Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away support 01:46 - Apr 7 with 2686 viewsBlooos

Been told by a few scum supporting friends that our support was p*ss poor. Thought I barely heard us on the tv all game either. Seems to be a bit of a theme away from home we don’t start singing properly until we’re winning? Anyone lucky enough to get a ticket to Norwich away needs to be belting their lungs out not standing in silence for 90.
Away support on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 2179 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I can only comment in regards to the TV and we didn’t seem that loud - but the whole atmosphere sounded a bit flat (much like the game). It didn’t come across the firey derby that we had at PR. Would also add that we didn’t hear a peep out of the budgies on TV for the home game.
Away support on 14:28 - Apr 7 with 2116 viewsMK1

Maybe you should try harder to get a ticket if you think you can do better. Absolutely laughable how some on here are trying to turn it on our supporters who travel up and down this country supporting the lads, no matter what or where in the league we are. If you go to as many games as those who were there, then you can stand where we were stood.
Away support on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 2067 viewsbackwaywhen

Surely this ticket (400) had something to do with it , it must impact the noise somehow , office workers and partners are never going to be belting out Town songs , how on earth was this allowed to happen .
Away support on 16:32 - Apr 7 with 1912 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I didn’t get a ticket yesterday but have been to 12 other away games this season many of which I’ve left with hardly any voice left to talk from singing. So I’m not quite sure what you are talking about.
Away support on 10:41 - Apr 8 with 1514 viewsportmanroadblue

Thought the atmosphere from our end was pretty good, even without much to cheer about. Loudest Ive heard the scum though, which may have been the reason they think we was quiet.
Away support on 13:14 - Apr 8 with 1271 viewsstonojnr

Away support on 14:38 - Apr 7 by backwaywhen

Surely this ticket (400) had something to do with it , it must impact the noise somehow , office workers and partners are never going to be belting out Town songs , how on earth was this allowed to happen .

How ? There were 1800 other fans there, thats larger than some of away support has been in some seasons, maybe ask them instead what was going on. This 400 thing is just a distraction.

Could it possibly be Sky don't set up the sound to let away fans sing songs they dont want to broadcast at lunchtime all the time ?
Away support on 17:04 - Apr 8 with 1075 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The live stream and the Telly never picks up any singing properly because the mic's are omni-directional and are all pointing at the pitch. Every away game I've been to this season, the vast majority don't stop singing and go home horse.

Guess you have to be there to know.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Away support on 18:09 - Apr 8 with 989 viewsMullet

Away support on 13:14 - Apr 8 by stonojnr

How ? There were 1800 other fans there, thats larger than some of away support has been in some seasons, maybe ask them instead what was going on. This 400 thing is just a distraction.

Could it possibly be Sky don't set up the sound to let away fans sing songs they dont want to broadcast at lunchtime all the time ?

Pretty much everyone blue or yella has said the atmosphere was terrible and the Town fans the worse they'd known at a derby.

I'm not sure you can dismiss that easily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Away support on 19:28 - Apr 8 with 854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Away support on 14:38 - Apr 7 by backwaywhen

Possibly, although Norwich charging straight at us from the off, winning a corner in the first few seconds and snapping into challenges winning loads of turnover may have had a bigger impact. There wasn’t a lot to cheer about for large parts of the game, especially first half.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Away support on 22:53 - Apr 8 with 675 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

It was noticeably quiet in the away end, and I don't remember Norwich ever making as much noise as they did, with that annoying drum. We never did anything on the pitch to shut them up but that doesn't excuse how quiet we were.

Initially, I thought it was probably nerves, because it was raucous enough on the concourse before the game, but we were half decent in the first ten minutes which would normally increase the volume.

Regular attendence at away games is the only thing that qualifies you to make that assertion though, so I assume you do regularly attend. I'd be interested to know which other away games this season, or last, you have also thought the Town fans were quiet during?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024