Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bricking it about the Hull game 14:34 - Apr 18 with 3097 viewsIllinoisblue

And yet, we ripped them a new one at home. There is no need to be afraid, it’s all going to be okay. Right? Right?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:38 - Apr 18 with 2756 viewsSitfcB

They’re gonna be knackered, they play Coventry next Wednesday as well.

Really hoping they’re going to be out of play-off race by the time we play them.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:39 - Apr 18 with 2749 viewshype313

Hmm, they didn't have Carvahlo when we played them in October, he's a cheat code in this league.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 2711 viewsIllinoisblue

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:39 - Apr 18 by hype313

Hmm, they didn't have Carvahlo when we played them in October, he's a cheat code in this league.

True. He’s good. But back then Omari wasn’t fully involved for us as he is now. (Burns was excellent that night, oh how good it would be to have him back)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:47 - Apr 18 with 2677 viewssquiz

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:38 - Apr 18 by SitfcB

Really hoping they’re going to be out of play-off race by the time we play them.

Yeah Hopefully Hull and Coventry will be on the beach by the time we play them.
Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:48 - Apr 18 with 2664 viewsLankHenners

Zaroury as well who was one of Burnley's star players last season.

Their attacking options are a bit of a joke really, but think one of the criticisms of Rosenior is that he's struggled to find a way to get them all into the game and really firing. All seems a bit off the cuff and hoping one of them produces some magic, which they're certainly capable of doing.

Hopefully it's a bit like the home game where we're a bit more structured and precise with what we're doing which gives us the edge. Just said on another thread though, it's their final game at home and they may need to win it to keep 6th spot alive for them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:49 - Apr 18 with 2659 viewsElderGrizzly

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:47 - Apr 18 by squiz

Yeah Hopefully Hull and Coventry will be on the beach by the time we play them.

They could/will be out of the playoffs after this weekend if Norwich win too I think, so even before they play each other
Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:58 - Apr 18 with 2590 viewsDanTheMan

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:48 - Apr 18 by LankHenners

Their attacking options are a bit of a joke really, but think one of the criticisms of Rosenior is that he's struggled to find a way to get them all into the game and really firing. All seems a bit off the cuff and hoping one of them produces some magic, which they're certainly capable of doing.

Hopefully it's a bit like the home game where we're a bit more structured and precise with what we're doing which gives us the edge. Just said on another thread though, it's their final game at home and they may need to win it to keep 6th spot alive for them.

When I watched them against Leeds they looked threatening without doing all that much. They were really missing someone like Hirst to bring it all together.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bricking it about the Hull game on 15:27 - Apr 18 with 2391 viewsKieran_Knows

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:58 - Apr 18 by DanTheMan

When I watched them against Leeds they looked threatening without doing all that much. They were really missing someone like Hirst to bring it all together.

If memory serves me correctly, Rosenior was very complimentary about Hirst after we beat them down here earlier this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Bricking it about the Hull game on 15:29 - Apr 18 with 2374 viewsbaxterbasics

I might feel more relaxed if we weren't coming from a three game no-win streak. Need to find goals again. Burns back as provider will help.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 15:54 - Apr 18 with 2236 viewsLankHenners

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:58 - Apr 18 by DanTheMan

Yeah whenever I've watched them this season they seem to get in a lot of good positions but struggle to get the final bit right, or just take too long to get there then can never create a clear opening.

They've only just got Delap back from an injury spell who is a bit Hirst-like so that might help them out a bit on that front.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 16:05 - Apr 18 with 2182 viewsBattersea_Blue

Bricking it about the Hull game on 15:29 - Apr 18 by baxterbasics

I might feel more relaxed if we weren't coming from a three game no-win streak. Need to find goals again. Burns back as provider will help.

You’re not taking into account our usual bounce back ability.

Kieran will do his usual, one game at a time. What happened 3 games ago won’t come into the equation.

In the game v Hull itself, right now we don’t know how they will stand when that game kicks off. They might be out of the playoffs altogether, still have a remote chance or still be in the thick of it. Both their results and Norwich/WBA results will determine that. They play Watford away and Coventry away before they play us, not easy. Norwich play Bristol City and Swansea at home and WBA play Leicester away and Sheffield Wed away before Hull v Ipswich kick off. Still too many permutations to compute how Hull will be feeling when our game kicks off.

For us, that’s an advantage, as we won’t have kicked a ball in all that time/activity and KM will have drilled into our boys the game plan for 2 solid weeks.

My only worry is our away form in general against the top 11 teams as the table stands, which is 2 wins,1 draw and 5 defeats, with Hull and Coventry to play. The 2 wins v Southampton and Bristol City, both 0-1’s, were early in the season too.

It’s all up in the air and fine margins will determine how the top 4 order pans out. It’s both exciting and nail biting.

Personally, I’m a nervous wreck, while praying KM can get us over the line, by hook or by crook.
Bricking it about the Hull game on 16:13 - Apr 18 with 2127 viewsReusersTown

Have they not performed similarly or worse since he arrived.
Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:12 - Apr 18 with 1790 viewsExiled2Surrey

Bricking it about the Hull game on 16:05 - Apr 18 by Battersea_Blue

You’re not taking into account our usual bounce back ability.

Kieran will do his usual, one game at a time. What happened 3 games ago won’t come into the equation.

