its shoulders or not, and the Leicester guy went down like he'd been shot- clearly just waiting for contact. Little sympathy.

Over the past couple of seasons they've massively screwed around with what constitutes sufficient contact for a penalty.

That Dewsbury-Hall one in the home game is a foul 80% of the time outside the penalty area and about 10% of the time inside. Just how officiating works now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:24 - Apr 2 with 693 viewsOldFart71

We are the flea on the elephants back and frankly they don't like it. Unlike them we don't have illusions of grandeur as a club we are what we are and where we wanted to be but perhaps didn't believe we would be so soon. We hope, but don't expect favours and to be honest we haven't had any more than anyone else. Blackburn, yes we were a tad fortunate, but the ref missed a stonewall pen. Southampton can't blame the sending off for their defeat. They had enough chances to be well ahead before we equalised. Nobody denies they are a good side and when playing for us both Downes and Frazer were great and we appreciate them for that. I do think their sending off was a bit controversial as if the player hadn't already been booked there was a case for him not being the last man, that was debatable. PR isn't a hostile environment like I believe Elland Road is and whereas I would say they influence refs, we don't and McKenna is not in the refs ear and although ex Man Utd he doesn't expect "Fergie Time" We have superb fans who in the main behave themselves. If they don't then they should be treated no different to any others. I am not keen on wind up merchants or those that diss other teams or fans although I know it's hard to turn the other cheek when silly unnecessary comments are being made. Shankley once said that football is more important than life or death. But it isn't and never will be.
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:50 - Apr 2 with 655 viewsWickets

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 10:22 - Apr 2 by ITFCBlues

We were lucky yesterday if we're all being honest. Managed to hang in the game, but we were 2nd best for long periods.

Your wrong for me as we stayed in the game although we were second best for the first 70 odd minutes, after that it was almost all us and I felt we might score at any time . One or two of their players including Downes seemed to run out of steam . We outlasted them a football match is for 90 + minutes, only one winner after we got our second goal .
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 589 viewsGeomorph

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 11:58 - Apr 2 by wkj

Foxes Talk liked us until we, and Leeds, became a legitimate threat. I think they don't hate Ipswich but are just feeling the pressure from having it in the bag and then falling away.

One thing about luck, is we have had a bit of good fortune on our side in a couple of recent games, but that's the rub of it really. Like all teams, we've had our fair share of s*ite luck to balance it out.

I have a sneaky suspicion most Leicester fans would be happy if they and Ipswich got promoted rather than they and Leeds.

as i think Lee Trevino (or another 70s golfer) once said... something along the lines of 'the better i get, the luckier i become'
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 522 viewsChurchman

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 17:30 - Apr 2 by Geomorph

as i think Lee Trevino (or another 70s golfer) once said... something along the lines of 'the better i get, the luckier i become'

I think it was Gary Player. But I suspect plenty of others have used it.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/gary_player_465529
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 18:06 - Apr 2 with 511 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So much confirmation bias if you read that thread for any length of time. Anything slightly fortuitous for us they're all over it like a rash, anything lucky for the opposition they either don't see it or ignore it.

I've been banned from there for pointing out some facts to this end. Have messaged the site owners to ask why and got no response. They, essentially, can't handle the truth.

There are some decent supporters on there who acknowledge you don't get to where we are, and for so long into a season, on luck. And that you make your own luck. But the majority are still in this weird "lucky Ipswich" bubble that's impossible to break, either through ignoring facts or not even allowing facts to be posted. Putineque.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 18:10 - Apr 2 with 505 viewsMK1

I spend a while going through the in match threads on here. It ain't much better unfortunately.
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 20:01 - Apr 2 with 393 viewsAlberto_the_frog

A vanilla yoyo club, one said. Funny, I remember top flight 68 - 86, second tier 2002 - 2019
Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 20:04 - Apr 2 with 385 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 16:08 - Apr 2 by jayessess

Over the past couple of seasons they've massively screwed around with what constitutes sufficient contact for a penalty.

That Dewsbury-Hall one in the home game is a foul 80% of the time outside the penalty area and about 10% of the time inside. Just how officiating works now.

It’s mostly a non-contact sport in the box now. Except for corners when you can pull shorts and wrestle your man to the ground as much as you want. It’s very inconsistent. Any challenge on the keeper is given as a foul too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spent the last 20mins chuckling over the Foxestalk in match thread... on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 320 viewsChurchman

Leicester have had about four times the number of penalties as us. Do they attack four times as much? No. Are we unlucky not to get a similar number of penalties? No.

The difference is they are schooled to dive, cheat, scream, feign injury more than any other club, including PL masters of cheating Leeds and Southampton. We don’t do that. Biggest offender: Dewdrop-Hall who goes down if a seagull flies by.

Such a talented player, he’d be even better if he spent more time on his feet hurting teams than rolling around screaming like one of those Civil War re-enactors.

If they think we are garbage and lucky, fine. Let them think that. Their problem. For us, let’s see what we can do against the next ugly team in front of us on Saturday and enjoy what the club is doing and where we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024