Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting possible scenario . . 11:49 - Apr 16 with 3531 viewsBattersea_Blue

Pinched from the Southampton fans forum.

If the top 4 win all their remaining games, except Leicester who can’t if Southampton beat them, the table before the final day fixtures would be:-

Ipswich - 95
Leicester - 94
Leeds - 93
Southampton - 93

What a final day that would be, especially as it’s Leeds v Southampton.

Don’t think my heart could take it . .
Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:53 - Apr 16 with 3404 viewsbluelagos

Good job there's no smoking at Portman Rd or I'd probably take it up again just for the match.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:54 - Apr 16 with 3402 viewsJ2BLUE

Would still be must win territory for us, at least at kick off.

Hopefully Huddersfield will be on the beach and celebrating staying up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:55 - Apr 16 with 3391 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Would take that now though wouldn't we?
Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:58 - Apr 16 with 3353 viewssmithy69

Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:54 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Would still be must win territory for us, at least at kick off.

Hopefully Huddersfield will be on the beach and celebrating staying up.

Would prefer they were down for moral purposes to be fair - even though I like them more than the others down There
Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:00 - Apr 16 with 3339 viewstonybied

Watching Sky would be unbearable if this turns out to be the case! Can you imagine how many times we will be shown the live table!
Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:02 - Apr 16 with 3315 viewsPinewoodblue

The important thing is that destiny is in our hands.

Can see Leicester getting a draw on Saturday against WBA and suspect we will drop 2 pts against either Hull or Coventry.

This would mean, going into last game.

Leeds 93
Ipswich 93
Southampton 93
Leicester 92

A win over Huddersfield would see us promoted alongside the winner of Leeds/ Southampton, or if that was a draw we would go up , as Champions, with Leicester.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:15 - Apr 16 with 3133 viewsFtnfwest

Main hope at the moment for me is that Leeds dont get max points form the next two games before we play again (boro away and qpr away). If they get 4, which on current form they may not, they would be 2 points ahead but we'd have 2 games in hand. In other words allows us one slip up out of the last 3 games.
This would all have to rely on Leicester beating southampton as well to stop them sneaking in!
Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 3001 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

That would be a great position to be in and better than the current one we find ourselves in.

Ironically after for the last few months thinking we might need a favour from Southampton vs Leeds it is possible we could end up in a scenario where we need a favour from Leeds to beat Southampton. Bonkers.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:59 - Apr 16 with 2796 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:15 - Apr 16 by Ftnfwest

Main hope at the moment for me is that Leeds dont get max points form the next two games before we play again (boro away and qpr away). If they get 4, which on current form they may not, they would be 2 points ahead but we'd have 2 games in hand. In other words allows us one slip up out of the last 3 games.
This would all have to rely on Leicester beating southampton as well to stop them sneaking in!

This is my main focus also. Leeds winning both would obviously be the worst possible scenario. Boro in very good form, QPR have picked up somewhat in recent weeks. Two draws would be fantastic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 2668 viewsle2blue

Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:53 - Apr 16 by bluelagos

Good job there's no smoking at Portman Rd or I'd probably take it up again just for the match.

I had two Marlboro Lights during extra time of the Bolton play off game, hadn't really smoked before. Felt sick throughout the game, felt even worse afterwards!
Interesting possible scenario . . on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 2611 viewswithyblue

What company is the biggest manufacturer of transistor radios? I want to invest.

Interesting possible scenario . . on 13:42 - Apr 16 with 2364 viewsmathiemagic

Interesting possible scenario . . on 13:15 - Apr 16 by withyblue

What company is the biggest manufacturer of transistor radios? I want to invest.

And I will be on a transistor radio from way up north in Scotland that day as am at a music fest glued to the action. Will be unbearable

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 14:26 - Apr 16 with 2101 viewsleftback

The Leeds Southampton game would become irrelevant if Leicester and town win so not a very interesting scenario at all.

