Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fed up with it All 22:20 - May 22 with 2005 viewscressi

If speculation is to be believed Ashton needs to sit with McKenna and say this is the deal you have this amount of time take it or leave it. I'm sure any club who wishes to talk to McKenna has to go through official channels not over a cup of tea round somebody's house.
It needs dealing with within a week Because if McKenna does choose to leave the new manager May have different views on new signings. Plus time to get things moving as quickly as possible. Hopefully McKenna stays But there is not much true loyalty in football today.
Fed up with it All on 22:24 - May 22 with 1810 viewsBossy

I agree actually. It’s close to being damaging to the club. Even if it’s his agent doing the rounds at some point we need to take a principled stance. At the moment it looks like he wants to manage anyone above us in the Prem.

No idea how Ashton is keeping his cool. It’s infuriating and somewhat insulting.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Fed up with it All on 22:26 - May 22 with 1774 viewsportmanking

I totally agree. I said that a week ago and plenty shot me down saying that we couldn't do that to McKenna.

Well, he's allowing his representatives to destabilise our club and probably affect team morale in the process. It's certainly destabilised the fan base. There needs to be a deadline for this, for everyone's sake, especially OUR club.
Fed up with it All on 22:34 - May 22 with 1679 viewsHighgateBlue

Fed up with it All on 22:26 - May 22 by portmanking

I totally agree. I said that a week ago and plenty shot me down saying that we couldn't do that to McKenna.

Well, he's allowing his representatives to destabilise our club and probably affect team morale in the process. It's certainly destabilised the fan base. There needs to be a deadline for this, for everyone's sake, especially OUR club.

He has a contract with us, so he can stay if he wants to, with no ultimatum. He also has a release clause, so if that's met, he can leave if he wants.

He holds all the cards, and he can just shrug at any ultimatum.

He may well be waiting to see what happens with United. He might say that he'll turn down Brighton and Chelsea but couldn't turn down United. I'm not sure what we could do in that situation other than just bend over and take it.
Fed up with it All on 22:35 - May 22 with 1672 viewsSwailsey

I just want it to end one way or the other now. He’s in danger of tarnishing his legacy here for me - or at least his agent is. I understand it’s his career, and business, but we do just seem to be being used now to court the best offer. It’s feeling quite unsavoury.

Nothing but respect for him for what he has achieved, but leaving before we’ve kicked a ball in the Prem would feel like a colossal kick in the d*ck. Especially if this rumbles on much longer.

I do obviously want him to stay - I love what he has done for the club and he seems a gentleman. He’s given me some of my best memories of football ever. But he can’t be in love with 4 clubs - so something has to give one way or another. If this was a player you get the feeling we’d look elsewhere or laugh at the mercenary nature of it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Fed up with it All on 22:37 - May 22 with 1603 viewsIllinoisblue

Fed up with it All on 22:35 - May 22 by Swailsey

I just want it to end one way or the other now. He’s in danger of tarnishing his legacy here for me - or at least his agent is. I understand it’s his career, and business, but we do just seem to be being used now to court the best offer. It’s feeling quite unsavoury.

Nothing but respect for him for what he has achieved, but leaving before we’ve kicked a ball in the Prem would feel like a colossal kick in the d*ck. Especially if this rumbles on much longer.

I do obviously want him to stay - I love what he has done for the club and he seems a gentleman. He’s given me some of my best memories of football ever. But he can’t be in love with 4 clubs - so something has to give one way or another. If this was a player you get the feeling we’d look elsewhere or laugh at the mercenary nature of it.

I sense after Utd lose the cup final, things will start to really take shape.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Fed up with it All on 22:37 - May 22 with 1609 viewsBossy

His agent is doing what McKenna has approved. There is no way that McKenna wants to stay and his agent is running around like a mad man spreading rumours for the lols.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Fed up with it All on 22:39 - May 22 with 1553 viewsjampow1

It's very close to getting messy, and regardless if it's agent talk or not, ultimately they are agents connected with McKenna and therefore it just doesn't reflect well on him.

Nothing will take away from the incredible achievements, but a bad taste will start to form if this agents "come and get me" messaging continues. Similarly it's not a great look for the club to have your manager on every back page being touted for other jobs.

Given the United job won't move until next week, it doesn't feel like something will happen quickly, which either way is what we need now, if he leaves - we say thank you very much and he leaves, or he stays and we can move on and start planning for pre-season, this limbo is the worst part.
Fed up with it All on 22:40 - May 22 with 1521 viewsPaul

Agreed. It's getting quite farcical now and I am fed up of it all. This needs to be addressed one way or another promptly. Its already tarnished what should have been a wonderful summer basking in the glow of PL football.
Login to get fewer ads

Fed up with it All on 22:44 - May 22 with 1447 viewsMattinLondon

The club doesn’t have to placate the fans as it’s their own responsibility not to act as bell ends and believe any tabloid rubbish.

