Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rosenior 10:13 - Apr 26 with 2150 viewsNutkins_Return

Wish him nothing but failure tomorrow night but he really does come across as a bright, intelligent and excellent manager. He'd be on my list when the inevitable happens (hopefully long way away...) though not sure we'd be such a step up for him to take him away from project he has.

There are a few really top young prospects now in this division with likes of him, McKenna, Rohl and Manning. Schumacher of course as well but terrible fit that move to Stoke but expect him to have them much better next year.
Rosenior on 10:17 - Apr 26 with 1998 viewsportmanking

Hmm, I'm not sure. He talks a good game, but is that it? It's all sound bites and 'philosophy' from what I can see. They've heavily relied on individual flair/skill to win games this season and have been criticised by their fans for possession without a purpose a la Lambert-ball.
Rosenior on 10:20 - Apr 26 with 1964 viewsHerbivore

He's got a ridiculously talented squad at Hull and has been well-backed. I like him, but he's achieving about par or arguably slightly below par based on what he has at his disposal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rosenior on 10:21 - Apr 26 with 1950 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 10:17 - Apr 26 by portmanking

Hmm, I'm not sure. He talks a good game, but is that it? It's all sound bites and 'philosophy' from what I can see. They've heavily relied on individual flair/skill to win games this season and have been criticised by their fans for possession without a purpose a la Lambert-ball.

I think he's actually very tactically astute and don't see the comparison with Lambert at all. Seen them play different ways - out played some of the big teams but also seen him have them very solid away from home and catch teams on counter (away from us excellent).

Very similar to McKenna in staying level and he talks with honesty (remember how he analysed the result against us).

Players want to play for him. With the right backroom staff and a settled club structure like ours he'll do well. Would be a smooth fit for McKenna. The biggest problem is he's not McKenna of course.

Rohl as well. These guys are all learning. His team against us was suicidal but their points return under him as been remarkable from where they were.
Rosenior on 10:22 - Apr 26 with 1947 viewsDubtractor

Rosenior on 10:17 - Apr 26 by portmanking

I'm also unconvinced - they spent about £12m last Summer, as well as a number of loans that won't have come cheap, and have probably underperformed a bit (results wise) if anything.

Obviously play some nice football, but have struggled a bit for consistency all season.

FWIW I think that Manning is probably the better manager.
[Post edited 26 Apr 10:23]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rosenior on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 1934 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 10:20 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

He's got a ridiculously talented squad at Hull and has been well-backed. I like him, but he's achieving about par or arguably slightly below par based on what he has at his disposal.

I agree on the squad. But balance that with what Cook did with a squad well above par for the division put together for that season. The cohesion he has got them at so quickly gives him great credibility for me.

I think it's definitely fair to say the body of work isn't a big one to judge easily though and I agree its a quality squad.
Rosenior on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 1904 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rosenior on 10:21 - Apr 26 by Nutkins_Return

I think he's actually very tactically astute and don't see the comparison with Lambert at all. Seen them play different ways - out played some of the big teams but also seen him have them very solid away from home and catch teams on counter (away from us excellent).

Very similar to McKenna in staying level and he talks with honesty (remember how he analysed the result against us).

Players want to play for him. With the right backroom staff and a settled club structure like ours he'll do well. Would be a smooth fit for McKenna. The biggest problem is he's not McKenna of course.

Rohl as well. These guys are all learning. His team against us was suicidal but their points return under him as been remarkable from where they were.

Rohl has done a much better job than Rosenior, the fact that they have a decent chance of survival after the worst Championship start in history is incredible. Probably the weakest squad I the league to boot.

Hull play some decent stuff but their results have been average at best. The only team that had a better Jan window (certainly bigger budget) than us, they should have a lot more points on the board. I’d not write him off for the future, but so far he’s certainly not achieving beyond expectations.
Rosenior on 11:06 - Apr 26 with 1760 viewsdavblue

Rosenior on 10:27 - Apr 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Rohl has done a much better job than Rosenior, the fact that they have a decent chance of survival after the worst Championship start in history is incredible. Probably the weakest squad I the league to boot.

