Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! 22:15 - Apr 16 with 2601 viewsDubtractor

Leicester have lost 6 of the last 10, we've not won in 3, Leeds have only won one in 5, and despite Southampton just winning 3 home games on the spin, they were 3 without a win before that, and also lost to Bristol City, Millwall and Hull in quick succession in February.

Of course any of us may hit peak form for the run in, but its just as likely that odd results will crop up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:16 - Apr 16 with 2572 viewsNutkins_Return

I'm just stressing that 2 of them will get more points than us. Be boring if it was easy though wouldn't it!!
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:19 - Apr 16 with 2536 viewsDubtractor

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:16 - Apr 16 by Nutkins_Return

I'm just stressing that 2 of them will get more points than us. Be boring if it was easy though wouldn't it!!

It's stressful enough during the 90s minutes (my heart rate has only just slowed up from Saturday!) without stressing about all the what ifs during the week too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 2526 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 2519 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I must have missed that Dubs, I've not seen much of what you are describing, I have seen two posts with pre-emptive moaning about booing from nigh on a year ago though.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:23 - Apr 16 with 2477 viewsnorfsufblue

Alternatively there's only definitely 2pts that WILL be dropped by the whole top 4!...... but it is the best eventuality for us as it means the 3 others will drop 8* in total!

* edited 6 to 8..even better!
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:29]
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:59 - Apr 16 with 2224 viewsHighgateBlue

Absolutely.

For me the key point is that we will know so much more by the time we play our next game. Leeds and Leicester play twice before that happens.

For Leeds, that's two thirds of their remaining games before we next kick a ball. If Leeds lose those two, for example, we only need two draws from three games to finish above them. That really does put a different complexion on things. If Leeds win their next two, then we will know that we have little margin for error (despite the consequential hit on Saints).

We really can't know how many points we will need. We may need to win all three, or we may know at the start of the Hull match that we just need to win that one to go up!
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 23:06 - Apr 16 with 2189 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's bloody stressful tho ain't it.

Like a leicester fan just tweeted. At 11pm Tuesday they could be top and promoted or 4th.

For town. We could play Hull. Win and get promoted.
Or know we have to win 3 games to be promoted.

I don't know how anyone is nice and relaxed about it all. We are sooooooo close.

Worse thing is. 2 x post widths away from being 6 points clear of 3rd. Grrrrr.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 23:15 - Apr 16 with 2110 views_clive_baker_

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 23:06 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

Like a leicester fan just tweeted. At 11pm Tuesday they could be top and promoted or 4th.

I don't know how anyone is nice and relaxed about it all. We are sooooooo close.

Couple of worldie saves from Hladky saved us a point to be fair. Boro were good for that.
Login to get fewer ads

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 00:34 - Apr 17 with 1941 viewsEuropablue

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 22:19 - Apr 16 by Dubtractor

It's stressful enough during the 90s minutes (my heart rate has only just slowed up from Saturday!) without stressing about all the what ifs during the week too.

Football is the only thing that I can't control that I stress about, actually maybe add my kids to that!
Worrying about the results of other clubs is a step too far.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 00:48 - Apr 17 with 1928 viewsIllinoisblue

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 23:06 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

Wait, they could be promoted Tuesday night? Two wins for them, obvs, and defeat for Leeds?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 01:02 - Apr 17 with 1918 viewssquiz

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 00:48 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

Wait, they could be promoted Tuesday night? Two wins for them, obvs, and defeat for Leeds?

Yup. Would put them on 94 and Leeds and Southampton could get 93 max.

In that scenario we'd need 2 draws and a win to go up too.

Bonkers.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 01:08 - Apr 17 with 1908 viewsEuropablue

I just hope that we get promoted before the final day of the season, or I'm going to have to excuse myself from visiting friends.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 01:49 - Apr 17 with 1863 viewsIllinoisblue

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 01:02 - Apr 17 by squiz

Bonkers.

Bonkers indeed. Feels as if Leicester beat WBA Saturday they’ll have one foot firmly in the auto door.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 05:42 - Apr 17 with 1713 viewsSitfcB

Didn’t even cross my mind that another team could get promoted whilst we don’t play hahaha ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 09:50 - Apr 17 with 1273 viewsyorkshireblue

A lot has been made of Leciester's form, but the majority of those defeats have come away from home. If they win their remaining home games they are promoted.

Surprisingly they (on current form) seem so much more comfortable at home as the atmosphere at the King Power when we was there was by far the worst I've seen from home fans this season.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 09:56 - Apr 17 with 1220 viewsportmanking

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 01:02 - Apr 17 by squiz

Bonkers.

TBF, I'd firmly get behind that scenario! Would take a bucketload of pressure off the Hull game.

Not fussed about winning the title one iota!
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 11:44 - Apr 17 with 989 viewssquiz

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 09:56 - Apr 17 by portmanking

TBF, I'd firmly get behind that scenario! Would take a bucketload of pressure off the Hull game.

Not fussed about winning the title one iota!

Same here. Feels weird as it takes 1 space away, so 4 into 2 becomes 3 into 1. But if Leeds and Southampton are damaged thats good for us.

Feels like Boro vs Leeds is the biggest one for me. If Leeds win, that would be massive for them.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 11:50 - Apr 17 with 941 viewsportmanking

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 11:44 - Apr 17 by squiz

Same here. Feels weird as it takes 1 space away, so 4 into 2 becomes 3 into 1. But if Leeds and Southampton are damaged thats good for us.

Feels like Boro vs Leeds is the biggest one for me. If Leeds win, that would be massive for them.

It'd be 3 into 1, but 2 of the 3 would be severely handicapped points-wise!

It'd also mean a win at Hull gives us the headroom to win just one of our last two games - a Coventry side playing their fourth game in nine days or a potentially already-relegated Huddersfield!
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 11:51 - Apr 17 with 938 viewsArnoldMoorhen

FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 23:15 - Apr 16 by _clive_baker_

Couple of worldie saves from Hladky saved us a point to be fair. Boro were good for that.

Plus the back pedalling claw from the last gasp 50 yarder that saved another point.

That could be the point that makes a difference.
FFS, stop stressing that every team will win every game! on 12:51 - Apr 17 with 810 viewsVaughan8

Agreed.

We can't do anything about it anyway. Its great to still have it in our hands. We win our 3 games, we are up.

Hull have to play the midweek before our game against them (against Coventry) and then Coventry will have played sun, wed, sat before us on the Tues.
We can definitely do it. At first I thought missing the game this weekend might not help us, but actually, we aren't in great form so a 2 week break may be good!

These next two away games remind me a bit of Peterboro' and Barnsley away last season towards the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024