Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough 17:15 - Apr 20 with 3267 viewsskankerman

That won’t be an easy place for Leeds to go and take 3 points on Monday
A draw would work in our favour especially with Southampton still to play them which once again could easily be a draw.
If we concentrate on our own game then we are in control of our own destiny.
Great season by all associated with our club.
Come on you Blues
Going to be a long week ⚽️⚽️🤣🤣
Middlesbrough on 17:17 - Apr 20 with 3120 views_clive_baker_

A Boro win would work more in our favour.
Middlesbrough on 17:18 - Apr 20 with 3106 viewsbackwaywhen

KMs old mate will want to win that for both Boro and McKenna.
Middlesbrough on 17:25 - Apr 20 with 3048 viewstextbackup

Boro looked bloody good down here, can tell they are well coached. A draw really isn’t out of their reach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Middlesbrough on 17:30 - Apr 20 with 2990 viewsLord_Lucan

Middlesbrough on 17:25 - Apr 20 by textbackup

Boro looked bloody good down here, can tell they are well coached. A draw really isn’t out of their reach

And you can bet your life Kieron will be giving as much help to Carrick as he can and Carrick will be doing his best for his mate.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Middlesbrough on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 2959 views_clive_baker_

Middlesbrough on 17:30 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

And you can bet your life Kieron will be giving as much help to Carrick as he can and Carrick will be doing his best for his mate.

Not sure we’re that well placed to advise on how to beat Leeds to be fair.

Come on Boro, fooking smash them.
Middlesbrough on 17:35 - Apr 20 with 2907 viewsHighgateBlue

Unless Leeds beat Boro AND QPR (both before we play again), we now know that 2 wins from the last 3 will put us up. That's a very realistic scenario.
Middlesbrough on 17:44 - Apr 20 with 2795 viewsGeoffSentence

Boro will weakened though, Ayling and Greenwood cant play.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Middlesbrough on 17:45 - Apr 20 with 2782 viewsLord_Lucan

Middlesbrough on 17:32 - Apr 20 by _clive_baker_

You are of course 100% correct.

I had a complete brain spasm and thought we could help Middlesboro as we had just played them, to make it worse my current mind thought we had beaten them.

My thoughts ideas are currently completely useless.

I'm a mess - and I haven't had a drink.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough on 17:48 - Apr 20 with 2742 viewsbazza

Middlesbrough on 17:45 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

I had a complete brain spasm and thought we could help Middlesboro as we had just played them, to make it worse my current mind thought we had beaten them.

McKenna can help, send the replays and say don’t play like that Michael.
Middlesbrough on 18:00 - Apr 20 with 2660 viewsbilllm

Middlesbrough on 17:44 - Apr 20 by GeoffSentence

Boro will weakened though, Ayling and Greenwood cant play.

They haven't to much to play for tbh, pride pride pride, terrible start ruined their season, very good team,
Middlesbrough on 18:10 - Apr 20 with 2565 viewsEastTownBlue

Middlesbrough on 18:00 - Apr 20 by billlm

They haven't to much to play for tbh, pride pride pride, terrible start ruined their season, very good team,

Cardiff had little to play for.

Hull and Coventry may have little to play for by the time we visit them. We can all go a bit crazy about this and that until these matches are played.
Middlesbrough on 18:21 - Apr 20 with 2476 viewsFrimleyBlue

Middlesbrough on 17:32 - Apr 20 by _clive_baker_

Do what all other sides have who took points. Don't get st them.. frustrate them and hit them on the counter.

And go hard on summerfield inside 3 minutes please.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Middlesbrough on 18:46 - Apr 20 with 2386 viewsquad

Middlesbrough on 18:21 - Apr 20 by FrimleyBlue

Do what all other sides have who took points. Don't get st them.. frustrate them and hit them on the counter.

And go hard on summerfield inside 3 minutes please.

It's Summerville, Frimmers.

What is going hard on summerfield? A large supermarket trolley full of shopping? How will that help?