Hull play some decent stuff but their results have been average at best. The only team that had a better Jan window (certainly bigger budget) than us, they should have a lot more points on the board. I’d not write him off for the future, but so far he’s certainly not achieving beyond expectations.

Cifuentes has done better job than Rhol imo.
Rosenior on 11:09 - Apr 26 with 1742 viewsgeg1992

I like him and he comes across a nice guy, talks a lot of sense.

However, I think he's actually underachieving at Hull. With their squad I feel like they should have done better.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Login to get fewer ads

Rosenior on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 1636 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 11:06 - Apr 26 by davblue

Haven't followed him so much. Interesting. Thi k Sunderland sniffing him and Still.

His points average almost exactly matches Rohl. Would have to say with Sheffield Wed awful squad for this level not sure if better. But haven't followed. Maybe more recently they are playing really good stuff.
Rosenior on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 1587 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rosenior on 11:06 - Apr 26 by davblue

I think Cifuentes has done a great job but he does have some very decent players at his disposal - Sheff Weds don’t have anyone of the quality of Sinclair-Armstrong, Willock, and Chair for example.
Rosenior on 11:46 - Apr 26 with 1520 viewsHerbivore

Rosenior on 11:28 - Apr 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I think Cifuentes has done a great job but he does have some very decent players at his disposal - Sheff Weds don’t have anyone of the quality of Sinclair-Armstrong, Willock, and Chair for example.

Think you're forgetting Barry Barry-Bannan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rosenior on 11:52 - Apr 26 with 1451 viewsdavblue

Rosenior on 11:20 - Apr 26 by Nutkins_Return

Haven't followed him so much. Interesting. Thi k Sunderland sniffing him and Still.

His points average almost exactly matches Rohl. Would have to say with Sheffield Wed awful squad for this level not sure if better. But haven't followed. Maybe more recently they are playing really good stuff.

QPR were in the gutter as well and had been for a fair while
Rosenior on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1399 viewsdavblue

Rosenior on 11:28 - Apr 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Ugbo (edited) is better than Armstrong at the minute imo.

It's a fair challenge, is there that much between Willock and Windass? Chair is obviously better than anyone else in Sheff Wed's team.
[Post edited 26 Apr 14:29]
Rosenior on 14:40 - Apr 26 with 1034 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 11:46 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Think you're forgetting Barry Barry-Bannan.

Hell of a point. Having Barry 'Barry Bannon' Bannon in your side is like a cheat code.
Rosenior on 14:46 - Apr 26 with 998 views_clive_baker_

Seems a decent bloke and was certainly a very good player, I'm not sure he's really done anything notable in management yet though. As others have said he's been well backed, signed the likes of Philogene for £5+ million (that's a steal in today's money though, he's phenomenal), Carvalho on loan, Delap on loan from City, hung on to Greaves who looks a quality player. Not sure just missing out on playoffs is a particularly impressive season, which looks the mostly likely outcome regardless of tomorrow's result.

I'd be a little underwhelmed if McKenna was poached and replaced with Rosenior tbh.
Rosenior on 14:55 - Apr 26 with 967 views_clive_baker_

Rosenior on 10:27 - Apr 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah, its quite remarkable what he's done at Wendies to be fair, I think he's a more deserving shout for MOTS than Rosenior given the relative squads and remits. Rohl took charge of Sheff Wed after 11 games and they were rock bottom with no wins, 3 draws, and 3 points from a possible 33. Since then he's overseen top half form.

Some similarities with McKenna to be fair, youngest manager in the league, moved into coaching young after injuries at Leipzig, joined Bayern. Assistant Manager for the German national team at about 31 and now his 1st #1 gig. He'll be hot property.
Rosenior on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 966 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Rosenior on 14:46 - Apr 26 by _clive_baker_

Seems a decent bloke and was certainly a very good player, I'm not sure he's really done anything notable in management yet though. As others have said he's been well backed, signed the likes of Philogene for £5+ million (that's a steal in today's money though, he's phenomenal), Carvalho on loan, Delap on loan from City, hung on to Greaves who looks a quality player. Not sure just missing out on playoffs is a particularly impressive season, which looks the mostly likely outcome regardless of tomorrow's result.

