Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… 21:37 - Apr 21 with 5237 viewsSitfcB

…for a game that doesn’t involve us.

Middlesbrough v Leeds ffs.

I know ‘just concentrate on what we do’ etc but we’re at that stage of the season where everything matters.

Come on Boro!

Sad innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It's probs already been said on 11:51 - Apr 22 with 1178 viewsDyland

Ayling's absence is a massive yeh right for Boro and Town. Ho hum.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 12:08 - Apr 22 with 1139 viewsEuropablue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:39 - Apr 22 by rkc123

I think Wednesday's Hull v Coventry game is big as well, obviously Leeds dropping points would be massive, but if those two are out of the playoff picture by the time we face them I think that is a real boost, you would have to expect a drop off in intensity, and especially against us where the energy and desire to press is so important it could make the difference.
[Post edited 22 Apr 10:40]

As long as Leeds drop points , I'll be happy.
There is something wrong about enjoying the misfortune of others!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 1120 viewsEuropablue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 11:46 - Apr 22 by LankHenners

Yeah, think people have been getting a bit carried away with Leicester’s collapse. Obviously if they lost loads in a row and dropped several points behind us then it’s one thing but they ‘only’ fell to be in amongst the scrap and they’ve evidently got enough quality to eke out enough points.

Always bemused me that people thought Leeds beating them a few weeks ago when they really should have won was a good thing. Had that result been flipped we’d almost have a foot in the PL right now.

It's impossible to know anything for sure, but for a few games everyone was slipping up, so having Leicester in the mix added to the anxiety, so Leeds beating them could have been good. Anyway, all we can focus on is the future.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 12:13 - Apr 22 with 1109 views_clive_baker_

Yeah, think people have been getting a bit carried away with Leicester’s collapse. Obviously if they lost loads in a row and dropped several points behind us then it’s one thing but they ‘only’ fell to be in amongst the scrap and they’ve evidently got enough quality to eke out enough points.

Always bemused me that people thought Leeds beating them a few weeks ago when they really should have won was a good thing. Had that result been flipped we’d almost have a foot in the PL right now.

Yep, I agree, I never thought it a good thing that our closest rival for 2nd place was winning a game like that given the respective league positions at the time.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 12:14 - Apr 22 with 1100 viewsNthQldITFC

Just popped over to Moaning On Together to get a flavour of their group state of mind. Not as bullish as I expected, a bit bitchy about us, and quite a lot of expectation of the play-offs. Also Connor Roberts is out until possibly their last game and it seems he's the mature leader in the squad.

Up the Boro!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 13:07 - Apr 22 with 1008 viewsSitfcB

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 12:14 - Apr 22 by NthQldITFC

Just popped over to Moaning On Together to get a flavour of their group state of mind. Not as bullish as I expected, a bit bitchy about us, and quite a lot of expectation of the play-offs. Also Connor Roberts is out until possibly their last game and it seems he's the mature leader in the squad.

Up the Boro!

A lot of Leeds fans on Twitter think the break won’t have done us any good.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 13:28 - Apr 22 with 972 viewstractorboy1978

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 13:07 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

If we beat Hull and Coventry you can be certain they will quickly pivot to it being unfair, the EFL being corrupt and there being an agenda against Leeds.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:28]
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 13:32 - Apr 22 with 950 viewsNthQldITFC

They don't know us.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 14:49 - Apr 22 with 882 viewsJimbo75

certainly will have done us more good than Coventry who have 4 games in 10 days! ones thing for sure, we will be fresher than them and Hull who also play Weds night prior to playing us!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:09 - Apr 22 with 848 viewsyorkshireblue

Just off a call with a couple of Leeds ST holders, who seemed remarkably relaxed. Seem to think playing away is an advantage.

Both seem more concerned about the QPR game.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:16 - Apr 22 with 832 viewsportmanking

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:09 - Apr 22 by yorkshireblue

Just off a call with a couple of Leeds ST holders, who seemed remarkably relaxed. Seem to think playing away is an advantage.

Both seem more concerned about the QPR game.

QPR away certainly won't be easy for them. Loftus Road is one of the smallest/tightest pitches in the league which will somewhat negate the strengths of their team.

