Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The emotional over-reaction thread 23:13 - Apr 27 with 3873 viewspointofblue

I'm starting this because I know I'm probably the most guilty party of this on the forum. I know some (most.. all) of what I post is OTT, especially if we don't win, is over the top and comes from a place of emotion rather than rational thought.

So I'm going to do post this thread so I can get it all out of my system and hopefully mean I'm rational on other threads. To those who are prone to emotional reaction, please feel free to use it as well. To those who are not, this thread may not be for you.

Football... bloody hell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:17 - Apr 27 with 2428 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oo thank you. I can let that part of me out.

I have a what will be will be thought too. But the football fan part of me right now is gutted.

Gutted that we've now had 3 games to effectively win promotion and bottled each one.

It's great what we've achieved upto date and I know bigger clubs have bottled it potentially further. But come on town.. we've seen Evans pull the plug when promotion didn't happen. We won't get an easier chance to get a promotion place than right now...

Can we please get the job done. Otherwise all the effort means fk all come end of season if we don't do it. We lose davis. We lose hirst likely. We may lose KM. So then what of town.

So yes over emotional post to go with this specific thread.

But town. Don't fk it up!!!!!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:18 - Apr 27 with 2425 viewsDublinBlue84

Just gutted.

Feels like a defeat but it shouldn't. At full time I just felt exhausted and in disbelief that we've let yet another opportunity go. I literally don't know what to say. I'm just in shock we didn't win that one. Sure I'll pull myself together, but really, after working three good goals, to not be able to get a win over last few games is really frustrating.

We've got to do better, draws are not enough.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:19 - Apr 27 with 2407 viewstonybied

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

That's better!
The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:37 - Apr 27 with 2318 viewspointofblue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:18 - Apr 27 by DublinBlue84

Just gutted.

Feels like a defeat but it shouldn't. At full time I just felt exhausted and in disbelief that we've let yet another opportunity go. I literally don't know what to say. I'm just in shock we didn't win that one. Sure I'll pull myself together, but really, after working three good goals, to not be able to get a win over last few games is really frustrating.

I think that's where I am. That's why I'm so negative elsewhere, even though it's been a brilliant season, whatever happens from now. But today feels like we've left the door ajar from Leeds and put unnecessary pressure on the Coventry game not to lose. We can only hope Coventry are playing on fumes but they're still dangerous - especially if we're without Davis.

Three points tonight would have been massive. And we should have got them.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:52 - Apr 27 with 2271 viewsmrfixit426

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:17 - Apr 27 by FrimleyBlue

I have a what will be will be thought too. But the football fan part of me right now is gutted.

Gutted that we've now had 3 games to effectively win promotion and bottled each one.

It's great what we've achieved upto date and I know bigger clubs have bottled it potentially further. But come on town.. we've seen Evans pull the plug when promotion didn't happen. We won't get an easier chance to get a promotion place than right now...

Can we please get the job done. Otherwise all the effort means fk all come end of season if we don't do it. We lose davis. We lose hirst likely. We may lose KM. So then what of town.

"bottled each one."

FFS. We just don't need 'fans' like you.

You should never have been allowed back IMO. Toxic know-it-all who actually knows nothing.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:55 - Apr 27 with 2242 viewspointofblue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:52 - Apr 27 by mrfixit426

"bottled each one."

You should never have been allowed back IMO. Toxic know-it-all who actually knows nothing.

Maybe the reason he posted in here is because he knew that comment was an over-reaction? Better in here than another thread on the forum, that's the point.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:58 - Apr 27 with 2206 viewsmrfixit426

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:55 - Apr 27 by pointofblue

Maybe the reason he posted in here is because he knew that comment was an over-reaction? Better in here than another thread on the forum, that's the point.

My comment wasn't specific to this thread.

The quote was.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:16 - Apr 28 with 2153 viewsIllinoisblue

Cumulative, isn’t it? We had scum which was a defeat. Then Watford felt like a defeat. Played better v Boro but also felt like a defeat. Then had to wait three and a half years before we played again and were ahead three times, so that feels like a defeat, too.

Which is crazy really. We’ve got two shots left. Leeds only have one. Who would we rather be?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:22 - Apr 28 with 2121 viewspointofblue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:16 - Apr 28 by Illinoisblue

Cumulative, isn’t it? We had scum which was a defeat. Then Watford felt like a defeat. Played better v Boro but also felt like a defeat. Then had to wait three and a half years before we played again and were ahead three times, so that feels like a defeat, too.

Which is crazy really. We’ve got two shots left. Leeds only have one. Who would we rather be?

Us until Tuesday, then it depends what we do there. It just felt so close tonight. So close to securing second place.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:28 - Apr 28 with 2083 viewsquirkie

My fear is we've blown it again.

Say we lose on Tuesday but win next Saturday and Leeds win and we miss out of GD.

Can't take that.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:44 - Apr 28 with 2040 viewsgainsboroughblue

Possibly needs to be stickied this thread. Football is an emotional game and we're all prone to letting off steam in the moment.

I know myself I've looked stupid having a moan, only for us to score a few mins later and then you get the 'that aged well' taunts which if Town are successful, I can take.

Most people are on here because they love the Town. Some people vent because they are on their own and have nobody next to them on the settee to swear at.