The players will probably have been kept informed and the day are the only ones that really matter.

I don’t want KM to go but if he does then so be it. Thanks for everything, best of luck now over to you Ashton and bring in a new great manager quickly.
Fed up with it All on 22:45 - May 22 with 1447 viewsRegencyBlue

Completely agree.

His agent is obviously behind much of the current ‘noise’ but at the end of the day he works for KM and if KM is unhappy with what is going on he could easily stop it. The fact he doesn’t seem to have done so is disappointing.
Fed up with it All on 22:45 - May 22 with 1429 viewsRimsy

It's a shame, but all the goodwill KMc has built up the last 2 seasons is being destroyed in a few days with this saga. Either stay or leave, but do it quickly. It's destabilising and we need to prepare for a massive season.

BlueBlood

Fed up with it All on 22:47 - May 22 with 1351 viewsNutkins_Return

Fed up with it All on 22:24 - May 22 by Bossy

I agree actually. It’s close to being damaging to the club. Even if it’s his agent doing the rounds at some point we need to take a principled stance. At the moment it looks like he wants to manage anyone above us in the Prem.

No idea how Ashton is keeping his cool. It’s infuriating and somewhat insulting.

Can everyone just put their big pants on. McKenna going isn't good for the club but the 'situation being damaging'. This is a result of success FFS. It was inevitable and happens every season in football. It's not damaging it's normal. It's upsetting and annoying but it was always going to happen and it's happening because of how well he and we have done.

Man we've enjoyed the ride. There is a small chance he stays but if not he goes with absolutely the best wishes.

Ashton will have been working on contingency plans etc. we will get a good manager in hopefully and continue to build the club even IF we take some small steps back to keep going forward.

2 years ago if someone said we'd be back in the Prem and going into it with someone like I don't know Graham Potter (just for example) as manager we'd be loving it.

It will suckosijg McKenna but it is what it is unfortunately if that happens.
Fed up with it All on 22:48 - May 22 with 1343 viewscressi

Fed up with it All on 22:34 - May 22 by HighgateBlue

He has a contract with us, so he can stay if he wants to, with no ultimatum. He also has a release clause, so if that's met, he can leave if he wants.

He holds all the cards, and he can just shrug at any ultimatum.

He may well be waiting to see what happens with United. He might say that he'll turn down Brighton and Chelsea but couldn't turn down United. I'm not sure what we could do in that situation other than just bend over and take it.

I can't say as we don't know anything for sure ,But if you are getting your agents to drum up at every club looking for a manager I'm sure there must be some breach of contract. The only reason we as a club are probably letting it go is the release clause .Hopefully I'm wrong.
Fed up with it All on 22:51 - May 22 with 1232 viewsGarv

Some weird takes in this thread.

How do you know McKenna and Ashton haven't already sat down and why do you expect every truth to be aired publicly so early?

De Zerbi only announced he was leaving on Friday I believe. Like Ashton said, calm down and trust the club to be doing the right thing.

All this whining because we're not in the loop, it's silly.

Also the idea of this tarnishing McKenna's reputation and 'undoing' the amazing work he's done in 2.5 years is the biggest load of rubbish I've read for a long time.
[Post edited 22 May 22:53]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Fed up with it All on 22:53 - May 22 with 1185 viewsJ2BLUE

Pre season is a month away. Transfers don't start moving this early, especially when the sort of players we would likely be looking at are making up the numbers while the first teamers are at the Euros/Copa America. I'm sure we will know by this time next week.

I know it's hard now, but if we had been told that he would get us up and then leave we would have taken it. His mission has been accomplished really and although we would clearly love him to stay and build us further there will never be a good time for him to leave.

Try and chill out. Hope he stays and builds with us but if he chooses to leave then we need to shake his hand and wish him well. We should not let this relationship sour after he has done so much to get us here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fed up with it All on 22:57 - May 22 with 1053 viewsHipsterectomy

Ashton said we are always looking at manager replacements (not as a slight on McKenna, just if you’re a well run football club you do that). I would imagine plans are in place if McKenna leaves within the next week or so. We can’t really afford it dragging on much longer.

It’s disappointing that his agent is not being reigned in either way. If McKenna wants to leave, it’s making him look desperate to. If he’s happy here, then his agent is doing it for their own self-interest and financial gain.