As a side note - we have the second biggest pitch in the league. Second only to whom? Yep, you guessed it, Hull. Should be like a home-from-home experience!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:23 - Apr 22 with 815 viewsJ2BLUE

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:30 - Apr 22 by textbackup

Monday - Boro Leeds
Tuesday - Leicester Soton
Wednesday - cov Hull
Friday - qpr Leeds

Atleast Thursday will be relatively stress free

McKenna will make up some injuries at the presser just to keep you on edge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 16:09 - Apr 22 with 712 viewsWestSussexBlue

But to be fair, easy in hindsight.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 16:19 - Apr 22 with 689 viewsEuropablue

That's a lot of wishful thinking on their part. We looked exhausted. We weren't bottling it like the other clubs, we were just struggling with fatigue and Wes Burns being missing. We might still not make it, but I'm certain that we will do better than we would have done without the break!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 16:36 - Apr 22 with 635 viewsVegtablue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:16 - Apr 22 by portmanking

QPR away certainly won't be easy for them. Loftus Road is one of the smallest/tightest pitches in the league which will somewhat negate the strengths of their team.

As a side note - we have the second biggest pitch in the league. Second only to whom? Yep, you guessed it, Hull. Should be like a home-from-home experience!

I've read that we have the 2nd biggest pitch before, but the measurements they used are from our Wiki page (102 metres x 75 metres). Meanwhile, our esteemed Ham has previously provided measurements of 106 metres x 66 metres, which would make our pitch one of the smallest in the league (if other grounds' measurements are correct).

Portman Road Plans Reveal Longer Pitch 5th Nov 2022 16:23
The club’s plans for the next phase of Portman Road’s development are now available via Ipswich Borough Council’s Planning Portal and reveal that the new pitch will be a little longer than it is at present and will be raised on one side. 20

https://www.footballfancast.com/efl-championship-stadiums-pitch-sizes-ranked-big
[Post edited 22 Apr 16:50]
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 634 viewsEuropablue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 15:16 - Apr 22 by portmanking

You should go on mastermind with your specialty topic of the dimensions of Championship pitches!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:35 - Apr 22 with 533 viewsLankHenners

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 16:09 - Apr 22 by WestSussexBlue

But to be fair, easy in hindsight.

Thought it was fairly obvious at the time that the team competing with us for 2nd was the one we most wanted to drop points to be honest.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:47 - Apr 22 with 511 viewsSoCalTownFan

If my calculations are correct, Middlesbrough have got no chance of getting in the play offs. 9 points off, 3 games to go, inferior goal difference, need Norwich to lose all their games and for Hull and Coventry to blow it big time too.
I doubt they will up much of a fight. I'll save my energy cheering for Norwich so Hull and Coventry are also with nothing to play for.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 498 viewsportmanking

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:47 - Apr 22 by SoCalTownFan

If my calculations are correct, Middlesbrough have got no chance of getting in the play offs. 9 points off, 3 games to go, inferior goal difference, need Norwich to lose all their games and for Hull and Coventry to blow it big time too.
I doubt they will up much of a fight. I'll save my energy cheering for Norwich so Hull and Coventry are also with nothing to play for.

You didn't watch mid-table Sunderland deserve a draw at Leeds a couple of weeks ago, then?

Don't write Boro off just yet.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 486 viewsSwansea_Blue

At least this one's straight forward. 'boro all the way. The games involving S'ton are driving me up the wall, as win, draw or lose we just don't know what any of it could mean for us.

Being in our own hands is a plus but we've had shaky hands lately. I really hope we can put the last 3 results behind us. 'boro was a good performance though, so something to build on. I think I'd rather not be playing catchup, but I suppose that depends on where we are after the others have played and the players may think differently.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 441 viewsMK1

No worse than a draw for Middlesbrough please. Pretty sure Kieran has been on the phone to Michael asking for a favour tonight.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 343 viewsMVBlue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:22 - Apr 22 by PioneerBlue

Everyone cool the burners. Ipswich has had a fabulous season to date. It’s such a long hard season in the Championship. Despite the highs and highs and some credit in the bank for the way we have performed, all we have done is put ourselves in a position to cap the season with a promotion!

I’m a living in the reality that few really thought this imaginable. However all outcomes are on the table.

We enter this period in a similar but not exactly same way as we have done all season. We have to work hard for every point and find ways to score goals and win matches. The difference here with the earlier season games is the critical nature of wins and 3 points, early season is points accumulation, there is little margin for error now.

We can do this. IF we were to miss autos this would surely be disappointing at this stage but would then be the playoffs as a viable solid end to season and promotion that way.

Let’s do this for the spirit of Alf, Bobby and those greats that have past. Let’s do this for all the younger fans that have not had the experience of following Ipswich as a top level club. Let’s do this for the current players and coaching group that have delivered so much excellent football and made PR a must see experience.

Caged tigers.

Lets do it for all the fans that couldn't be on this journey, that passed away before they knew McKenna or Sam Morsey, before the rise.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 334 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 17:47 - Apr 22 by SoCalTownFan

Some may however wish to move onto better things or wish to stay at Boro next season. But also some may love the thought of being part of stopping Leeds get automatic promotion.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024