Yeah, there are trolls and idiots but most of us share the same passion.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 01:34 - Apr 28 with 1961 viewsBondiBlue

I'm a bit odd. When it gets really tense, i go numb and don't really celebrate goals or get annoyed when we concede.

I'm in shot after benty scores at carrot road to make it 2-0 where everyone around me is going nuts and i'm just standing there breathing.

Poll: Which would you accept?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 04:03 - Apr 28 with 1851 viewsRyorry

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:37 - Apr 27 by pointofblue

I think that's where I am. That's why I'm so negative elsewhere, even though it's been a brilliant season, whatever happens from now. But today feels like we've left the door ajar from Leeds and put unnecessary pressure on the Coventry game not to lose. We can only hope Coventry are playing on fumes but they're still dangerous - especially if we're without Davis.

Three points tonight would have been massive. And we should have got them.

Hull fans are probably feeling just as gutted that their players allowed Omari so much time and space to score his second.

Players aren't machines that are going to perform perfectly for 90+x minutes every game. Football would be dull if they were!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The emotional over-reaction thread on 04:34 - Apr 28 with 1828 viewspointofblue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 04:03 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

Hull fans are probably feeling just as gutted that their players allowed Omari so much time and space to score his second.

Players aren't machines that are going to perform perfectly for 90+x minutes every game. Football would be dull if they were!

Their fans are probably wondering why they didn't learn their lesson from his first goal. At least the errors we made were different each time.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 06:34 - Apr 28 with 1753 viewsNeedhamChris

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:52 - Apr 27 by mrfixit426

"bottled each one."

You've literally come on a thread that they've called the 'overreaction thread', looking for an argument.

This board is worse for the likes of yoiu

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 07:22 - Apr 28 with 1672 viewsMK1

Please don't use the word "Bottled".
Hull played some good attacking football and were going for it as they still had an outside chance of the play-offs. They ain't no mugs. Their squad is one of the most talented in the division, so please, don't say we "bottled" it.
It was a great game to be at and yet again the boys put on a hell of a show and played great. So glad to see Hirst and Burns back, thought both were great until taken off for protection. They go to Coventry(unfortunately I can't) with the chance of taking a massive step towards the Prem.
Good night all round.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 08:06 - Apr 28 with 1592 viewsSwansea_Blue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:18 - Apr 27 by DublinBlue84

Just gutted.

Being pegged back three times felt like another three opportunities missed. It’s a bonkers end to the season. Almost as if nobody wants to win. Not just in the Championship but the PL too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 08:48 - Apr 28 with 1487 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 06:34 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

You've literally come on a thread that they've called the 'overreaction thread', looking for an argument.

This board is worse for the likes of yoiu

Maybe mrfixit's reaction is an overreaction?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 08:50 - Apr 28 with 1480 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We didn't "bottle" anything. That performance was the complete opposite of "bottling it".

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:10 - Apr 28 with 1420 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 08:50 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

We didn't "bottle" anything. That performance was the complete opposite of "bottling it".

Which is a point which I agree with in my calm mode.

But my overreaction after game mind was different. Hence the thread.

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:18 - Apr 28 with 1406 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:55 - Apr 27 by pointofblue

Nah, this was just a thread to encourage criticism and negativity, on a team who have fought tooth and nail All season, have already secured the points on a normal season to have won promotion, and who at the start of the season we would have been happy to scrape sixth, just no need for this kind of Shiite.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 1366 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:18 - Apr 28 by bazza

Nah, this was just a thread to encourage criticism and negativity, on a team who have fought tooth and nail All season, have already secured the points on a normal season to have won promotion, and who at the start of the season we would have been happy to scrape sixth, just no need for this kind of Shiite.

Perfect thread for after a game tbh.

It's on you if you then open it and read through it. You know you're 100% going to disagree with what ever us written so why just not open it.

I think it's a great thread. Allows you to vent and move on.

It's now Sunday I'm chilled. I don't feel any of the feelings u did last night. All good.

And the best thing is those feelings were written in this thread which will be forgotten about once people stop replying to posts within it about how they don't agree with the posts.

COYB!

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:30 - Apr 28 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

I love it. Rant and rave when we concede and go nuts when we score/win. It’s what football’s all about and life must be pretty dull if you’re an emotional husk. So go for it. It’s the team’s job to remain grounded and dispassionate, not ours.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 1327 viewsNeedhamChris

The emotional over-reaction thread on 08:48 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Maybe mrfixit's reaction is an overreaction?!

And maybe mine is too

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 1321 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:24 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Perfect thread for after a game tbh.

It's on you if you then open it and read through it. You know you're 100% going to disagree with what ever us written so why just not open it.

I think it's a great thread. Allows you to vent and move on.

It's now Sunday I'm chilled. I don't feel any of the feelings u did last night. All good.

And the best thing is those feelings were written in this thread which will be forgotten about once people stop replying to posts within it about how they don't agree with the posts.

COYB!

I’m free to read and comment where I like , and I didn’t realise this was from yesterday when I started reading it, but either way , saying we’ve bottled it, is just ridiculous, and I never actually replied to your comment, so you could have not replied and bumped it back up again
Yourself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024