Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Least disliked team from each division 22:55 - Apr 18 with 3676 viewsChorleyBoy

Looking at the English clubs playing in Europe this week, the most disappointing result for me is that Villa are through to the semis of the Europa Conference League.

I've disliked Villa since 1981/82 and because of Andy Gray
I've disliked Citeh since the 1981 FA Cup semi-final.
Liverpool, because... always
West Ham since 1975
Arsenal because of "The" Arsenal.

All this has got me thinking whether there are any clubs that we Town fans collectively like in any of the leagues.

Here's my list of least offensive club from each of the 4 divisions:

EPL: Brentford
CHA: Plymouth
Lg1: Barnsley
Lg2: Wimbledon

Least disliked team from each division on 09:47 - Apr 19 with 816 viewsfarkenhell

Least disliked team from each division on 08:26 - Apr 19 by Europablue

Prem: Newcastle (my best friend supports them and I like the accent, maybe Everton because my friend supports them and I feel sorry for a team when they spend so much and actually get worse!)
Champ: Plymouth (nice green kit, I like them from last season, I also really want Sheffield Wednesday to stay up now they have Danny Rohl)
League one: Portsmouth (I really feel their pain and I like to see well supported clubs more at their natural level or may be Barnsley)
League two: Wimbledon (for their backstory, also Col U, not because I have any real fondness for them, just that they are an Essex team)

How about least liked?
Prem: West Ham (I just hate to see people in Chelmsford with West Ham kits when they should be Ipswich Fans)
Champ: Leicester (they were the team that I was willing to do well in the Prem, but they deserve a comeuppance for they way they have been run and their fans think we're lucky, I used to hate Leeds, but I think their fans are actually alright after this season, I'm also starting to hate Norwich, I used to like them and I have a good friend who is a Norwich fan but, the two games we played against them this season really put me off them)
League one: Cheltenham (or Fleetwood, I don't have a strong feeling about either, it's just because we got bad results against them or their tiny stadiums remind me of our time in League One)
League two: Forest Green Rovers (I don't like the arrogance of coming into a club and making it vegan it's almost as if the club didn't exist before the current owner came in, I don't like it when an owner moulds the club in his image, also that club also reminds me of the dark days of League One)

"I used to like them".

Good grief, that's some admission!
Least disliked team from each division on 09:50 - Apr 19 with 797 viewslizzibee

EPL - Newcastle
Champ - Millwall
Lg One - Exeter or Port Vale (undecided)
Lg Two - Wimbledon
Least disliked team from each division on 09:59 - Apr 19 with 784 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Least disliked team from each division on 07:01 - Apr 19 by TractorWood

Has to be queen of the South. Their mascot is a giant border collie and their claim to fame is that they are the only club mentioned in the bible.

You need to qualify that statement.

Hearts is definitely in the bible... "In your hearts honour Christ" etc

There is a Bethlehem FC.

Even Grasshoppers get a mention.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Least disliked team from each division on 10:09 - Apr 19 with 768 viewsEuropablue

Least disliked team from each division on 09:47 - Apr 19 by farkenhell

"I used to like them".

Good grief, that's some admission!

One of my best friends is from Norwich, although his postcode was for Ipswich!
Being as I'm from Essex, I'm a foreigner (even though I have relatives in Suffolk), so I just don't have the same experience of Norwich.
Norwich used to give us so many points that I couldn't help feeling positive about them.
I've always been a supporter of ITFC in my heart, but in the time that Norwich have had the upper hand on us I have been living all over and only managed to get to a handful of games. I'd still have the notifications on my phone and be staring at the live score page on the BBC when matches were on, but I wasn't all that engaged.
Last season I was living in a really small flat, so it either wasn't fair to take up the living room or I didn't have the time to spare to watch matches live.
This year, I have watched every match live apart from the Norwich home match, that I watched on catch up without knowing the result and I have my basement room to watch the football in my new house so I am much more engaged. I have forgotten any negative feelings I had for Norwich, but I actually felt physically sick seeing all that yellow at their place and their smugness to beat us with only one decent chance. I was thinking it would be nice for them to go up with us, now I'm actively supporting the other team!
Least disliked team from each division on 10:13 - Apr 19 with 764 viewsBattersea_Blue

For me it's:-

Prem - Brighton and Brentford (well run and honest football clubs)
Also Spurs but only because of Jimmy Greaves, who was my hero as a kid.

