Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? 18:35 - Apr 23 with 429 viewsEuropablue

Obviously it's better than finishing a couple of points below Plymouth in League One.
Surely it would be better than winning the Division One playoffs.
How does it compare to coming 5th in the Premier League?
How does it compare to Leicester winning the Prem?
How does it compare to Ipswich winning the old first division?
If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 18:57 - Apr 23 with 371 viewsEdmundo

It wouldn't be worth an extra star but it would rank alongside the achievements of 1999-2001 imo given the state we were in from 2018-2021.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:06 - Apr 23 with 343 viewsMK1

From where we have come from in such a short space of time, I would rank it 4th in our history. In the history of football, no big shakes for others, but as an Ipswich supporter, it would be massive.
Just for the record, we can finish 1st or 2nd for me to think the above.
If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 288 viewsEuropablue

If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:06 - Apr 23 by MK1

From where we have come from in such a short space of time, I would rank it 4th in our history. In the history of football, no big shakes for others, but as an Ipswich supporter, it would be massive.
Just for the record, we can finish 1st or 2nd for me to think the above.

I can't think of a comparable achievement in English football since the Leicester Premier League win.
If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:48 - Apr 23 with 263 viewsMK1

If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:38 - Apr 23 by Europablue

I can't think of a comparable achievement in English football since the Leicester Premier League win.

In English football I agree.
Bayer Leverkusen is a great story.
If we win the league, how would that compare to other footballing achievements? on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 254 viewsmonty_radio

I realise that the more contemporary the item, whether it be songs, films or footballing achievements, the more likely the newer thing gets the vote.

BUT - to compare, as many did at the time, Leicester's Premier win with Town winning Div 1 is a chalk and cheese equivalence. While Leicester's triumph was gloriously mould-breaking, the poor of the Premier parish they were not - many of them were sizeable acquisitions, as was their manager.

Town, on the other hand, were nobodies from nowhere. 5 of the regular 11 (no "squad" back then) had stepped up two leagues with the Town. None had substantial careers at the top level beforehand, and, Ray Crawford apart, none went on to anything significant afterwards, a certain Mr Ramsey excepted.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024