Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? 14:08 - Apr 8 with 1321 viewsSitfcB

Weren’t they given some points back from the first deduction after an appeal?

What’s the point?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:13 - Apr 8 with 1257 viewsTrequartista

I don’t understand how it is fair that you receive the punishments for 2 separate seasons in 1 season

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:24 - Apr 8 with 1173 viewsBlueBlood90

It'll be even more of a farce when Leicester get a minimum of £300m (3 years of parachute payments) out of them for cheating their way to promotion.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:27 - Apr 8 with 1128 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:13 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

I don’t understand how it is fair that you receive the punishments for 2 separate seasons in 1 season

They're putting rules in place this summer so that can't happen again. There had to be a catch up at some point for it to switch to a 1 season only cycle.

Can't see their appeal working. On the basis that the first one was reduced to 6 points(assuming 2 points per year of breach) - the 2 points this time seems to match it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:47 - Apr 8 with 1013 viewsChurchman

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:27 - Apr 8 by JammyDodgerrr

They're putting rules in place this summer so that can't happen again. There had to be a catch up at some point for it to switch to a 1 season only cycle.

Can't see their appeal working. On the basis that the first one was reduced to 6 points(assuming 2 points per year of breach) - the 2 points this time seems to match it.

They want Everton in the PL so the points deduction will reflect that. A don’t be a naughty boy slap on the wrist. They’re also happy to see Leicester in it as their great effort a few years back legitimises the general uncompetitive nature of it. They will get a hefty fine of say £150.00 reduced on appeal to 20p whist they cream off £300m by cheating.

The grotesque nature of the PL with its closed shop, false excitement and lack of competitiveness makes me sick. Would I like to see us in the PL? Of course because you want to be as good as you can be let alone the £££, but on the other hand the nauseating way it’s rigged makes it a bit of a poison chalice. Nor do I fancy seeing us trampled all over as Sheffield Utd have been. There’s no fun in that.
Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:49 - Apr 8 with 1004 viewsIllinoisblue

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:24 - Apr 8 by BlueBlood90

It'll be even more of a farce when Leicester get a minimum of £300m (3 years of parachute payments) out of them for cheating their way to promotion.

And even more of a farce when Man City win the league again with 115 charges of cheating hanging over them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 15:36 - Apr 8 with 796 viewsRadlett_blue

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 14:47 - Apr 8 by Churchman

They want Everton in the PL so the points deduction will reflect that. A don’t be a naughty boy slap on the wrist. They’re also happy to see Leicester in it as their great effort a few years back legitimises the general uncompetitive nature of it. They will get a hefty fine of say £150.00 reduced on appeal to 20p whist they cream off £300m by cheating.

The grotesque nature of the PL with its closed shop, false excitement and lack of competitiveness makes me sick. Would I like to see us in the PL? Of course because you want to be as good as you can be let alone the £££, but on the other hand the nauseating way it’s rigged makes it a bit of a poison chalice. Nor do I fancy seeing us trampled all over as Sheffield Utd have been. There’s no fun in that.

The Premier League has long been a huge Tv driven, multi million pound business that makes everyone associated with it rich, so no one wants to do anything to derail the gravy train. The biggest issue is the separate jurisdiction between the PL & the FL, which means that cheating your way to promotion is a rational strategy. However, I don't see any way of squaring this circle.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 16:31 - Apr 8 with 655 viewsReus30

I read that apparently the PL want further point deductions for costs associated with the stadium construction.

Now to me, this is black and white. If it's a capital cost (i.e a stadium!), it shouldn't form part of PSR. Same applies to infrastructure etc. If there is an issue with cost allocation, that's an audit issue, not a club or league issue.

This is why the rules are so stupid if the League isn't understanding of it's own rules.
Premier League is a bit of a farce isn’t it? on 16:37 - Apr 8 with 632 viewsMK1

Total farce of the rules and league. They have the easiest run in out of those down there, so should be alright.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024