Championship - Plymouth (always had respect for them, even more after last season)
Middlesbrough - Steve Gibson, top owner

League 1 - Barnsley (as others have said, real class at the play off final)

League 2 - Crewe (done so well to survive)

Scotland
Aberdeen (from Alex Ferguson's time there)
East Stirling (not sure if they're still in existence. Always the strugglers.
Least disliked team from each division on 10:38 - Apr 19 with 726 viewsDinDjarin

Fulham
QPR
Port Vale
Notts County
Least disliked team from each division on 10:43 - Apr 19 with 719 viewsTractorWood

Least disliked team from each division on 09:59 - Apr 19 by Tangledupin_Blue

You need to qualify that statement.

Hearts is definitely in the bible... "In your hearts honour Christ" etc

There is a Bethlehem FC.

Even Grasshoppers get a mention.

I don't need to really qualify it as it's obviously nonsense.

That's what I love about the claim.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Least disliked team from each division on 10:47 - Apr 19 with 708 viewsChorleyBoy

Least disliked team from each division on 07:01 - Apr 19 by TractorWood

Has to be queen of the South. Their mascot is a giant border collie and their claim to fame is that they are the only club mentioned in the bible.

The Three Wise Men were Orient fans, weren't they?

They even had their own song about it:

Login to get fewer ads

Least disliked team from each division on 11:04 - Apr 19 with 688 viewslizzibee

Least disliked team from each division on 08:42 - Apr 19 by Crawfordsboot

Would Town feature in a similar survey carried out across other clubs? I like to think so.

I give a shout out for Port Vale. Real old school football ground where I sat amongst the locals last season for the Town visit and they were a very friendly lot.

I included Vale as the away trip last season was brilliant and lovely set of fans in a proper old school ground. they made us feel very welcome. Same for Exeter so couldn't pick between them
Least disliked team from each division on 12:36 - Apr 19 with 626 viewsKropotkin123

Tottenham (Dad's team + Son)
Bristol City (Lived the for uni + a bit after
Leyton Orient (Great Grandads team - Used to love visiting him and hear tales of Shelton's hands being as big a difference between his and mine to Shilton and his.)
Wimbledon (I just couldn't believe what happened to them at the time. I hated MK for a long time).

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Least disliked team from each division on 12:56 - Apr 19 with 578 views_clive_baker_

Least disliked team from each division on 11:04 - Apr 19 by lizzibee

I included Vale as the away trip last season was brilliant and lovely set of fans in a proper old school ground. they made us feel very welcome. Same for Exeter so couldn't pick between them

That's fine, but Newcastle?
Least disliked team from each division on 17:01 - Apr 19 with 486 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Least disliked team from each division on 09:38 - Apr 19 by Tangledupin_Blue

Don't have one for each division but a soft spot for some...

Oldham Athletic. Dad and lots of family from there.

Bristol Rovers. My Bristol mate was a Gas from Fishponds and he died young.

Newcastle United. When I was a child I played for a team in the iconic black and white stripes.

Celtic. A 1967 thing plus their green hoops is terrific kit and they're not nasty Rangers.

Stranraer. Just always looked out for their results. Their away strip is tartan. Wow!

Stenhousemuir. Looked at their website years ago and it was really funny with them taking the mickey out of themselves.

Truro City. Knew a girl from there.

Tow Law Town. Liked the name when I was a kid and that Newcastle kit.

Arsenal. They're not Tottenham.

