Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers 22:45 - Apr 4 with 763 viewsMark

I see there are vastly different qualification rules in different groups of four. If England (group A3) finish bottom, we will still qualify for the play-offs. If Scotland or Wales win their groups (B2 and B4) they would only get a play-off spot. I suspect it is about protecting the bigger nations and having more closely matched teams play each other on TV. It is linked to the Nations' League somehow and becomes more complicated that I can be bothered to work out. I wish football could be kept simple!

https://www.uefa.com/womenseuropeanqualifiers/news/028b-1a5c8e5864a6-f67be0dc5b6
'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 23:01 - Apr 4 with 702 viewsPerublue

Yea I noticed that a few weeks back when they did the draw.. it’s getting like rugby league with a different format every season

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 23:03 - Apr 4 with 694 viewsRonFearonsHair

Will be interested to see whether they follow suit in the ‘River Island’ Men’s qualifiers.
'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 474 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess maybe that will keep the tournament more competitive.

There is a risk in the women's game that the balance isnt there. The World Cup was a bit like that. England didnt play anyone of note until the Final.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 08:34 - Apr 6 with 291 viewsMark

'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 10:20 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess maybe that will keep the tournament more competitive.

There is a risk in the women's game that the balance isnt there. The World Cup was a bit like that. England didnt play anyone of note until the Final.

The main competition should be competitive, but I think the qualifiers should be an equal chance for every team. As it stands the big teams play each other every match, which seems to be the way all football is going for the TV companies and advertisers. If men's international qualifiers go the same way, Harry Kane's 62 goals will never be beaten.
'New Look' Women's Euro 2025 Qualifiers on 10:51 - Apr 6 with 222 viewsRyorry

Not a fan of this - just looks and feels wrong.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024