Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before we next play 10:37 - Apr 17 with 1953 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What’s the biggest match for us? The one where we will all know we’ve a real chance of seeing a result go our way.

I’d say Leeds away at Boro has a chance of being fruitful.

As a completely random note, we could do with QPR losing this week to Preston. If they lose, they’ll go in to that Friday night game the week after against Leeds knowing a win keeps them up. But that a loss puts them up sh*t creek.If they win this week, they'll be almost definitely safe and on the beach.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Before we next play on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 1922 viewsTractorCam

Leeds lost to our awful lot on the final day of the 18/19 season, so i'm hoping it's in their DNA to choke on these sort of games.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Before we next play on 11:07 - Apr 17 with 1801 viewsEuropablue

It has to be a Leeds match because we know that Leicester have to drop points twice to make our job easier. If Leicester lose, we can win the league by winning our final three matches, but no-one is thinking about winning the league. It's all about promotion. For Leicester they play two important games in West Brom and Southampton against whom you are half expecting them to drop points against. I'd much rather have our fixtures than theirs.
For Leeds it is any game they play, because even a straight forward looking match can go the other way. If I had to give one answer it would be Boro away.
Before we next play on 11:19 - Apr 17 with 1727 viewsSomethingBlue

Leeds at Boro is absolutely pivotal for me. If they don't win there, I really think it is wide open for us.
[Post edited 17 Apr 11:19]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Before we next play on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 1637 viewstextbackup

To get top two - I’d say Leeds boro.

To get top spot - probably Leicester Soton

(I know not a single one of us cares if we get 1st or 2nd though)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Before we next play on 12:18 - Apr 17 with 1485 viewssquiz

Yeah Boro Leeds is the biggest one for me. If Boro win that would be massive for us.
Before we next play on 21:55 - Apr 17 with 1074 viewsWestSussexBlue

Cardiff v Saints for me, If Southampton drop points they’re virtually consigned to the play offs. They may have some momentum currently which needs to be tempered. That said, getting decent results against Leicester and Leeds would then give them confidence heading in to the play offs also in turn helping us.
Before we next play on 16:29 - Apr 18 with 652 viewsBattersea_Blue

I don’t think you can determine what the biggest match is, as the next biggest match depends how results pan out.

The biggest match right now is Leicester v WBA, cos it kicks off first. That result could change our thinking. Then it’s Cardiff v Southampton, which again will possibly change the permutations and therefore our thinking. Then Borough v Leeds, ditto.

Let’s say, for example, the results are:-

Cardiff 2 Southampton 1
Leicester 1 WBA 1
Middlesbrough 2 Leeds 0

Does that really change our thinking or tactics for our game at Hull?

In my opinion, no. While I can’t say I know KM, I feel pretty sure he’ll never set us out to play for a draw, and certainly not for a loss. He’ll set us up to try and win at Hull and also at Coventry. Our players know no other way.

So, for me, the importance of other results is irrelevant. We’re in the driving seat and even now we know what we have to do as it’s in our own hands. Even if it wasn’t, it wouldn’t change how KM sets us up for any of our last 3 games.
[Post edited 18 Apr 16:43]
Before we next play on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 648 views_clive_baker_

Leeds and Southampton slipping up.

It matters not what Leicester do if the above happens. That would mean 2 wins guarantees us promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

Before we next play on 16:33 - Apr 18 with 623 viewsSteve_M

Before we next play on 16:30 - Apr 18 by _clive_baker_

Leeds and Southampton slipping up.

It matters not what Leicester do if the above happens. That would mean 2 wins guarantees us promotion.

About that:

Cardiff rolling over already.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Before we next play on 16:40 - Apr 18 with 583 views_clive_baker_

Before we next play on 16:33 - Apr 18 by Steve_M

About that:

Cardiff rolling over already.

Darn. Over to Leicester on Tuesday night then!
Before we next play on 16:44 - Apr 18 with 559 views_clive_baker_

Before we next play on 16:29 - Apr 18 by Battersea_Blue

I don’t think you can determine what the biggest match is, as the next biggest match depends how results pan out.

The biggest match right now is Leicester v WBA, cos it kicks off first. That result could change our thinking. Then it’s Cardiff v Southampton, which again will possibly change the permutations and therefore our thinking. Then Borough v Leeds, ditto.

Let’s say, for example, the results are:-

Cardiff 2 Southampton 1
Leicester 1 WBA 1
Middlesbrough 2 Leeds 0

Does that really change our thinking or tactics for our game at Hull?

In my opinion, no. While I can’t say I know KM, I feel pretty sure he’ll never set us out to play for a draw, and certainly not for a loss. He’ll set us up to try and win at Hull and also at Coventry. Our players know no other way.

So, for me, the importance of other results is irrelevant. We’re in the driving seat and even now we know what we have to do as it’s in our own hands. Even if it wasn’t, it wouldn’t change how KM sets us up for any of our last 3 games.
[Post edited 18 Apr 16:43]

I don't think there's any sequence of results that would change our tactics or approach at all at this stage, there's still time for twists and turns and we'll go to Hull looking to take the game to them. Its how we play, its the best chance we've got of getting points, and that won't change.

Supposing we went in to Huddersfield at home knowing a draw guarantees us promotion then arguably even then it wouldn't change our approach particularly. Of course our in 'game management' would probably be reflective of it in certain situations, but until that point I don't think we'll see any change to our approach at all.
Before we next play on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Before we next play on 11:07 - Apr 17 by Europablue

It has to be a Leeds match because we know that Leicester have to drop points twice to make our job easier. If Leicester lose, we can win the league by winning our final three matches, but no-one is thinking about winning the league. It's all about promotion. For Leicester they play two important games in West Brom and Southampton against whom you are half expecting them to drop points against. I'd much rather have our fixtures than theirs.
For Leeds it is any game they play, because even a straight forward looking match can go the other way. If I had to give one answer it would be Boro away.

But Leicester are on worse form. We are currently ahead of all 3 and games in hand are only worth the points they actually yield.

Whoever out of the other 3 it is, any dropped points make our task easier. Conversely, those we drop make it harder. It would be lovely to see 2 of the others lose a couple of matches or fail to win 3 of them, whoever it is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Before we next play on 17:17 - Apr 18 with 481 viewsJ2BLUE

The next one!

They are all banana skins. Not sure any games are easy at this point. I fancy West Brom to at least push Leicester close. Boro and QPR will give Leeds a battle as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024