Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? 09:12 - Apr 18 with 2766 viewsMaySixth

see it time and time again

lose - be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
"I've lost my appetite"

loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
"a loose tooth"
[Post edited 18 Apr 9:13]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

And “allowed” and “aloud” on 11:11 - Apr 18 with 726 viewsfranz_tyson

And “allowed” and “aloud” on 11:07 - Apr 18 by EJP

I blame Girls Aloud for that one, as an entire generation now believes it’s the correct spelling of “allowed” due to their band name.

Got nuffing on Slade.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:11 - Apr 18 with 726 viewsnoggin

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:02 - Apr 18 by Rocky

There's been a lot of "are" instead of "our" recently.
As in "Let's get behind are team."

It's usually "are country".

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:12 - Apr 18 with 726 viewsfranz_tyson

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 10:55 - Apr 18 by Parky

Morsey

Davies is getting more popular.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 698 viewsChorleyBoy

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:31 - Apr 18 by EdwardStone

One of the very few things that irks me is the incorrect spelling when referring to loathesome Leeds born peadophile

His name is spelled Savile....not Saville

There is a handy reminder in the last part of his name...

Evil spelled backwards,,, a vile man
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:01]

"Evil spelled backwards" ... live
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:20 - Apr 18 with 690 viewsgiant_stow

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 by geg1992

How about when people put a space before the question mark?

Fun fact: the French do that if they're proper. I learnt this from a horrible sh1thead of a French lawyer who had me finding a way of making her site do this (and on other punctuation) without line breaks.
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:23 - Apr 18 with 678 viewsEddyJ

Less and fewer.

Less - a lower amount of something you can't count. e.g. "there is less water".

Fewer - a lower amount of something you can count. e.g. "there are fewer glasses of water".
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:27 - Apr 18 with 661 viewsChorleyBoy

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ?

And why do so many put a space before punctuation marks?
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:29 - Apr 18 with 654 viewsChorleyBoy

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:27 - Apr 18 by ChorleyBoy

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ?

And why do so many put a space before punctuation marks?

And why do people post identical comments as other people in a thread?
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 12:46 - Apr 18 with 595 viewsSmithersJones

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:12 - Apr 18 by franz_tyson

Davies is getting more popular.

We can do a whole team:

Hldaky
Clark
Davies
Edmondson
Humpries
Morsey
Longo
Hutchison
Harkness
Broadchurch
Hurst
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 12:47 - Apr 18 with 596 viewsskippysablue

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:57 - Apr 18 by gainsboroughblue

When you have a name that can spelled two (or more) different ways and you send somebody a work email (which obviously shows the correct spelling), then the fecker replies saying 'Hi (wrong spelling), thank you for your email.

Boils my pi$$ that

That really boils my pi$$. When people now ask my name and how to spell it I say.
My name is Liam
Spelt: Leighümè. With and umlaut on the U and and accent on the e.

Really confuses the courier drivers as they try to enter the name into
Their PDA
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 577 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:09 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

Oh god, that's absolutely the worst one at the minute.

Any Town player name people on here must have seen at least 100 times just makes you cringe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 576 viewsBluesky

I used to live in Loose, a village south of Maidstone. Was always intrigued by what went on at The Loose Womens Association and the Loose Bowls Club.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 13:09 - Apr 18 with 560 viewsoldburian

Road signs that inform ‘Road liable to flooding’.

Road liable to flood!
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 14:31 - Apr 18 with 495 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I've always had an issue with "Overexaggeration"

Isn't Exaggeration enough

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 16:07 - Apr 18 with 447 viewsSE1blue

Saw a thread on here saying that the most important game left was Leicester V West Brom, next Saturday.

It’s not next Saturday, it’s this Saturday. Next Saturday is the 27th. Hopefully Leicester read the thread and will turn up a week late.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 17:22 - Apr 18 with 398 viewsronnyd

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:43 - Apr 18 by WeWereZombies

Is that the only misunderstanding that annoys you or are there any other pacific examples ?

You had oceans of time to think that up.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 17:30 - Apr 18 with 392 viewshoppy

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 17:22 - Apr 18 by ronnyd

You had oceans of time to think that up.

Maybe he was just trying to channel something else?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 20:26 - Apr 18 with 330 viewssolemio

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 13:01 - Apr 18 by Bluesky

I used to live in Loose, a village south of Maidstone. Was always intrigued by what went on at The Loose Womens Association and the Loose Bowls Club.

I rather like the Ugley Women's Institute.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 20:28 - Apr 18 with 318 viewssolemio

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 09:15 - Apr 18 by DarkBrandon

“Would of”

I would of if I could of. But I cant.
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:32 - Apr 18 with 276 viewsChorleyBoy

Awesome. I hate "awesome".
Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:38 - Apr 18 with 270 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 11:29 - Apr 18 by ChorleyBoy

[Post edited 18 Apr 11:30]

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:39 - Apr 18 with 270 viewsWeWereZombies

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 17:30 - Apr 18 by hoppy

Maybe he was just trying to channel something else?

Well I'm glad someone can sea what I'm getting at...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:42 - Apr 18 with 265 viewsStenvict

Person turns 30, "Chapter 30". No, it's Chapter 31. Chapter 1 was from the day you were born to the day you turned 1.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:47 - Apr 18 with 252 viewsWeWereZombies

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 13:09 - Apr 18 by oldburian

Road signs that inform ‘Road liable to flooding’.

Road liable to flood!

But it isn't the road that is the active agent, nearby water is responsible for the flood and then it is the road that suffers the flooding.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why do so many people confuse 'lose' with 'loose' ? on 21:49 - Apr 18 with 250 viewsMK1

It's very quite in here.
Your welcome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024