Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder 19:27 - Apr 3 with 6264 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The bullsh1t detector is sounding loud and strong.
It is literally criminal what we have allowed them to get away with.

Edit...Furthermore...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/israel-gaza-ai-database-hamas-airs

'According to +972 and Local Call, the IDF judged it permissible to kill more than 100 civilians in attacks on a top-ranking Hamas officials. “We had a calculation for how many [civilians could be killed] for the brigade commander, how many [civilians] for a battalion commander, and so on,” one source said.

“There were regulations, but they were just very lenient,” another added. “We’ve killed people with collateral damage in the high double digits, if not low triple digits. These are things that haven’t happened before.” There appears to have been significant fluctuations in the figure that military commanders would tolerate at different stages of the war.'

[Post edited 3 Apr 19:59]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 697 viewspointofblue

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 10:37 - Apr 5 by redrickstuhaart

Of course, Israel are an internaionally recognised state, whilst Hamas are a terrorist organisation. Do they really want to be held to the same standards? They are certainly achieving them.

Of course a two state solution inevitably involves recognition of Israel. But the opposition to that solution is primarily Israeli.

Not helped by Hamas refusing to recognise Israel's existence.

The Good Friday peace process only happened because the IRA were willing to lay down arms and accept Northern Ireland still being part of the UK, albeit with further powers and safeguards being passed to Stormont. They accepted a position they had previously vehemently opposed to achieve peace.

Israel needs to accept the two state solution, as do Hamas. Until both parties do, this will just continue.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:10 - Apr 5 with 687 viewsredrickstuhaart

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:08 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

The Good Friday peace process only happened because the IRA were willing to lay down arms and accept Northern Ireland still being part of the UK, albeit with further powers and safeguards being passed to Stormont. They accepted a position they had previously vehemently opposed to achieve peace.

Israel needs to accept the two state solution, as do Hamas. Until both parties do, this will just continue.

You cannot ignore the disparity in power here though.
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:21 - Apr 5 with 656 viewsjayessess

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:08 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

The thing in Northern Ireland was the willingness of the international community to demand concessions from the dominant community (ie. the Unionists) that significantly addressed the issues that led to the conflict.

The Provisional IRA split from the Official IRA in the wake of the violent repression that confronted the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association in 1968/69, the Good Friday Agreement broadly addressed the demands of that social movement. The GFA conceded things that Unionists had been willing to beat up unarmed demonstrators to prevent happening in the 1960s. The reason the Unionists parties accepted it was in part because the US and UK governments pushed for them to do so.

If those more powerful outside forces hadn't done so, if they'd assumed that because Sinn Fenn's constitution formally calls for a United Ireland (still does!) there was no hope for peace, the GFA couldn't have happened.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:33 - Apr 5 with 632 viewsleitrimblue

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 17:27 - Apr 4 by lowhouseblue

that's the question i asked in my first post on the thread. you can criticise israel without doubting that their sole intent is to destroy hamas and indeed, in so far as that objective allows, to limit civilian casualties while doing that. fighting in that environment comes at an unavoidable civilian cost - to justify that you have to believe that the military objectives are realistically achievable and the cost is proportionate. i don't think either of those now hold and we need an immediate ceasefire. but personally i don't doubt that israel's only objective has been to destroy hamas.

'But personally I don't doubt that Isreals only objective has been to destroy Hamas'

Good morning Lowhouse I am an African Prince with a large amount of money I need to temporarily deposit into an account....
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:43 - Apr 5 with 598 viewsChorleyBoy

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:33 - Apr 5 by leitrimblue

'But personally I don't doubt that Isreals only objective has been to destroy Hamas'

Good morning Lowhouse I am an African Prince with a large amount of money I need to temporarily deposit into an account....

Hmmm, I'm not sure Lowie will fall for that old chestnut. Might be worth trying the Israeli Prince version though.
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 585 viewspointofblue

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:21 - Apr 5 by jayessess

The thing in Northern Ireland was the willingness of the international community to demand concessions from the dominant community (ie. the Unionists) that significantly addressed the issues that led to the conflict.

The Provisional IRA split from the Official IRA in the wake of the violent repression that confronted the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association in 1968/69, the Good Friday Agreement broadly addressed the demands of that social movement. The GFA conceded things that Unionists had been willing to beat up unarmed demonstrators to prevent happening in the 1960s. The reason the Unionists parties accepted it was in part because the US and UK governments pushed for them to do so.

If those more powerful outside forces hadn't done so, if they'd assumed that because Sinn Fenn's constitution formally calls for a United Ireland (still does!) there was no hope for peace, the GFA couldn't have happened.

That is true, and that's why Israel need to not only openly agree to a two state solution but also make clear moves to instigate it's creation - for example, remove the illegal settlements on the West Bank.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:50 - Apr 5 with 568 viewsleitrimblue

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:43 - Apr 5 by ChorleyBoy

Hmmm, I'm not sure Lowie will fall for that old chestnut. Might be worth trying the Israeli Prince version though.

Good morning Lowhouse I am a Isreali Prince who's only objective as been to destroy Hamas. I have a large amount of money I need to temporarily deposit into an account?
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:59 - Apr 5 with 544 viewsChorleyBoy

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 11:50 - Apr 5 by leitrimblue

Good morning Lowhouse I am a Isreali Prince who's only objective as been to destroy Hamas. I have a large amount of money I need to temporarily deposit into an account?

Looks okay. Let me know how you get on.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 17:53 - Apr 5 with 399 viewsEireannach_gorm

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 08:11 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

I was referring specifically to Swansea’s post regarding the 7 British citizens killed in the Israeli strike on World Central Kitchen aid convoy, which appears to be a tragic mistake. Not the indiscriminate bombing and killing of innocent Palestinians which I have repeatedly condemned.

Edit for predictive text misspelling when typing Palestinians.
[Post edited 5 Apr 21:23]

Not a tragic mistake, the IDF were informed of this convoy.

'The team's movements had been agreed with COGAT - the Israeli body responsible for the Gaza borders that had the identities of the humanitarian workers on the operation.'

They are quite happy to shoot first and ask questions afterwards. Even their own account of what happened trips the bullsh1t detector ( couldent get in contact with anyone to stop it, right ).

https://news.sky.com/story/grave-mistake-idf-releases-findings-of-what-went-wron
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 21:13 - Apr 5 with 305 viewsBigalhunter

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 08:11 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

I was referring specifically to Swansea’s post regarding the 7 British citizens killed in the Israeli strike on World Central Kitchen aid convoy, which appears to be a tragic mistake. Not the indiscriminate bombing and killing of innocent Palestinians which I have repeatedly condemned.

Edit for predictive text misspelling when typing Palestinians.
[Post edited 5 Apr 21:23]

‘Tragic mistake’ ?
‘Pjestisns’ ?
You’re crashing headlong into the absolute weapon territory that Melanie Philips inhabits, albeit without her charisma or literacy.
Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 21:16 - Apr 5 with 297 viewsredrickstuhaart

Watching the Israeli military and government spokesmen on the latest Gaza murder on 21:13 - Apr 5 by Bigalhunter

‘Tragic mistake’ ?
‘Pjestisns’ ?
You’re crashing headlong into the absolute weapon territory that Melanie Philips inhabits, albeit without her charisma or literacy.

Indeed.

If I persistently drive at 60 in a 30, whilst drinking beer, its not a tragic mistake when I accidentally, and unintentionally murder a group of kids crossing the road. Its a risk I have actively chosen to take on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024