Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then 11:10 - Apr 22 with 2956 viewsSteve_M

Ease the stress about tonight by enjoying this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:19 - Apr 22 with 2730 viewsGarv

*Shrugs shoulders and tries not to cry*

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:26 - Apr 22 with 2673 viewsClutch

I'm surprised players get behind him to be honest.

Very much the opposite of McKenna.
Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:28 - Apr 22 with 2646 viewsJ2BLUE

Such a pr1ck. Believes his own hype. Will be managing in league one within a couple of years unless the Sky commentators keep being his hype men.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 2506 viewsGeoffSentence

RM is a bit of a cock, but that is a pretty straightforward assessment of the game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:48 - Apr 22 with 2468 viewsPinewoodblue

Of the four managers only KMc seems able to control his emotions.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 2323 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:28 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

Such a pr1ck. Believes his own hype. Will be managing in league one within a couple of years unless the Sky commentators keep being his hype men.

Given his trajectory, when he fails to get them promoted this year - he will be managing in the prem next year.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:20 - Apr 22 with 2268 viewsstickymockwell

Oi Russell

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:20 - Apr 22 with 2261 viewsVegtablue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:46 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

RM is a bit of a cock, but that is a pretty straightforward assessment of the game.

Yeah I watched it and the misses were comical. Unpopular opinion but they're the best I've seen in our league, for attacking play and creativity. They have too many bad days in front of goal though for a side that started the season so shakily, while a better GK would likely have secured a handful more points too. Fine margins when three others go like the clappers.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:30 - Apr 22 with 2176 viewstonybied

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:48 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Of the four managers only KMc seems able to control his emotions.

A good part of that is probably due to the situation though. If we fail to go up McKenna's season will still be seen as a resounding success, for the 3 parachute clubs the board and fans will see anything other than promotion as a massive failure. Even if they make it up via the playoffs they will be on rocky ground (see Darren Moore last year).

Pressure plays a massive part in most peoples emotions but I do think McKenna would still be cool as a cucumber even if he was under the same kind of pressure as the other 3 managers. It could be said, he was under similar pressure last year as we were seen as the league's big spenders at the time, hence a few voices raising questions in our winter "blip". He showed no signs of high emotions at all then.

He should be a great lesson to all of us. Don't get too high with the ups and you'll not crash with the lows, which can make any low feel much bigger than it actually is, in turn, this can cause a dramatic spiral which can quickly go out of control and makes things so hard to turn around. Easier said than done for some though!
Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:45 - Apr 22 with 2046 viewsSE1blue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:20 - Apr 22 by Vegtablue

Yeah I watched it and the misses were comical. Unpopular opinion but they're the best I've seen in our league, for attacking play and creativity. They have too many bad days in front of goal though for a side that started the season so shakily, while a better GK would likely have secured a handful more points too. Fine margins when three others go like the clappers.

I agree. They remind me of Leeds. When either of the these team click, they’re nearly unplayable in this league. Again, unpopular, but I find both teams easier on the eye than Leicester for playing styles.

Southampton as you say are so wasteful in front of goal. I’d add that they often seem to lack a plan B and run out of gas far too soon if their blitz attack approach hasn’t earned them enough goals to win.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:47 - Apr 22 with 2031 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:51 - Apr 22 with 2000 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:20 - Apr 22 by Vegtablue

They’re a bit like us in a way. We can also carve open teams when we’re at our best but sometimes struggle to make the chances count. Seems a strange thing to say after scoring so many goals, but lack of composure in the final third has really cost us lately. Normally we can get away with it through the sheer volume of chances we create.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:56 - Apr 22 with 1949 viewsHerbivore

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:51 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

They’re a bit like us in a way. We can also carve open teams when we’re at our best but sometimes struggle to make the chances count. Seems a strange thing to say after scoring so many goals, but lack of composure in the final third has really cost us lately. Normally we can get away with it through the sheer volume of chances we create.

Although we're outperforming our xG by pretty much the biggest margin in the league. We've missed some big chances lately but over the course of the season we've been quite ruthless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:00 - Apr 22 with 1441 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:56 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Although we're outperforming our xG by pretty much the biggest margin in the league. We've missed some big chances lately but over the course of the season we've been quite ruthless.

Shows how accurate my gut feelings are. It's certainly those recent games that have registered in my brain. Although Norwich we barely made any chance. We didn't do too well at Cardiff either, but then had enough against 'Boro to win 3 games. let's hope we get back to our clinical best for the run in.

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:12 - Apr 22 with 1372 viewsyorkshireblue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:15 - Apr 22 by JammyDodgerrr

Given his trajectory, when he fails to get them promoted this year - he will be managing in the prem next year.

No idea how he keeps falling upwards. Must be amazing in job interviews.
Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:15 - Apr 22 with 1350 viewsKeno

Southampton goalkeeper you say .....

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24263976.joe-lumley-reacted-russell-martins-go

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 1322 viewsJ2BLUE

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 12:15 - Apr 22 by JammyDodgerrr

No chance unless he takes them up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:21 - Apr 22 with 1314 viewsMJallday

Poundland ant Middleton

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:47 - Apr 22 with 1187 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:15 - Apr 22 by Keno

Southampton goalkeeper you say .....

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24263976.joe-lumley-reacted-russell-martins-go

But he was great as Purdey in The New Avengers

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 1137 viewsKeno

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 17:47 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

But he was great as Purdey in The New Avengers

and with Dean in Ad Fab

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 18:35 - Apr 22 with 984 viewsBlueBadger

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 11:28 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

He's the new Paul Lambert, innit.

A budgie 'legend', not nearly as good as he thinks he is and apparently more interested in his pressers rather than the match.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 966 viewsBLUEBEAT

A management era Roy Keane wannabe - but more of a crybaby version.

Poll: W or W

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 967 viewsBlueBadger

If Evans had stayed at the helm here, he'd have been our manager for the 35/316 season
[Post edited 23 Apr 13:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 872 viewsEuropablue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 18:35 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

He's the new Paul Lambert, innit.

A budgie 'legend', not nearly as good as he thinks he is and apparently more interested in his pressers rather than the match.

Has he ever played in Germany though?
Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 19:41 - Apr 22 with 732 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Russell Martin reacted with grace to another defeat then on 18:38 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

If Evans had stayed at the helm here, he'd have been our manager for the 35/316 season
[Post edited 23 Apr 13:54]

Those Evans era seasons did feel like that didn't they?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024