Tranmere. They are not Liverpool nor Everton.
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:56]

Because I cant believe I have not seen it elsewhere on here my most disliked teams are

Budgies,
Budgies Reserves
Budgies U23's
Budgies U21's
Etc
Any team that plays in Norfolk in yellow.
Any team that regularly plays close to the River Wensum
Any team that thinks Grant Holt was not a cheating B......d
Any team that has a scarf celebrating "Canaries in Europe" (Hardly used).
Any team that has a "South Stand" that is named after a bloke and not a direction.
Any team that lives on Letsby Avenue.
Least disliked team from each division on 17:17 - Apr 19 with 476 viewsJ2BLUE

Spurs
Plymouth
Charlton
Colchester (oh come on, it's not a rivalry, they are a little brother)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Least disliked team from each division on 17:27 - Apr 19 with 464 viewsjudespiveyg

PL: Palace
Chmp: QPR
Lg 1: Charlton
Lg 2: Donny Rovers

General soft spot for all S. Yorkshire teams as well
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:33]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Least disliked team from each division on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 462 viewsLancsBlue

Least disliked team from each division on 23:56 - Apr 18 by BluePG

Montrose! Yes!

Look out for their results every week. Have promised myself that I’ll go and watch them one day. All stems from my father’s first Hornby train being “The Duchess of Montrose.”

I've been to 30 Scottish grounds and Montrose was the only one where I got abuse for being English!

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Least disliked team from each division on 17:33 - Apr 19 with 450 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Crystal Palace
QPR
Charlton
Harrogate

Borehamwood
Motherwell
Real Betis (favourite ever FM save)
Least disliked team from each division on 18:21 - Apr 19 with 409 viewsrunaround

Premier League - Palace (I was born about a mile away)
Championship - Sunderland(unless we’re playing them!)
League One - Burton(always a nice away trip)
League Two - AFC Wimbledon (Best mates team)
Scotland - Montrose ( picked lower Scottish team about 40 years ago)
Least disliked team from each division on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 399 viewsmonkeymagic

Palace
QPR
Port Vale
Stockport County
Non league is Rochdale & Scunthorpe.

Palace aside, my picks are due to the various clubs having loyal supporters considering the sh*t they’ve had to endure in recent seasons.
Least disliked team from each division on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 365 viewsMK1

Least disliked team from each division on 06:47 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

I'd go along with them

Looking oveseas I'd go with

Lens
Dortmund
Atletico Madrid
Cagliari
Brugges
Eindhoven
Sporting Lisbon

AC Milan & Real Madrid are my only foreign clubs.
Least disliked team from each division on 19:35 - Apr 19 with 358 viewsSwansea_Blue

So most liked then?

I’ve got a soft spot for Bury after our trips up there with Burley’s boys. It struck me as a proper old school club. I’ve also been a regular homer at Cheltenham, Wrexham, Chester, Swansea, and less so at Liverpool, Aberystwyth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 and Watford. Take from that what you will.

Ps. I quite don’t dislike Ipswich too, even if they’re really lucky
[Post edited 19 Apr 19:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Least disliked team from each division on 19:47 - Apr 19 with 348 viewslazyblue

Have absolute no affection for any other club apart from us.
Least disliked team from each division on 20:16 - Apr 19 with 328 viewsVanSaParody

Least disliked team from each division on 17:33 - Apr 19 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Crystal Palace
QPR
Charlton
Harrogate

Borehamwood
Motherwell
Real Betis (favourite ever FM save)

Oh my word, what a pleasure it is to see Boreham Wood
Not only is it where I'm originally from (now live in Coventry), but I used to play there
Wood Army!
Least disliked team from each division on 21:06 - Apr 19 with 304 viewssolemio

Tottenham - back to the era of Blanchflower, White, Mackay etc.
Preston N E - Just imagine how good they would be if it was the whole of Preston.
Barnsley - same reasons as many have said.
Morecambe - nice place!
Queen of the South - wife's family connection (even though she was an Essex girl!) plus they are one of only 46 teams mentioned in the Bible and the Book of Common Prayer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024