Middlesbrough on 19:54 - Apr 20 with 2231 viewsGlasgowBlue

Middlesbrough on 17:30 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Although McKenna didn't do his mate Carrick much help when we played the scum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Middlesbrough on 20:19 - Apr 20 with 2132 viewsITFC_Forever

Boro will have two of their players missing, as Ayling and someone else who I’ve forgotten are on loan from Leeds, so that won’t help.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Middlesbrough on 20:26 - Apr 20 with 2102 viewsSwansea_Blue

If I had to bet on it, I’d go for Leeds and Leicester getting over their respective blips and winning all their remaining games. Who knows though as it’s been a very predictable season with the top few of us consistently winning, until we don’t. Un-callable imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Middlesbrough on 20:52 - Apr 20 with 1974 views_clive_baker_

Middlesbrough on 20:26 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

If I had to bet on it, I’d go for Leeds and Leicester getting over their respective blips and winning all their remaining games. Who knows though as it’s been a very predictable season with the top few of us consistently winning, until we don’t. Un-callable imo.

The difference between Leeds getting 6 points from their next 2 and anything less than that feels massive innit. With their GD we would have to beat both Hull and Cov to go in to the final day with it in our own hands if they win these next 2. If they pick up 4 points rather than 6 then we can win 1 and lose 1.
Middlesbrough on 22:39 - Apr 20 with 1752 viewsquirkie

Bar a massive GD change, Boro can't make the play offs so my fear is they'll be on the beach from now on, can't see anything other than a Leeds win on Monday.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Middlesbrough on 23:09 - Apr 20 with 1647 views_clive_baker_

Middlesbrough on 22:39 - Apr 20 by quirkie

Bar a massive GD change, Boro can't make the play offs so my fear is they'll be on the beach from now on, can't see anything other than a Leeds win on Monday.

It’s staggering how much weight people are giving to teams supposedly being ‘on the beach’. Professional footballers generally want to win football matches, play for contracts, finish the season strongly. Not to mention playing with the pressure of needing results isn’t always a healthy thing vs a team without that.

People would’ve said Cardiff, Swansea and Bristol City were on the beach against sides with everything to play for this afternoon, but they didn’t do too badly this afternoon.
Middlesbrough on 00:23 - Apr 21 with 1482 viewsStewart27

Middlesbrough on 23:09 - Apr 20 by _clive_baker_

It’s staggering how much weight people are giving to teams supposedly being ‘on the beach’. Professional footballers generally want to win football matches, play for contracts, finish the season strongly. Not to mention playing with the pressure of needing results isn’t always a healthy thing vs a team without that.

People would’ve said Cardiff, Swansea and Bristol City were on the beach against sides with everything to play for this afternoon, but they didn’t do too badly this afternoon.

Where as teams like Huddersfield who have all to play for lost 0-4 today.
Middlesbrough on 03:12 - Apr 21 with 1363 viewsbilllm

Middlesbrough on 18:10 - Apr 20 by EastTownBlue

Cardiff had little to play for.

Hull and Coventry may have little to play for by the time we visit them. We can all go a bit crazy about this and that until these matches are played.

True good shout,
Middlesbrough on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsstrikalite

Middlesbrough on 23:09 - Apr 20 by _clive_baker_

It will be a sell out crowd too, they can just go out there with freedom and play their game with no pressure at all, as opposed to Leeds who are now as you say under pressure..

They've got to keep Summerville quiet, he's the difference in the games I've watched.
Middlesbrough on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 973 views_clive_baker_

Middlesbrough on 00:23 - Apr 21 by Stewart27

Where as teams like Huddersfield who have all to play for lost 0-4 today.

Yeah, that’s the Swansea result I was referring to. Huddersfield fighting for survival lost 4-0 at home to ‘on the beach’ Swansea.

See also Luton, losing 1-5 at home to on the beach Brentford.

Pressure does funny things to people.
"I'm a mess - and I haven't had a drink" on 10:06 - Apr 21 with 931 viewsDyland

Middlesbrough on 17:45 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

The clue is staring you in the face dear Lucers.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not sure if you can take too much from the highlights on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 868 viewsDyland

Middlesbrough on 09:52 - Apr 21 by _clive_baker_

Yeah, that’s the Swansea result I was referring to. Huddersfield fighting for survival lost 4-0 at home to ‘on the beach’ Swansea.

See also Luton, losing 1-5 at home to on the beach Brentford.

Pressure does funny things to people.

Luton looked completely cooked against the Bees. Shocking defence and really feeble body language. A shame for their fans cos they have looked up for the fight generally this season, even when falling short.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024