I'd be a little underwhelmed if McKenna was poached and replaced with Rosenior tbh.

Agreed. Wasn't at all impressed with how they set themselves up at PR either, and that was before a number of the big names came I think (i.e. when Rosenior probably had a tougher job). Looks like one to watch rather than one that I'd seriously consider when the time comes.
Rosenior on 15:04 - Apr 26 with 943 viewsReusersTown

Rosenior on 10:20 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

I'd also agree he's underachieved. Has a ridiculous amount of expensive talent up the top end.
Rosenior on 15:07 - Apr 26 with 927 viewsReusersTown

Rosenior on 10:23 - Apr 26 by Nutkins_Return

I agree on the squad. But balance that with what Cook did with a squad well above par for the division put together for that season. The cohesion he has got them at so quickly gives him great credibility for me.

I think it's definitely fair to say the body of work isn't a big one to judge easily though and I agree its a quality squad.

Comparing him to the massive failure that was Cook is not what I'd call balance lol.
[Post edited 26 Apr 15:08]
Rosenior on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 881 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not for me.

As you say a very bright well spoken guy. But I have watched a good amount of Hull this season and more often than not they have been really poor to watch, and shouldn't be with the players at their disposal.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rosenior on 16:05 - Apr 26 with 788 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Rosenior on 14:55 - Apr 26 by _clive_baker_

Yeah, its quite remarkable what he's done at Wendies to be fair, I think he's a more deserving shout for MOTS than Rosenior given the relative squads and remits. Rohl took charge of Sheff Wed after 11 games and they were rock bottom with no wins, 3 draws, and 3 points from a possible 33. Since then he's overseen top half form.

Some similarities with McKenna to be fair, youngest manager in the league, moved into coaching young after injuries at Leipzig, joined Bayern. Assistant Manager for the German national team at about 31 and now his 1st #1 gig. He'll be hot property.

He'd be well up there for me if KM was to go.
Rosenior on 16:29 - Apr 26 with 725 viewstractorboy1978

Rosenior on 16:05 - Apr 26 by PrideOfTheEast

He'd be well up there for me if KM was to go.

He's done incredibly well and I really like his background and coaching pedigree with Munich/German national team. I thought he was really tactically naive at PR though and McKenna totally outclassed him. Expect he's learned from that.
Rosenior on 16:38 - Apr 26 with 700 viewsstrikalite

Rosenior on 16:29 - Apr 26 by tractorboy1978

He's done incredibly well and I really like his background and coaching pedigree with Munich/German national team. I thought he was really tactically naive at PR though and McKenna totally outclassed him. Expect he's learned from that.

Always talked a lot of sense as a pundit, I thought during that time that he'd make a good Manager somewhere, but you still need the right fit, a good deal of time(nobody gets that)and some luck along the way too..
Rosenior on 16:40 - Apr 26 with 690 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 15:07 - Apr 26 by ReusersTown

Comparing him to the massive failure that was Cook is not what I'd call balance lol.
[Post edited 26 Apr 15:08]

I think you missed my point. Yes Hull have recruited well. But buying loads of quality rarely clicks immediately. Rosenior has done it pretty seamlessly and they they have got steadily better rather than really struggled and then got to grips.

He's a good fit for us. Young, progressive and plays the right way. Builds a culture and an identity. I think he's done really well as do his peers. I think they will continue to progress under him which is what you want. Time will tell if he can get anywhere close to McKenna levels but we won't get someone matching McKenna levels unless in the prem in which case I hope we have McKenna.

Rohl would be my pick right now. But I'm hoping we are 1-2 seasons away hence saying these are guys to watch.
Rosenior on 16:43 - Apr 26 with 680 viewsNutkins_Return

Rosenior on 16:38 - Apr 26 by strikalite

Always talked a lot of sense as a pundit, I thought during that time that he'd make a good Manager somewhere, but you still need the right fit, a good deal of time(nobody gets that)and some luck along the way too..

Agreed. Anyone else think Jobi McAnuff would have a lot to offer as a coach (not manager). Guy is so articulate and analyses the game really well. Just a total people person as well to compliment it. Really impresses on sky sat next to seasoned managers and they listen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024