Oh well, we could be Norwich and scraping the barrel for coaches with a life of mid table championship and poverty to look forward to

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Fed up with it All on 23:01 - May 22 with 960 viewscressi

Fed up with it All on 22:53 - May 22 by J2BLUE

Pre season is a month away. Transfers don't start moving this early, especially when the sort of players we would likely be looking at are making up the numbers while the first teamers are at the Euros/Copa America. I'm sure we will know by this time next week.

I know it's hard now, but if we had been told that he would get us up and then leave we would have taken it. His mission has been accomplished really and although we would clearly love him to stay and build us further there will never be a good time for him to leave.

Try and chill out. Hope he stays and builds with us but if he chooses to leave then we need to shake his hand and wish him well. We should not let this relationship sour after he has done so much to get us here.

Transfer window opens 14th June and we a good one more than most. Players who may come want to know who the manager is.
We all acknowledge what a great job he has done but most fans want dome clarity where things are going.
Fed up with it All on 23:35 - May 22 with 785 viewsReus30

Fed up with it All on 22:48 - May 22 by cressi

I can't say as we don't know anything for sure ,But if you are getting your agents to drum up at every club looking for a manager I'm sure there must be some breach of contract. The only reason we as a club are probably letting it go is the release clause .Hopefully I'm wrong.

You do this in FM where you leak to the press, you in trouble!

I'm tired.
Fed up with it All on 23:42 - May 22 with 725 viewsPinewoodblue

Fed up with it All on 22:51 - May 22 by Garv

Some weird takes in this thread.

How do you know McKenna and Ashton haven't already sat down and why do you expect every truth to be aired publicly so early?

De Zerbi only announced he was leaving on Friday I believe. Like Ashton said, calm down and trust the club to be doing the right thing.

All this whining because we're not in the loop, it's silly.

Also the idea of this tarnishing McKenna's reputation and 'undoing' the amazing work he's done in 2.5 years is the biggest load of rubbish I've read for a long time.
[Post edited 22 May 22:53]

Weird isn’t the word it is plain stupidity.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Fed up with it All on 23:43 - May 22 with 716 viewsGarv

Fed up with it All on 22:45 - May 22 by RegencyBlue

Completely agree.

His agent is obviously behind much of the current ‘noise’ but at the end of the day he works for KM and if KM is unhappy with what is going on he could easily stop it. The fact he doesn’t seem to have done so is disappointing.

So agents always do what exactly their client wants them to and never have their own agenda?

Come on. In reality you have no idea, you're guessing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Fed up with it All on 23:47 - May 22 with 655 viewsDenny32

I don't care what mckenna has done for this club ..but to feck off to another before he gives us at least a season in pl is beyond me..he is all the time saying we a special club and special community and something special is happening here..but If he goes. He has definitely gone down in my estimation ..for god sake..hes only 38 .suppose to be offered 20 mil over 4 years..even if it goes tits up..at least we knew we has a great coach..our present lot of players have been coached by him.to get the best from them .they at least should be led out in to the field of battle with their captain of the ship supportive them and us ..
Fed up with it All on 23:49 - May 22 with 617 viewspointofblue

Logically I want him to stay, but it’s getting to the point where I feel he’ll only be here on opening day because no one wanted him, rather than because he wants to be. And that’s deflating. Almost better for him to go and have someone in who, for the time being at least, would be 100% committed to us. As it stands, especially if we start well, practically every top tier sacking will start the circus again anyway.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fed up with it All on 23:50 - May 22 with 607 viewsitfc1108

I think I would almost rather be back in league one, worrying that big Steve Evans has already signed 3 players and we haven't signed anyone, than this!
Fed up with it All on 00:06 - May 23 with 481 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Fed up with it All on 22:47 - May 22 by Nutkins_Return

Can everyone just put their big pants on. McKenna going isn't good for the club but the 'situation being damaging'. This is a result of success FFS. It was inevitable and happens every season in football. It's not damaging it's normal. It's upsetting and annoying but it was always going to happen and it's happening because of how well he and we have done.

Man we've enjoyed the ride. There is a small chance he stays but if not he goes with absolutely the best wishes.

Ashton will have been working on contingency plans etc. we will get a good manager in hopefully and continue to build the club even IF we take some small steps back to keep going forward.

2 years ago if someone said we'd be back in the Prem and going into it with someone like I don't know Graham Potter (just for example) as manager we'd be loving it.

It will suckosijg McKenna but it is what it is unfortunately if that happens.

I've got to ask - what does "suckosijg" mean?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Fed up with it All on 00:12 - May 23 with 451 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

I don't want to add yet another separate post on this subject ,so yes. I agree. This is a media circus. There will be a clown . I don't want any one from ITFC to be that character, but the actions and decisions of those who get to pull the strings will determine how well KMc as a commodity will fare, and how the reputation of ITFC will fare. Tough times. Dig in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024