In the game v Hull itself, right now we don’t know how they will stand when that game kicks off. They might be out of the playoffs altogether, still have a remote chance or still be in the thick of it. Both their results and Norwich/WBA results will determine that. They play Watford away and Coventry away before they play us, not easy. Norwich play Bristol City and Swansea at home and WBA play Leicester away and Sheffield Wed away before Hull v Ipswich kick off. Still too many permutations to compute how Hull will be feeling when our game kicks off.

For us, that’s an advantage, as we won’t have kicked a ball in all that time/activity and KM will have drilled into our boys the game plan for 2 solid weeks.

My only worry is our away form in general against the top 11 teams as the table stands, which is 2 wins,1 draw and 5 defeats, with Hull and Coventry to play. The 2 wins v Southampton and Bristol City, both 0-1’s, were early in the season too.

It’s all up in the air and fine margins will determine how the top 4 order pans out. It’s both exciting and nail biting.

Personally, I’m a nervous wreck, while praying KM can get us over the line, by hook or by crook.

The other point is that their home form is not as good as the away form, oddly - they have 32 points from 22 games at home, but 33 points from 20 games away. They share a ground with the local rugby league team - so that might have something to do with it - but their next home fixture is the day after we play them.

That record might help us in our game against them, or it might mean that they come into our game having performed well in their prior fixtures away from home and are therefore more likely to be up for it - who knows?
Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:17 - Apr 18 with 1769 viewstextbackup

Bricking it about the Hull game on 15:27 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

If memory serves me correctly, Rosenior was very complimentary about Hirst after we beat them down here earlier this season.

Top manager him, wouldn’t be sad if he replaced KM

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:18 - Apr 18 with 1763 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's OK. He'll not want to upset his future employers so he will play average against us :)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:30 - Apr 18 with 1694 viewsSoCalTownFan

Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:18 - Apr 18 by FrimleyBlue

It's OK. He'll not want to upset his future employers so he will play average against us :)

Southampton , Leeds and Leicester won't get all the points in the games they have before the Hull visit. They literally can't. We will be well in the mix by then and all we will have to do is get some points.

-Booourns and Hirst will be back
-Everyone else will be well rested
-Hull will be out of play off contention
-Hull will be knackered
-same goes for Coventry the following game
-Huddersfield will be relegated and if not a) we are at home b) they are crap

Simples, Premier league here we come.
Bricking it about the Hull game on 06:59 - Apr 19 with 1192 viewstextbackup

This one had been worrying me, but the closer it gets the more I think we are going to be absolutely on one. Come out flying, and put in the type of performance that makes that rest go ‘oh wow’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bricking it about the Hull game on 08:54 - Apr 19 with 1040 viewsbaxterbasics

Bricking it about the Hull game on 06:59 - Apr 19 by textbackup

This one had been worrying me, but the closer it gets the more I think we are going to be absolutely on one. Come out flying, and put in the type of performance that makes that rest go ‘oh wow’

I really hope so - but what I think will decide it is the mental resilience of our players. As much as Kieran has always had the 'one game at a time, not looking at the table' attitude - it's got to be in their heads now how close we are, just as it is in ours. So yes they may well be 'on it' from the off - but I fear more misplaced passes, more skied shots, poorer decisions in the box - just hoping Leicester and Leeds get it worse with the pressure they are under.

I'm a pessimist I know, still got fingers and toes crossed and hoping for the best!

zip

Bricking it about the Hull game on 08:56 - Apr 19 with 1041 viewsDanTheMan

Bricking it about the Hull game on 06:59 - Apr 19 by textbackup

I know it's not going to happen but part of me dreams of looking at the team sheet and seeing Hirst and Burns starting.

Bricking it about the Hull game on 08:59 - Apr 19 with 1027 viewsBlueBlood90

Bricking it about the Hull game on 19:17 - Apr 18 by textbackup

Top manager him, wouldn’t be sad if he replaced KM

I agree with this. Wouldn't be against him being manager one day at all. However I'd rather not think about KM leaving for another decade.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 990 viewsbaxterbasics

Bricking it about the Hull game on 08:56 - Apr 19 by DanTheMan

I know it's not going to happen but part of me dreams of looking at the team sheet and seeing Hirst and Burns starting.

I feel Burns is quite possible, from the bench at least. Hirst is likely to be rusty even if he's fully recovered.

zip

Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:16 - Apr 19 with 952 viewsvilanovablue

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:38 - Apr 18 by SitfcB

Also 6 points behind Norwich with an inferior goal difference. With 2 games to play before us there is every likelihood they can't get to the playoffs
Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:29 - Apr 19 with 916 viewsDanTheMan

Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:08 - Apr 19 by baxterbasics

I feel Burns is quite possible, from the bench at least. Hirst is likely to be rusty even if he's fully recovered.

Yup, I imagine we'll see Burns on the bench... maybe Hirst if we're really lucky.

Either would be a huge bonus.

Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:48 - Apr 19 with 869 viewsEuropablue

Hull are just the type of side that we are suited to playing against.
Our home crowd can get nervy, so it might suit us to be away.
If Burns is available that would be a huge boost.
On the percentages we should be winning all three of these matches. The problem is, things don't always go to plan.
I am just hoping that the rest and maybe a bit of focus on finishing means that they will come back sharp and give it their all for the last three matches.
I always find it better to remain positive as it usually brings better results, no point defeating yourself before you have even tried!
Bricking it about the Hull game on 09:50 - Apr 19 with 858 viewsEuropablue

Bricking it about the Hull game on 14:48 - Apr 18 by LankHenners

That will mean that they won't be sitting back. Watford were a tough nut to crack with some very good attacking players.
Middlesborough are a better side than Hull, so hopefully it will be a little easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024