Whatever happens I’m pretty sure we’ll need to win our last game, fingers crossed Huddersfield will already be relegated
Interesting possible scenario . . on 16:04 - Apr 16 with 1705 viewsOldFart71

I still think it will be as such. Leicester 98, Town 93 and Leeds and Saints 91.
Interesting possible scenario . . on 16:21 - Apr 16 with 1630 viewsReus30

Interesting possible scenario . . on 16:04 - Apr 16 by OldFart71

I still think it will be as such. Leicester 98, Town 93 and Leeds and Saints 91.

Ah yes, Leicester winning all 4 games.....

You up to date with your medication OldFart? Some of your posts are very off-planet.
Interesting possible scenario . . on 17:01 - Apr 16 with 1496 viewsDinDjarin

Interesting possible scenario . . on 12:59 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

This is my main focus also. Leeds winning both would obviously be the worst possible scenario. Boro in very good form, QPR have picked up somewhat in recent weeks. Two draws would be fantastic.

2 of Boro's best players are on loan from Leeds so wont be able to play
Interesting possible scenario . . on 17:38 - Apr 16 with 1352 viewsSwansea_Blue

The only way I could cope with a last day like that would be under general anaesthetic!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 1216 viewsbackwaywhen

Interesting possible scenario . . on 17:38 - Apr 16 by Swansea_Blue

The only way I could cope with a last day like that would be under general anaesthetic!

I’ve got the the nerves just reading these comments , all too much even at this early stage …..unbelievable Jeff .
Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:19 - Apr 16 with 1126 viewsReusersTown

Interesting possible scenario . . on 17:01 - Apr 16 by DinDjarin

2 of Boro's best players are on loan from Leeds so wont be able to play

You think luke ayling is one of their best players?
Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:24 - Apr 16 with 1095 viewsITFC_Forever

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:19 - Apr 16 by ReusersTown

You think luke ayling is one of their best players?

I think he’s a massive bellend…. But he set up Boro’s goal on Saturday and created at least one other clear cut chance.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:28 - Apr 16 with 1077 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:03 - Apr 16 by backwaywhen

I’ve got the the nerves just reading these comments , all too much even at this early stage …..unbelievable Jeff .

I’ve been a bit like that for several weeks now. I’ve got no idea how the players can cope.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:44 - Apr 16 with 1017 viewsBattersea_Blue

Interesting possible scenario . . on 14:26 - Apr 16 by leftback

The Leeds Southampton game would become irrelevant if Leicester and town win so not a very interesting scenario at all.

Whatever happens I’m pretty sure we’ll need to win our last game, fingers crossed Huddersfield will already be relegated

That’s not the scenario I painted, is it?

That scenario IS interesting, which was the post, as all other responses to this thread have alluded.

Your first para in answer to the OP is irrelevant, as that wasn’t the scenario I painted, was it?

Your 2nd para is relevant and as someone else posted, at kick off, yes, we’d have to win to be sure.

Why try to diss a genuine, potential scenario post, when nobody else has?

You have a good handle, but should add “in the changing rooms”
Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 995 viewsMK1

As long as it is still in our hands on the final day, I think we will do it. Don't want to rely on others, that would be unbearable.
Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 992 viewsRyorry

Interesting possible scenario . . on 11:58 - Apr 16 by smithy69

Would prefer they were down for moral purposes to be fair - even though I like them more than the others down There

I've never been a fan of the opposition teams "having (allegedly) nothing left to play for" theory when we need points off them.

I think it can also work the other way - all the tension's released from their legs, they can play with freedom and express themselves because it doesn't matter quite so much any more.

They also have an obligation of fairness to other teams in the league, not to mention their & their fans pride to play for.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:55 - Apr 16 with 968 viewsBattersea_Blue

Interesting possible scenario . . on 18:49 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

I've never been a fan of the opposition teams "having (allegedly) nothing left to play for" theory when we need points off them.

I think it can also work the other way - all the tension's released from their legs, they can play with freedom and express themselves because it doesn't matter quite so much any more.

They also have an obligation of fairness to other teams in the league, not to mention their & their fans pride to play for.

Yes, totally agree with this.

In the scenario I painted, if that happens or if we need to win the last game to 100% secure autos, I so, so, so hope Huddersfield don’t need a point to guarantee survival, so we get the low block, park the bus . . 😩
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024